Meze Liric Closed Back
Nov 16, 2021 at 1:19 PM Post #121 of 164
But... it's mine :scream:

Pffft, you've already got too many headphones for a man with one set of ears (I assume?!). This one is definitely mine, plus I'll take some of yours off your hands too, you know, to help you clear some more space for when your set arrives :sunglasses:
Hahahahaha... I always laugh a lot with your posts...

Nov 16, 2021 at 1:39 PM Post #123 of 164
They're coming Thursday, according to UPS. Also receiving the enigmatic Tago Studio T3-01 on this day, which I don't expect to be on the Liric level but should be interesting on their own terms....
I will wish that mine also arrive on thursday (and I think @waveSounds also wants)... "Time for saving" (I think I have written this sentence a lot in this forum... :wink: )

Nov 17, 2021 at 4:43 AM Post #124 of 164
I will wish that mine also arrive on thursday (and I think @waveSounds also wants)... "Time for saving" (I think I have written this sentence a lot in this forum... :wink: )

I really, really do. I have a fair number of headphones and iems that are bookmarked for future investigation when funds allow me to entertain the idea of a bringing new head-mate into the family. These are near the top of the headphone side of that list. At the 2000 mark it's getting up there for what I could reasonably pass with my wife at some point. Perhaps coaxed with the promise of not adding another motorbike, make the buying of a £2k headphone actually sound like a good deal? I do love their aesthetic, I think they'd make a nice black, matt counterpart for the glossy Owls; together they'll look like Darth Vader's headphone collection.

They're coming Thursday, according to UPS. Also receiving the enigmatic Tago Studio T3-01 on this day, which I don't expect to be on the Liric level but should be interesting on their own terms....

Nice! The T3-01 are long time resident from my list. Impressions are sparse so I'm looking forward to hearing yours, particularly with them in the context of the other top tier closed backs you have.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2021 at 5:35 AM Post #125 of 164
Nice! The T3-01 are long time resident from my list. Impressions are sparse so I'm looking forward to hearing yours, particularly with them in the context of the other top tier closed backs you have.

Very curious about the T3-01 myself. I've read as much as is available on them, but still I'm not quite sure what to expect. As a fan of Japanese woodies, if I may use this term, probably I'll like them; how they'll stack up against the other closed-backs remains to be seen. Will find out tomorrow....

Nov 17, 2021 at 6:43 AM Post #126 of 164
I really, really do. I have a fair number of headphones and iems that are bookmarked for future investigation when funds allow me to entertain the idea of a bringing new head-mate into the family. These are near the top of the headphone side of that list. At the 2000 mark it's getting up there for what I could reasonably pass with my wife at some point. Perhaps coaxed with the promise of not adding another motorbike, make the buying of a £2k headphone actually sound like a good deal? I do love their aesthetic, I think they'd make a nice black, matt counterpart for the glossy Owls; together they'll look like Darth Vader's headphone collection.

Fortunately, taxes in Canary Islands are 7 % (instead of 21 % for the rest of Spain) and, for example, if the package is not stopped by Customs I don't have to pay taxes (like happened to me with the Denon 9200s that were just 1088 €). So, I have to pay 1768 € for the Liric (7 % taxes included) + shipping (if is not free in the shop where I buy).

I limit my "maximum to spend" in headphones in 1500 €, so it's a little above my limit... So, I will wait for Nostoi and Malevolent comparisons (I'm very interested in Rögnir, Z1R and AH-D9200s comparisons) to take a decision.

Nov 17, 2021 at 12:04 PM Post #127 of 164
From what I gather, my sense is that the mids on the Liric will be slightly more linear than the VC and possibly more in keeping with the Rognir, which would certainly not be a bad thing as far as I'm concerned. The Empyrean was a little too warm for me, so I'm hoping the Liric might strike a nice (portable) between the VC and the Rognir. Look forward to comparing.
Yeah, I recall you talking about overly lush/thick mids in the past. The Vérité Closed stands at the edge in that sense - it retains its full-bodied tone through its midrange, but it eschews any excessive bloat or mush. Just about right, IMO.

I'm looking forward to your 3-way comparison between the LIRIC, the Vérité Closed, and the Rögnir! :)

Pffft, you've already got too many headphones for a man with one set of ears (I assume?!). This one is definitely mine, plus I'll take some of yours off your hands too, you know, to help you clear some more space for when your set arrives :sunglasses:
I have the space for the headphones.. I think. I just don't have any for the boxes!

Many-Costs-Too-Much-Stuff.jpg

Maybe it's time to do some spring cleaning. With the boxes, I mean, not the headphones! :joy:

Nov 17, 2021 at 12:38 PM Post #128 of 164
  1. First of all, we’ve secured the ear pads to the ear cup, in order to achieve a faultless alignment of the vents. Thus proper airflow around the driver is ensured and pressure on the membrane is reduced.
  2. Nevertheless, the ear pads are replaceable. If someone wants to replace them, several options will be provided, and one of the options (may) be a replacement kit for users who want to do it themselves (with a video explaining the procedure). We'll treat each case individually, depending on the customers’ needs and possibilities

Response has been issued!

Nov 18, 2021 at 8:46 PM Post #129 of 164
For those of you who have gotten your hands on the Liric, what are you powering these with? How much power in general do they need? Would a DAP suffice or is a beefier amp needed?
So far I'm plenty happy with the DX300 with AMP12 module (High Gain setting) powering the Liric connected via the 99 series silver upgrade cable with balanced 4.4mm jack.

Nov 19, 2021 at 3:00 PM Post #131 of 164
How much of a upgrade would the liric be compared to the Dan Clark Aeon noir 2?
I have both of these on my desk.

To me the noire is very neutral in comparison to the Liric. The Liric is more dynamic with more punch.

The noire is easy to listen to for hours but I'm finding that I need to take a break from the Liric every hour as it can just be a bit too much of everything for my tastes.

Comfort wise they are on par however the ear cups on the noire are much larger; putting on the Liric make me feel like I'm putting in some Bose qc25's. Isolation on the Liric is a step up on what the provides also.

Noire is something I would be comfortable with leaving the house but not the Liric (size of case + cost).

Just working throigh to see if they both have a place for me or if one gets sold, if one does it will likely be the Liric.

Nov 20, 2021 at 10:30 AM Post #132 of 164
I have both of these on my desk.

To me the noire is very neutral in comparison to the Liric. The Liric is more dynamic with more punch.

The noire is easy to listen to for hours but I'm finding that I need to take a break from the Liric every hour as it can just be a bit too much of everything for my tastes.

Comfort wise they are on par however the ear cups on the noire are much larger; putting on the Liric make me feel like I'm putting in some Bose qc25's. Isolation on the Liric is a step up on what the provides also.

Noire is something I would be comfortable with leaving the house but not the Liric (size of case + cost).

Just working throigh to see if they both have a place for me or if one gets sold, if one does it will likely be the Liric.
Damn.. forgot about the portability again. That was the main reason the noir is actually that high on my wish list.

😬

Nov 29, 2021 at 9:01 PM Post #135 of 164
This is from a few years ago, but Antonio talks a bit about his background and some intentions in regards to headphones/iem's & his company. Was rewatching some stuff trying to figure out exactly how his last name is pronounced, and chanced upon this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back