Meze RAI Solo -- Wire Free UPM Dynamic Driver with Metal Injection Sintered Steel Body
Nov 17, 2019 at 9:54 PM Post #76 of 267
One more thing...
I had a similar experience with RAI Penta. Although RAI Penta did not make any track intolerable, the sound changed drastically after 100 hours of burn in. So maybe this is one of the traits of Meze IEMs.
Anyway, I love their IEMs. The price point is really good for their performance. Kudos to Meze!!

Nov 19, 2019 at 8:44 PM Post #77 of 267
yes burning in these Solo's is paying off dividends. I have been burning them in without listening to them to get as little brain burn in as possible. But that treble peak is being smoothed out very nicely and the bass is coming out to play more. very happy with this purchase now.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2019 at 11:30 PM Post #78 of 267
These little IEM's are really shining now. I can't believe how much burn in changed them. I've heard burn in change dynamics before but never like this. I was literally doubting every dollar of my purchase due to this treble peak and thin sound and now that treble peak is gone and these are fun, natural, beautiful IEM's. Now I'm tapping my foot with the music when I walk my dog with them. Amazing.

Nov 21, 2019 at 4:55 PM Post #79 of 267
These little IEM's are really shining now. I can't believe how much burn in changed them. I've heard burn in change dynamics before but never like this. I was literally doubting every dollar of my purchase due to this treble peak and thin sound and now that treble peak is gone and these are fun, natural, beautiful IEM's. Now I'm tapping my foot with the music when I walk my dog with them. Amazing.

How long did you burn them in for before the treble peak disappeared? Got my pair earlier this week and man the Treble is murdering my ears on some songs. Very much doubting the purchase at the moment haha.

Nov 21, 2019 at 5:57 PM Post #80 of 267
How long did you burn them in for before the treble peak disappeared? Got my pair earlier this week and man the Treble is murdering my ears on some songs. Very much doubting the purchase at the moment haha.

Around 30 hours I think

Nov 21, 2019 at 8:19 PM Post #81 of 267
I'm usually treble sensitive but I never noticed a peak OOTB...at least nothing that really bother me. Listened for about 30 min to an hour then threw on the burner for about 48hrs. I have probably near 60 hours only on them. I love the sound though, its full and natural to my ears.

Nov 21, 2019 at 8:30 PM Post #82 of 267
I'm usually treble sensitive but I never noticed a peak OOTB...at least nothing that really bother me. Listened for about 30 min to an hour then threw on the burner for about 48hrs. I have probably near 60 hours only on them. I love the sound though, its full and natural to my ears.

Yeah it's not all the time for me, but I definitely notice it on certain songs, mostly female vocals.

Nov 21, 2019 at 11:22 PM Post #83 of 267
Yeah it's not all the time for me, but I definitely notice it on certain songs, mostly female vocals.
In my case, it was violins. Glare and harsh right out of the box. After 120+ hours burned in, it sounds like a different IEM. So, be patient and you will be surprised.

Nov 22, 2019 at 1:33 PM Post #84 of 267
Question for the group. I don't post much, so forgive me if this isn't the right place. I've been waiting for the Rai Solo since it was first rumored. I daily drive the 99 Classics and really dig them. I listen mainly to metal (mostly raw black metal and death metal, but a little of everything depending on the day). Not really a bass head, but I do appreciate a good kick drum blast. Not really an audiophile, but I do like good sound (in other words I'm not afraid of an EQ). So that considered, are the Solos a good choice? I've no opportunity to hear them before buying. Most likely be driving them straight from my phone. Thanks.

Nov 22, 2019 at 2:10 PM Post #85 of 267
Question for the group. I don't post much, so forgive me if this isn't the right place. I've been waiting for the Rai Solo since it was first rumored. I daily drive the 99 Classics and really dig them. I listen mainly to metal (mostly raw black metal and death metal, but a little of everything depending on the day). Not really a bass head, but I do appreciate a good kick drum blast. Not really an audiophile, but I do like good sound (in other words I'm not afraid of an EQ). So that considered, are the Solos a good choice? I've no opportunity to hear them before buying. Most likely be driving them straight from my phone. Thanks.
Yes. I have Solos and 99C. Give them some burn in, tip roll and may have to change the cable depending on if the memory wire is an issue. They have worked with every genre I have thrown at them.

Nov 22, 2019 at 6:51 PM Post #86 of 267
Has anyone compared them to the Periodic Be? That's my other contender. They're supposedly the top choice in the price range for metal, but they do lack in build material quality and detachable cables.

Nov 23, 2019 at 10:00 AM Post #88 of 267
can't decide between these, fa7 and t800, how good is isolation if i want to use them in open office ?
Isolation and fit are superb with comply foams for me, actually these are the best fitting most comfortable IEMs I own..

Also after burning in for around 40 hours the Treble has definitely calmed down and a lot smoother listen overall, gonna keep burning for at least 100 hours.

Nov 23, 2019 at 8:28 PM Post #89 of 267
Mainly listen to them with my ES100...put them through my desktop setup (iFi Nano BL DAC and JDS Atom amp) and with power the subbass comes alive. It's deep & controlled, with really good extension.

Nov 29, 2019 at 3:40 AM Post #90 of 267
Just got the Rai Solos after a long time with no IEMs and my god is the memory wire terrible :D Any suggestions for a (cheap) replacement? Also, is it normal for the MMCX connectors to swivel around its axis quite freely? Never had headphones with those before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back