Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone
Mar 18, 2021 at 9:07 AM Post #9,016 of 12,974
Cool:) What do You mean by scaling? Soundstage and details? What about timbre? Any harshness of treble or less coloured sound?
Yes, especially Details. The improvement in detail retrieval is bigger than expected.

Absolutely no harshness in the treble, music flows magically. I wouldn't say that it's more treble focused but there is more now that Catches your attention, which makes it seem a little less warm.
However these are initial impressions, only naturally that the brain focuses on differences.

Empyrean always had great timbre, now I'd consider it perfect.

Also owning a Solitaire P, I knew that other summit fi headphones beat it in detail retrieval and technicalities. However a cable like this makes a huge difference, will do some further comparisons between them in the upcoming days/weeks

And in a few weeks I can also compare to the Solitaire P with the same cable, adapters are already on order.

Mar 18, 2021 at 9:29 AM Post #9,017 of 12,974
Yes, especially Details. The improvement in detail retrieval is bigger than expected.

Absolutely no harshness in the treble, music flows magically. I wouldn't say that it's more treble focused but there is more now that Catches your attention, which makes it seem a little less warm.
However these are initial impressions, only naturally that the brain focuses on differences.

Empyrean always had great timbre, now I'd consider it perfect.

Also owning a Solitaire P, I knew that other summit fi headphones beat it in detail retrieval and technicalities. However a cable like this makes a huge difference, will do some further comparisons between them in the upcoming days/weeks

And in a few weeks I can also compare to the Solitaire P with the same cable, adapters are already on order.
Thanks, that would be very interesting:)

Mar 18, 2021 at 10:44 AM Post #9,019 of 12,974
Did you ever try out the Vykari?
No I upgraded my Vykari order to Silvergarde S4 8-wire.
At first I wanted the Vykari which probably is muxh better in terms of price/Performance but then I reconsidered and went for the cost no object solution.

Mar 18, 2021 at 12:07 PM Post #9,022 of 12,974
My Silvergarde S4 8-wire arrived today.

Oh boy does the Empyrean scale well with a summit fi cable. Such a pleasure to listen to
I'm not surprised. The Empy is indeed a Summit-Fi headphone and deserves the best accessories. In fact, this thread should be in Summit-Fi sub forum.

Mar 18, 2021 at 2:46 PM Post #9,023 of 12,974
90B86EBC-69EE-451A-A201-3B512292E6B8.jpeg

Mar 18, 2021 at 4:04 PM Post #9,025 of 12,974
They are beautiful but I prefer the total black version that is exclusive for the German market.
Yes, me too!

IMG_1148.jpg

Mar 18, 2021 at 4:08 PM Post #9,026 of 12,974
Yes, me too!

@Louisiana --

as much as i like my black Empyreans with only the two round rods for height adjustment in copper color, i like your all-black version more.

however, not being in Germany or Europe, it makes better sense for me to buy a locally sourced pair from an authorized dealer so i have "dealer service" if i needed any dealer support. hopefully not, but just in case.

merely having the two rods in copper is a small accent that i can accept. i personally would not want the copper grill version. i admire the copper grill version, but for my personal use in my space, the black grill would look better, imho.

love your all-black version! i think the texture of the grill provides plenty of "relief" and interest so it's not a boring all-black pair. it is very attractive! kudos.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2021 at 8:18 PM Post #9,029 of 12,974
I thought the Jet Black/copper rod Empyreans were the best looking to my eyes, so since I figured these were going to be keepers, that's what I ended up with.

Attachments

• IMG_2810.JPG
    IMG_2810.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Mar 18, 2021 at 9:24 PM Post #9,030 of 12,974
Any suggestions for totl tube headphone amp for meze empyrean and rad 0?

Considering dna stratus, ultrasonic citadel, auris audio nirvana, ampandsound mono amps.

Any other suggestions under 6000 usd - pls let me know.

My favorite paring with the Empyrean is the Ampsandsound Kenzie Ovation using the 8 or 16 ohm outputs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back