MHDT Labs: R-2R NOS Tube DACs
Jan 4, 2022 at 8:57 AM Post #586 of 897
Many thanks. I have just bought a pair of Raytheons and i will see. So far i have been using Siemens cca through an adapter with good results. I have never listened to WE 396.

BTW Have You tried to JJ 6386?
I have not tried the JJ. I generally stay away from JJ tubes as they had a rash of reliability issues at one time. Not sure if that is still the case but they did at one time so I generally stay away.

Jan 4, 2022 at 11:22 AM Post #587 of 897
I have not tried the JJ. I generally stay away from JJ tubes as they had a rash of reliability issues at one time. Not sure if that is still the case but they did at one time so I generally stay away.
I have heard this opionion as well. The reason I asked was that it seemed a premium tube, at least from current production.

Jan 5, 2022 at 11:37 AM Post #591 of 897
Mhdt Audio Toucan.
IMG_20220105_182715.jpg

Jan 6, 2022 at 9:34 PM Post #594 of 897
Evening fellas, just dropping in to share how much I'm enjoying a new acquisition - the Pagoda Balanced DAC! I've owned a few MHDT units in my day, but haven't been heard one that fits my system as well as this guy before. Running it from a MBP to a Rogue Audio Rh-5 via XLR and then through my Grado PS2000e's. Just sounds so... right! Even in headphone listening exclusively, there's a wonderful sense of placement, width, and an excellent balanced between detail & smoothness. Logging some serious hours at the listening station this evening!

Jan 6, 2022 at 10:19 PM Post #595 of 897
Evening fellas, just dropping in to share how much I'm enjoying a new acquisition - the Pagoda Balanced DAC! I've owned a few MHDT units in my day, but haven't been heard one that fits my system as well as this guy before. Running it from a MBP to a Rogue Audio Rh-5 via XLR and then through my Grado PS2000e's. Just sounds so... right! Even in headphone listening exclusively, there's a wonderful sense of placement, width, and an excellent balanced between detail & smoothness. Logging some serious hours at the listening station this evening!

Congrats on the Pagoda! Great setup you have there :beerchug:

Jan 6, 2022 at 10:33 PM Post #596 of 897
I'm looking at buying a pre- built Bottlehead S.E.X. and was wondering if anyone could give me an idea on how maybe this would pair with my Istanbul?

Bottlehead S.E.X.

Jan 7, 2022 at 3:11 PM Post #598 of 897
For those interested, my Orchid is for sale. Am at the moment focused on my vinyl setup and my cabling, and will do with a cheaper DAC for the coming months. For those asking, my opinion has not changed. This is an incredible DAC for the price.

Tremendous respect for your vinyl pursuits....your Orchid sale brings me to tears

Jan 7, 2022 at 3:17 PM Post #599 of 897

Joe, sounds like you've built a great system. I didn't realize that you're a RH-5 owner. Come on over to the RH-5 thread when you get a chance. Love to have your company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back