Meze Liric Closed Back
Mar 2, 2024 at 3:00 PM Post #151 of 164
Interesting to see the LIRIC 2 teased in the CanJam NYC video. I'm curious if it is a new diaphragm with upgraded detail etc. or just a tuning change and new cosmetics. They certainly look awesome, I really dig the wood look.

Screenshot 2024-03-02 at 11.58.52 AM.jpeg

Screenshot 2024-03-02 at 11.58.38 AM.jpeg
Screenshot 2024-03-02 at 11.58.20 AM.jpeg

Mar 2, 2024 at 3:56 PM Post #152 of 164
Interesting to see the LIRIC 2 teased in the CanJam NYC video. I'm curious if it is a new diaphragm with upgraded detail etc. or just a tuning change and new cosmetics. They certainly look awesome, I really dig the wood look.

Screenshot 2024-03-02 at 11.58.52 AM.jpeg

Screenshot 2024-03-02 at 11.58.38 AM.jpegScreenshot 2024-03-02 at 11.58.20 AM.jpeg

Looks handsome! Even tho I prefer the stealthy leather look of the previous version...

The Lirics really were one of my favourite closed backs that I've tested. Especially the comfort...

I would kill for a wireless Liric... Hopefully Meze jumps on that train at some point now that Bluetooth is getting good.

Mar 4, 2024 at 3:12 AM Post #153 of 164
Looks handsome! Even tho I prefer the stealthy leather look of the previous version...

The Lirics really were one of my favourite closed backs that I've tested. Especially the comfort...

I would kill for a wireless Liric... Hopefully Meze jumps on that train at some point now that Bluetooth is getting good.
No. BT is not that good yet. The sound of BT is still behind wired for quite a margin. I hope the liric ii will be similar design to 109pro. Unfortunate to see the same design. I bet the price will be similar to first liric at launch, us 2000. My guess it will be easier to drive, warmer and cleaner than 1st gen, still not as good as E3.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2024 at 4:17 AM Post #154 of 164
No. BT is not that good yet. The sound of BT is still behind wired for quite a margin. I hope the liric ii will be similar design to 109pro. Unfortunate to see the same design. I bet the price will be similar to first liric at launch, us 2000. My guess it will be easier to drive, warmer and cleaner than 1st gen, still not as good as E3.

I disagree after hearing both the Solitaire T and Dali IO-12s. And they're not even using the very best codec (Aptx Lossless).

Mar 4, 2024 at 11:44 AM Post #156 of 164
If you try DCA E3, the same price as liric, you will be blown away how good can a wired headphones sound. Dali and Solitaire are not even close.
I'm sure it's great, but hardly headphones that can be compared. Partly from a cost perspective, partly because they're portable and easy to drive.

Also I never said that Bluetooth cans are as good as wired, just that they're good enough.

But it would be interesting to see what an established audio company can do if they were to truly try to create a wireless open back headphone. To my knowledge there's only one wireless open back in existence, which are pretty aged in regards to today's Bluetooth tech and they were perry cheap.

Things are about to get even more exciting too!

https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/qualcomm-snapdragon-sound-7-pro-micro-power-wi-fi/

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2024 at 12:01 PM Post #157 of 164
I'm sure it's great, but hardly headphones that can be compared. Partly from a cost perspective, partly because they're portable and easy to drive.

Also I never said that Bluetooth cans are as good as wired, just that they're good enough.

But it would be interesting to see what an established audio company can do if they were to truly try to create a wireless open back headphone. To my knowledge there's only one wireless open back in existence, which are pretty aged in regards to today's Bluetooth tech and they were perry cheap.

Things are about to get even more exciting too!

https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/qualcomm-snapdragon-sound-7-pro-micro-power-wi-fi/
I don't think there is a market for wireless open back headphones. Only one I know is hifiman ananda BT. Since you already wear open back headphones, Which means you want the best sound, and of course wired headphones will give you the best sound. If you want wireless, you have to sacrifice the sound to accommodate electronic space, Which is not open back headphones intended to do.

Mar 4, 2024 at 12:12 PM Post #158 of 164
I would kill for a set of wireless planars tbh. The two full-size wireless planars in existence (Edifier Spirit S3 and Drop Panda) had pretty poor build quality. I am blown away by my PSB TWM wireless planar IEMs. This is an untapped market where Meze can get in IMO.

Mar 4, 2024 at 12:29 PM Post #159 of 164
I don't think there is a market for wireless open back headphones. Only one I know is hifiman ananda BT. Since you already wear open back headphones, Which means you want the best sound, and of course wired headphones will give you the best sound. If you want wireless, you have to sacrifice the sound to accommodate electronic space, Which is not open back headphones intended to do.

Well, the solution is exactly what Hifiman did with their other pair of wireless open backs, it was sort of an adapter that attached itself on the bottom of the right (or left) earpad. Then it doesn't intervene with the acoustics of the headphone, and since its an open back the adapter would be fine since I'd only be wearing them inside my home.

The solution is quite interesting, since it could offer the headphone maker additional revenue once the battery inevitably gets worse over time. They could also sell future upgrades with improved internals.

Attachments

• HifiMan_Deva_BT_1-4184581386.jpg
    HifiMan_Deva_BT_1-4184581386.jpg
    432.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 4, 2024 at 12:33 PM Post #160 of 164
Well, the solution is exactly what Hifiman did with their other pair of wireless open backs, it was sort of an adapter that attached itself on the bottom of the right (or left) earpad. Then it doesn't intervene with the acoustics of the headphone, and since its an open back the adapter would be fine since I'd only be wearing them inside my home.

The solution is quite interesting, since it could offer the headphone maker additional revenue once the battery inevitably gets worse over time. They could also sell future upgrades with improved internals.
You see, these are all low end hifiman open back models. For high end, like arya, he1000, you will never see wireless models.

Mar 4, 2024 at 12:39 PM Post #162 of 164
Yes for now, we'll see in the future, hopefully a few OEMs will take the plunge once technologies like Qualcomms XPAN Wi-Fi become more commonplace.
No. It's not gonna happen. As you go high end, sound is the top priority. You just can't afford electronics to downgrade sound quality. Focal Utopia, Audeze LCD 5, all the same. Only lower models offers wireless options like focal bathys, Audeze maxwell, etc, and all of these are closed back.

Mar 4, 2024 at 1:05 PM Post #163 of 164
No. It's not gonna happen. As you go high end, sound is the top priority. You just can't afford electronics to downgrade sound quality. Focal Utopia, Audeze LCD 5, all the same. Only lower models offers wireless options like focal bathys, Audeze maxwell, etc, and all of these are closed back.

It will happen eventually, the question is when, but obviously they'll still make traditional wired headphones. Don't think many people could foretell that we'd pay over 1k for wireless headphones in this day and age 5-10 years ago.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back