Meze RAI Solo -- Wire Free UPM Dynamic Driver with Metal Injection Sintered Steel Body
Mar 4, 2022 at 5:09 PM Post #256 of 267
I've had both of them for about a year now. The Penta's are quite a step above the Solo, but that's to be expected with the price difference. Penta's are just much clearer overall. I think the Solo is warmer for sure, but the Penta's still have some bass...it's just more precise, not as boomy. If I'm out and about I take the Solo's...if I want to relax and listen seriously, but still want to be portable, I'll take out the Penta's. This may be a controversial statement, but I mean this in the most general of terms...the Penta's are like the Empyrean, and the Solo's are like the 99 Classics.
Hello,
Thanks for the feeling...
One day maybe I'll try a high-end IEM...
For the moment, I take advantage of the Solos for the pleasure they give me!

Mar 6, 2022 at 8:52 AM Post #258 of 267
not all that taken with these, sadly - moving them on in hopes of finding a similarly-priced IEM I gel with more.
It would be interesting to know where the Solo miss with you and the IEMs or head phones you reach for instead.

Apr 8, 2022 at 7:41 AM Post #261 of 267
If you are interested in the forthcoming Meze Advar, drop by and leave your trace in the new official thread.

11739053.jpg

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
May 13, 2022 at 9:31 AM Post #262 of 267
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
May 13, 2022 at 9:38 AM Post #263 of 267
Meze_Audio_Advar_lifestyle.jpg

The Meze Advar IEM tour is onlined.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/meze-audio-iem-tour-single-dynamic-driver-advar.963351/

Sign up the tour and find out more about the Advar in person, we are looking forward to your contribution. :beerchug:
Dang Andy, some of the best advertisement photo's I've seen in a while. Heck I want a pair just from viewing last two Photo's, never could afford the Penta's but got lucky on the $150 Solo deal I got and a steal for $150 so I can only imagine how nice both these upper models sound, good stuff :thumbsup:

May 13, 2022 at 1:18 PM Post #264 of 267
Dang Andy, some of the best advertisement photo's I've seen in a while. Heck I want a pair just from viewing last two Photo's, never could afford the Penta's but got lucky on the $150 Solo deal I got and a steal for $150 so I can only imagine how nice both these upper models sound, good stuff :thumbsup:
I believe I purchased my Solo's for $150 as well. It was a year or so ago. The wife is actually using them now, as I was mostly use the Penta's after I bought them.
Worth every penny of the $150. Enjoy!

May 13, 2022 at 1:23 PM Post #265 of 267
I believe I purchased my Solo's for $150 as well. It was a year or so ago. The wife is actually using them now, as I was mostly use the Penta's after I bought them.
Worth every penny of the $150. Enjoy!
Thanks and I do really enjoy them :beerchug:

SoloBlu.JPG

Jan 18, 2023 at 1:10 PM Post #266 of 267
Just added the Penta Solo to my collection along with the Advar I'm loving my Meze iems both work really well with SednaEarfit Crystal Standard tips I get perfect seal and superb sonics. Swapped out the Solos cable for a dunu with interchangeable connectors

Mar 13, 2023 at 10:39 PM Post #267 of 267
Put up a pair of these in excellent condition for sale at a nice price!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back