Meze Liric Closed Back
Dec 7, 2021 at 2:44 AM Post #136 of 164
In our latest article on Headfonia we check out the Liric
https://www.headfonia.com/meze-audio-liric-review/

Meze_Audio_Liric  (11).jpg

Dec 21, 2021 at 4:39 PM Post #139 of 164
Just posted a Liric first impressions on my YT channel. A full review to come!

Enjoy!

Nov 24, 2023 at 9:23 PM Post #140 of 164
I heard currawong say in his review of the liric that the liric sounds similar to the meze elite. What are anyone’s thoughts on this? I never heard the liric but was very impressed with the Elite.

Nov 24, 2023 at 9:31 PM Post #141 of 164
I heard currawong say in his review of the liric that the liric sounds similar to the meze elite. What are anyone’s thoughts on this? I never heard the liric but was very impressed with the Elite.
I just listened to both on the Ferrum Stack with Wandla at Canjam. They have roots in the same sound, but the Elite is just more of everything. That being said, the biggest difference for me was in the treble. It isn't as nuanced with the Liric. The Liric is pretty agressive up top, whereas the Elite is more subtle and creates significantly more resolution and air, But I can see the comparison. They are part of a similar lineage. I personally wouldn't own either of them. I liked the Empy 2 the best of everything Meze I heard that weekend. Especially on the Ferrum stack. What a treat... They were also great on the Mass Kobo 433 with the Qutest providing the 1s and 0s. Simply incredible. I also heard the Empy 2 on the Mjolnir 3 with Yggy. Wonderful! But the Ferrum Stack with Wandla was the winner with the Empy 2. Great synergy, clean, extended, detail for days and no etch of any kind.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2023 at 9:35 PM Post #142 of 164
I just listened to both on the Ferrum Stack with Wandla at Canjam. They have roots in the same sound, but the Elite is just more of everything. That being said, the biggest difference for me was in the treble. It isn't as nuanced with the Liric. The Liric is pretty agressive up top, whereas the Elite is more subtle and creates significantly more resolution and air, But I can see the comparison. They are part of a similar lineage. I personally wouldn't own either of them. I liked the Empy 2 the best of everything Meze I heard that weekend. Especially on the Ferrum stack. What a treat... They were also great on the Mass Kobo 433 with the Qutest providing the 1s and 0s. Simply incredible. I also heard the Empy 2 on the Mjolnir 3 with Yggy. Wonderful! But the Ferrum Stack with Wandla was the winner with the Empy 2. Great synergy, clean, extended, detail for days and no etch of any kind.
Ok thanks. What about in the bass were the Elite and Lirics similar?

Nov 24, 2023 at 9:41 PM Post #143 of 164
Ok thanks. What about in the bass were the Elite and Lirics similar?
Enough. Like I said, the Elite just does everything better to my ears. They share a similar lineage in tuning, the Elite is just better. Bass has more nuance, better articulation and detail. But, the Liric sounded good. Hard to compare a $4000 open back to a $2000 closed back. They share a similar linenage, but that doesn't mean they are as good.

Nov 24, 2023 at 9:46 PM Post #144 of 164
Enough. Like I said, the Elite just does everything better to my ears. They share a similar lineage in tuning, the Elite is just better. Bass has more nuance, better articulation and detail. But, the Liric sounded good. Hard to compare a $4000 open back to a $2000 closed back. They share a similar linenage, but that doesn't mean they are as good.
I'd suggest hearing both if you are looking to buy one or the other. If you are wanting the Elite sound and a reviewer told you they sounded the same, then you should listen to them. If the Liric is your path, I wouldn't worry about how the Elite sounds and worry about the Liric only. They have their own thing going on. Some people really like it, others not as much.. I personally wouldn't buy the Liric, but I enjoyed listening to it. Certainly fit and finish are typical Meze, just not as comfortable as the Elite. Not even close. Wish I could tell you more....

Nov 25, 2023 at 3:00 AM Post #145 of 164
Their tuning is quite different, I find. Liric has more of a treble focus and mids don’t have the warmth of the Elite. Found the Liric mids a bit hard to get along with (I owned them for some months). As a result they don’t work well across as many genres as the Elite does. There’s pretty big differences in technicalities and resolution too of course.

Nov 25, 2023 at 1:17 PM Post #147 of 164
Tried a separate thread, but no joy. I have HE6SE phones, but the family doesnt like the leakage. I am wondering how the Mezes would compare as far as soundstange and musicality.
Are you wanting to compare to the Liric? Depends which HE6se you have. Is it V1 or V2? So hard to compare one of the hardest to drive open backs to a closed back that is super efficient and can be run off your phone. It is like comparing the experience of flying versus a train. I wouldn't even know where to begin.

Nov 25, 2023 at 9:41 PM Post #149 of 164
Its a V2..... Assume that the HE6SEs are appropriately driven...... thoughts?
V2 is the better of the HE6 variants, so that is good. I still can't compare them. I am not a huge fan of the Liric. I spent quite a bit of time with it at Canjam and I kept going back to the Empy 2. That is their best headphone right now. There are several other closed backs I would buy before the Liric. The Audivina at the same price, the TH900 Mk2 Pearl White or Blue. I think there is a blue for a great price in the classifieds, and then the Atrium Closed Back or the Verite Closed Back from ZMF. Probably the Verite Closed of the two. There are tons for sale. ZMF November has amazing VCs for great prices right now and there are always a ton for sale in the classifieds.

I am sorry I can't give you a comparison but I wouldn't even know where to begin. The HE6SEV2 is so different. I am not trying to be difficult, I just don't know how to compare them. I didn't love the Liric and don't feel it is worth the money.

Nov 25, 2023 at 11:47 PM Post #150 of 164
Tried a separate thread, but no joy. I have HE6SE phones, but the family doesnt like the leakage. I am wondering how the Mezes would compare as far as soundstange and musicality.
I have the HE-6se v2, but I’ve only heard the Liric briefly at CanJam Dallas, so showroom floor conditions and extremely short session, but I also don’t find the two to be similar enough and unless you want something very different from your closed back than you are getting from the HE-6se v2, I’d recommend Audeze LCD-XC immediately over Liric as they are the closest closed back I can think of with somewhat similar tonality and soundstage to the HE-6se v2.

The other that comes to mine immediately is in a different price point than Liric, and is a dynamic: Focal Stella.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back