MFi Lightning to Micro USB cable?
Aug 14, 2018 at 6:15 PM Post #19 of 27
Supposedly this one works with the latest iOS revision too: http://www.meenova.com/st/p/lgtnmuc.html
Haven't tried it yet so cant confirm.

I just bought one in each length to try with my Fiio Q1 Mark II. I’ll report back when they get here...

EDIT: So, these came. They work... sort of. Audio is fine. No issue there, but the phone tries to charge the Q1. It must not be fully MFi compatible.

Now, that said, if I start with a fully charged Q1 and a fully charged iPhone X it seems to drain both at a normal rate, but the cable connector on the Lightning side gets warm like it’s sending current through.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2018 at 11:16 AM Post #20 of 27
Update: Received my Cozoy cable. Everything works perfect and is the perfect length to what I was wanting. I have the Fiio E17k so I do have the ability to turn charge mode on or off but regardless, I haven't received any error messages. Everything works like it should.

As far as quality goes, this is a really nice cable. Well built and feels strong. Connections are tight with no wiggle. Highly recommend if you are looking for this length.

Sep 26, 2018 at 3:44 PM Post #21 of 27
Update: Received my Cozoy cable. Everything works perfect and is the perfect length to what I was wanting. I have the Fiio E17k so I do have the ability to turn charge mode on or off but regardless, I haven't received any error messages. Everything works like it should.

As far as quality goes, this is a really nice cable. Well built and feels strong. Connections are tight with no wiggle. Highly recommend if you are looking for this length.
Quick question for you. I purchased this cable and it doesn't work for me... I'm wondering if I selected the wrong option. I selected the default "Micro USB to Lightning" option. When you bought yours did you select the other "CZY Micro USB to Lightning" option that added $10.90 to the price?

EDIT: Well after further inspection of the description it looks like goes into detail right there saying the CZY version is updated to support the newer iPhones and iOS updates. That's what I get for not reading I guess! Hopefully they'll accept my return for the other cable I received that is worthless to me.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2018 at 1:52 AM Post #22 of 27
I have also been looking for a micro-USB to Lightning cable for my Ultrasone Naos DAC and iPhone 6 (running iOS 12).
The best option I have found so far is this 1M long AMV-LTG cable from Shure:
https://www.shure.co.uk/products/accessories/microphones-accessories/amv-ltg
It has nice tight-fitting plugs and works without any problems. The only issue is that the cable is rather stiff and is not really as flexible as I would like for a headphone lead.
To be fair, the cable is actually designed for use with Shure’s MOTIV range of microphones...

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2020 at 6:46 AM Post #23 of 27
Unearthing this thread once again. I've manged to misplace my L19 lightning to micro usb cable and now looking for an in inexpensive alternative. I know some alternatives have been suggested, but they are almost what I paid for my Q1 MkII. I know folks have been using Apple Camera Connection Kits (aka CCK) as stopgap measures, and I was wondering if anyone tried Apple lightning to either a) micro usb, b) usb c adapters

BTW, how does one resize images?

[/IMG]

EDIT: Ok, got one enroute, will test and report

Last edited:
May 6, 2020 at 9:13 PM Post #24 of 27
Caution - Many of the off brands won't work with some/certain Amp/DAC combos because of the MiFI certifications, trust me I've tried a lot of cables out there.

If your using a FiiO Q5, the Shure Lightning to Micro USB cable for Shure's DAC/AMP works fine.
BUT... that same cable on the Q5s does NOT work. (Blame the MiFi certification) Replug that EXACT same cable into the Q5 again and it works....FRUSTRATING

