Meze RAI Solo -- Wire Free UPM Dynamic Driver with Metal Injection Sintered Steel Body
Nov 1, 2019 at 4:46 PM Post #46 of 267
Appreciate the kind words, man. That means a lot to me. :blush:

I work fast as Justin said Andrew has a pair headed his way already:wink: So much to be said for great service:thumbsup:

Nov 1, 2019 at 5:02 PM Post #47 of 267
I work fast as Justin said Andrew has a pair headed his way already:wink: So much to be said for great service:thumbsup:
Yes I do, thanks Andrew! Been waiting for these since Meze announced them almost a year ago.

Nov 1, 2019 at 5:11 PM Post #48 of 267
Yes I do, thanks Andrew! Been waiting for these since Meze announced them almost a year ago.

Awesome, man! Shipping them out via free 2-day shortly. :beerchug:

Bloom Audio Headphones and Personal Audio with Pitch Perfect Service. Stay updated on Bloom Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/BloomAudioStore https://twitter.com/BloomAudioStore https://www.instagram.com/BloomAudioStore https://bloomaudio.com hello@bloomaudio.com
Nov 3, 2019 at 4:41 AM Post #50 of 267
Does anyone have these and Fiio FH7 for a comparison?

Heard both at the Headphone festival in Tokyo today. The Meeze is absolutely stunning in terms of build quality and fit (must see and try!) and also sounds really good, but the Fiio sounds better imo. It has better dynamics and is also more detailed in the treble. It is almost double of the price though!

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2019 at 8:41 AM Post #51 of 267
I do wonder how it will feel with a piece of stainless steel IEMS in your ears.

Would be more interesting to read comparisons between IEM's in a similar price range like the Fiio FH5 or iBasso IT01s.

Nov 3, 2019 at 9:19 AM Post #52 of 267

Would be more interesting to read comparisons between IEM's in a similar price range like the Fiio FH5 or iBasso IT01s.

Both are bass heavier than the Meze! Meze is more balanced.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2019 at 2:21 PM Post #53 of 267
Mine should be here tomorrow, the N5005 are my current go to. Also have the LZA4. Would be a pretty even comparison to the Kanas Pro but that will be shipped out tomorrow to a buyer but I'll def give it a listen again tonight since its been a while and try to go off what I remember from that.

Nov 3, 2019 at 7:40 PM Post #54 of 267

Can’t comment on the sound or fout of these (they look gorgeous though), but the two Campfire Audio IEMs I own are both stainless. No problems with feel or weight for me.

Nov 3, 2019 at 8:17 PM Post #55 of 267
Mine should be here tomorrow, the N5005 are my current go to. Also have the LZA4. Would be a pretty even comparison to the Kanas Pro but that will be shipped out tomorrow to a buyer but I'll def give it a listen again tonight since its been a while and try to go off what I remember from that.

Compared directly to my own Kanas Pro, which I brought to the show. The Meze sounded more even in the frequency range. Highs slightly more extended, mids more pronounced. The Kanas Pro has more subbass but lower midrange slightly more recessed. I wasn`t sure which I liked better. Kanas sounded slightly more exiting to me (better dynamics), but I prefered the Meze`s more extended treble. Both are really nice DDs for sure. But, again, the Meze built is absolutely outstanding!

Nov 3, 2019 at 10:36 PM Post #56 of 267
Compared directly to my own Kanas Pro, which I brought to the show. The Meze sounded more even in the frequency range. Highs slightly more extended, mids more pronounced. The Kanas Pro has more subbass but lower midrange slightly more recessed. I wasn`t sure which I liked better. Kanas sounded slightly more exiting to me (better dynamics), but I prefered the Meze`s more extended treble. Both are really nice DDs for sure. But, again, the Meze built is absolutely outstanding!
Listening to the KP right now with Acoustune 07A tips, forgot how good these are but more forward mids would def be appreciated. Excited for the Solo tomorrow

Nov 4, 2019 at 1:37 PM Post #57 of 267
Checking out the Solo's now. This is going to be a little tough as all my recent listening has been on the Penta's so I've been spoiled rotten. These are beautiful looking IEM's for sure, and feel so solid but very very comfortable in ear. I love the red and blue notifiers for channel side. I usually use one blue and one red comply foam tip to signify this on some IEM's so this is great to have it built in already. Small but great little perk.

Nov 4, 2019 at 1:45 PM Post #58 of 267
Checking out the Solo's now. This is going to be a little tough as all my recent listening has been on the Penta's so I've been spoiled rotten. These are beautiful looking IEM's for sure, and feel so solid but very very comfortable in ear. I love the red and blue notifiers for channel side. I usually use one blue and one red comply foam tip to signify this on some IEM's so this is great to have it built in already. Small but great little perk.

Initial impressions?

Nov 4, 2019 at 5:44 PM Post #59 of 267
Just got my pkg in from Bloom...yes the Kit Kat included!
20191104_144338.jpg

Nov 4, 2019 at 6:53 PM Post #60 of 267
Initial impressions?

These are nice litltle IEM's. Bass is present but controlled. It's a pretty balanced IEM I'd say. The Penta's are more organic and a bit more lush, for lack of a better word. It's really hard for my non professional ears to really figure the Solo's out as for the last month the only IEM in my ears have been the Penta's, which are on a totally different level sq wise obviously for the price; but these hold their own for less than a quarter of the price. I will be happy with these when I don't want to take the Penta's with me due to worry about them being lost or taken. I don't like the memory wire on these though, too stiff. The 'memory' wire part on the Penta is much better, and the suppleness on my dunu 3001 pro's is the best I've tried. Also I think these may isolate a bit more than the Penta's. I took these on a walk down some busy city streets and it was perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back