Meze Liric Closed Back
Nov 14, 2021 at 6:37 AM Post #16 of 164
£1,850..that's 2 months salary to me, and it is one of the goddam ugliest headphones I have ever seen. Why do these small, high end headphone companies insist on making ugly elongated oval shaped headphones that look cheap (at least from the pictures) and poor build quality. What is it with HifiMan, MrSpeakers and Meze that they insit on making their headphones look like this, when they could so easily make their headphones to look like a true work of art such as the Sony R10, Sennheiser HD800, Denon AH-D5000/7000 and Fostex TH900? why oh why do they have to be so ugly?! it puzzles my mind.

I think they look good. So there.

Nov 14, 2021 at 6:45 AM Post #19 of 164
How many circular ears have you seen?
Yeah okay. I just don't like the look of them, when I see headphones with this type of design, I think of guitar plectrums. They are shaped like guitar plectrums. Not my idea what what a headphone should look like. I can't take them seriously.

Nov 14, 2021 at 6:52 AM Post #20 of 164
The design is understated, the price is refreshing, the sound is...

I am hopeful this will be an attractive package with great comfort.

Meze products don't sound the way I need, so I shall pass.

Nov 14, 2021 at 6:54 AM Post #21 of 164
Yeah okay. I just don't like the look of them, when I see headphones with this type of design, I think of guitar plectrums. They are shaped like guitar plectrums. Not my idea what what a headphone should look like. I can't take them seriously.
I think that of circular designs.. I dread them because the fit is often bad, simply because ears are not round but elongated. But to each his own .. :)

Nov 14, 2021 at 6:54 AM Post #22 of 164
£1,850..that's 2 months salary to me, and it is one of the goddam ugliest headphones I have ever seen. Why do these small, high end headphone companies insist on making ugly elongated oval shaped headphones that look cheap (at least from the pictures) and poor build quality. What is it with HifiMan, MrSpeakers and Meze that they insit on making their headphones look like this, when they could so easily make their headphones to look like a true work of art such as the Sony R10, Sennheiser HD800, Denon AH-D5000/7000 and Fostex TH900? why oh why do they have to be so ugly?! it puzzles my mind.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, certainly. Personally, I find all of Meze's products very well-made, and range from "good" to "absolutely fantastic" in the looks department. The copper-clad Empyrean is, in fact, one of my all-time favorite headphones, in terms of sound and aesthetics.

I am sorry to hear that you find them hideous, but I can assure you, its design has its fans. I'm certainly not the only one who finds the Empyrean beautiful. :)

Nov 14, 2021 at 6:58 AM Post #23 of 164
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, certainly. Personally, I find all of Meze's products very well-made, and range from "good" to "absolutely fantastic" in the looks department. The copper-clad Empyrean is, in fact, one of my all-time favorite headphones, in terms of sound and aesthetics.

I am sorry to hear that you find them hideous, but I can assure you, its design has its fans. I'm certainly not the only one who finds the Empyrean beautiful. :)
Sure thing :thumbsup:
Maybe I would change my mind if I ever get to physically see one. Pictures don't always do justice to things.

Nov 14, 2021 at 7:27 AM Post #24 of 164
Ear shaped.

Nov 14, 2021 at 7:50 AM Post #25 of 164
Lets hope it doesn't sound like the hazy, low mid bloated " Meze 99" ......and sounds instead exaclty like a closed version of the Empy/Elite.

Now, my prediction is that the first "Liric" will sound too warm, too thick on the low end, and yet very "pleasing".
The 2nd version (the revision) will sound .........
Wait, isn't that ......just like............. ummmm.

Reader......Just remember the universal rule of retail consumer sales.

Rule of Law : "never make the 1st version perfect, always dial in flaws that need at least 2 more revisions to fleece $$$$$$$$ the obsessed who will have to buy all 3...."

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2021 at 10:42 AM Post #30 of 164
I dig their look, but I’m not too crazy about those rose gold accents.

On closer inspection, it may be cooper, which would be much better IMHO.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back