Apart from the stock FiiO cable that works on both the Q5 and Q5s, the ONLY other cable (and trust me I've tried a whole bunch from all different sources) that work EVERY time on both the Q5/Q5s are the DD Audio MFi05 line of cables.
The cables are thicker and more robust than the FiiO stock cables that came with the Q5/Q5s.
They have a nice silver woven cloth covering protecting the cable, and are offered in 2 shorter 6cm lengths (Straight plugs and the other with 90' plugs) and 1 in a 50CM length with 90' plugs.
Amazon in the US only carries the shorter 6cm with 90' plugs. But the same vendor on Amazon US via Amazon will ship from China the 6cm straight plug and the 50cm longer cable
How do I know? Over time I have ordered all 3.
Initially ordered the shorter 6cm 90' plug in stock at Amazon US. Got it, and on the Q5s it works but its a little short as the cable is meant to be used for stacking not side by side.
Then ordered and accepted the 3 week shipping but still via Amazon US the longer 50cm cable with 90' plugs. When I received it in and plugged it in and it works fine also....but because the cable is longer, the strain reliefs on the cable are larger, and on the Q5s specifically with the AM3D THX amp, the 90' bend places the cable right against the larger barrels of the 4.4mm Balanced terminations on most cables. I didn't like the way it was bending the cable as well as placing pressure on the headphone connector. IF you are using the stock AM3E amp you will not have this problem, but if you are using the 2.5mm balanced jack depending on how large your 2.5mm barrel is you might.
Finally ordered the 6cm Straight plug cable, and use a short 4 inch Micro USB extender cable and now I have the length I want and a cable that works with the Q5s/AM3D combo that is not pressing against the 4.4mm connector. Since your only sending 0's and 1's digitally and not an actual audio signal you should be OK with the extra connection joint.
If your comfortable ordering from AliExpress, DD Audio has their store there and promises faster shipping, I just chose to do it through Amazon for personal reasons.

Now for the final bad news. This cable may not work with other DAC's as it is specifically for the FiiO line of products.
I tried with one friends Chord Mojo, and sometimes it works, sometimes I have to plug/unplug/replug and it starts to work.
With another friends iFi xDSD no joy. Cannot get it to work.
so be careful as YMMV.

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to share the pain I went through hoping it will help another person.

Jun 11, 2020 at 6:53 PM Post #25 of 27
Caution - Many of the off brands won't work with some/certain Amp/DAC combos because of the MiFI certifications, trust me I've tried a lot of cables out there.

If your using a FiiO Q5, the Shure Lightning to Micro USB cable for Shure's DAC/AMP
works fine.
BUT... that same cable on the Q5s does NOT work. (Blame the MiFi certification) Replug that EXACT same cable into the Q5 again and it works....FRUSTRATING

Apart from the stock FiiO cable that works on both the Q5 and Q5s, the ONLY other cable (and trust me I've tried a whole bunch from all different sources) that work EVERY time on both the Q5/Q5s are the DD Audio MFi05 line of cables.
The cables are thicker and more robust than the FiiO stock cables that came with the Q5/Q5s.
They have a nice silver woven cloth covering protecting the cable, and are offered in 2 shorter 6cm lengths (Straight plugs and the other with 90' plugs) and 1 in a 50CM length with 90' plugs.
Amazon in the US only carries the shorter 6cm with 90' plugs. But the same vendor on Amazon US via Amazon will ship from China the 6cm straight plug and the 50cm longer cable
How do I know? Over time I have ordered all 3.
Initially ordered the shorter 6cm 90' plug in stock at Amazon US. Got it, and on the Q5s it works but its a little short as the cable is meant to be used for stacking not side by side.
Then ordered and accepted the 3 week shipping but still via Amazon US the longer 50cm cable with 90' plugs. When I received it in and plugged it in and it works fine also....but because the cable is longer, the strain reliefs on the cable are larger, and on the Q5s specifically with the AM3D THX amp, the 90' bend places the cable right against the larger barrels of the 4.4mm Balanced terminations on most cables. I didn't like the way it was bending the cable as well as placing pressure on the headphone connector. IF you are using the stock AM3E amp you will not have this problem, but if you are using the 2.5mm balanced jack depending on how large your 2.5mm barrel is you might.
Finally ordered the 6cm Straight plug cable, and use a short 4 inch Micro USB extender cable and now I have the length I want and a cable that works with the Q5s/AM3D combo that is not pressing against the 4.4mm connector. Since your only sending 0's and 1's digitally and not an actual audio signal you should be OK with the extra connection joint.
If your comfortable ordering from AliExpress, DD Audio has their store there and promises faster shipping, I just chose to do it through Amazon for personal reasons.

Now for the final bad news. This cable may not work with other DAC's as it is specifically for the FiiO line of products.
I tried with one friends Chord Mojo, and sometimes it works, sometimes I have to plug/unplug/replug and it starts to work.
With another friends iFi xDSD no joy. Cannot get it to work.
so be careful as YMMV.

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to share the pain I went through hoping it will help another person.
Thank you! I wonder if Fiio can explain why it’s proprietary mini usb To lightning and how to rectify it- or at least have a good solution or maybe just maybe sell the wire themselves to support people who made investments in fiio - hello FIIO? Are you there?

Jan 16, 2021 at 4:31 PM Post #26 of 27
Info to add onto my previous comments/info above, for those who might find this info useful...
As I and others have mentioned the Lotoo S1 Lightning to to USB-C cable works on connecting an Apple Device to both the S1 and P6K.
But I saw elsewhere in Head-Fi someone discussing a new adapter from DD-Hifi TC28i (Picture below) that is a Lightning Male to USB-C Female adapter made from machined Aluminum for the housing.
It is an OTG adapter too! (prevent draining devices by charging the other)
It allows you to use a higher quality USB-C to USB-C or USB-A 3.1 cable and connect your devices to a an Apple Lightning product
YMMV but I've been able to connect an iPad, IPad Air 2, iPhone X, and an iPhone 11 Pro to both the S1 and P6K, to several other Amp/DAC combos that have USB-C or Micro USB without issues.
So far it is THE ONLY connector I have that works across all my AMP/DAC devices, and all my Apple devices, previously one cable would work with one combo, but not another.
This will allow me to consolidate and get rid of a number of cables.
I've seen this little adapter being sold through various stores on the net, so not going to pitch one over the other but rather go get one if you have Apple devices as it will help you consolidate. Haven't had time to do any measurements, except with what is between my ears but the impressions so far is it does not add any unwanted signals/sounds and does not color the sound at all.
Bargain for the $25 I paid for it, given I've had to buy some much more expensive Lightning to USB Cables to date
Just wanted to pass this on to those on this forum!

Last edited:
May 4, 2021 at 12:02 AM Post #27 of 27
Info to add onto my previous comments/info above, for those who might find this info useful...
As I and others have mentioned the Lotoo S1 Lightning to to USB-C cable works on connecting an Apple Device to both the S1 and P6K.
But I saw elsewhere in Head-Fi someone discussing a new adapter from DD-Hifi TC28i (Picture below) that is a Lightning Male to USB-C Female adapter made from machined Aluminum for the housing.
It is an OTG adapter too! (prevent draining devices by charging the other)
It allows you to use a higher quality USB-C to USB-C or USB-A 3.1 cable and connect your devices to a an Apple Lightning product
YMMV but I've been able to connect an iPad, IPad Air 2, iPhone X, and an iPhone 11 Pro to both the S1 and P6K, to several other Amp/DAC combos that have USB-C or Micro USB without issues.
So far it is THE ONLY connector I have that works across all my AMP/DAC devices, and all my Apple devices, previously one cable would work with one combo, but not another.
This will allow me to consolidate and get rid of a number of cables.
I've seen this little adapter being sold through various stores on the net, so not going to pitch one over the other but rather go get one if you have Apple devices as it will help you consolidate. Haven't had time to do any measurements, except with what is between my ears but the impressions so far is it does not add any unwanted signals/sounds and does not color the sound at all.
Bargain for the $25 I paid for it, given I've had to buy some much more expensive Lightning to USB Cables to date
Just wanted to pass this on to those on this forum!
Thanks for posting this. I gave my kid my old AK70 and now she wants to use it as an external dac from her iPad. I hope that this connector and an A&K otg cable will do the trick. I’ve created a monster - plugging her iems into the iPad is no longer good enough. I couldn’t be more proud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back