Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone
Feb 14, 2019 at 10:07 PM Post #2,731 of 12,974
I'm using my Forza Audioworks Noir HPC MK2 balanced cable. They were originally made for my Focal Elear and Sony Z1R but I got Matt to make me a balanced to single ended adapter and 3.5mm female to mini xlr female pigtails so I can use it with the Empyreans.

TQjdVgf.jpg

Feb 14, 2019 at 10:46 PM Post #2,732 of 12,974
I'm using my Forza Audioworks Noir HPC MK2 balanced cable. They were originally made for my Focal Elear and Sony Z1R but I got Matt to make me a balanced to single ended adapter and 3.5mm female to mini xlr female pigtails so I can use it with the Empyreans.

TQjdVgf.jpg

Hands down best bang for the buck cable on the scene. Should be a sweet sound. Matt is a good dude too, as are most people in this hobby I have found.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2019 at 10:49 PM Post #2,733 of 12,974
Think I’m going to head to upscale audio here in SoCal tomorrow and demo the Primaluna Dialogue Premium HP with the Empyreans, my poor wallet...

Also have a RME Adi-2 Pro AE coming tomorrow as well

Feb 15, 2019 at 11:34 AM Post #2,734 of 12,974
These new cables are now on the Meze International Shop. I'm using them but have not compared to other over priced cables. These are great compared to the include dark sounding cable that came with the Empyreans. I got mine from ViolectricUSA (Arthur Power) located in beautiful South Jersey
  • 4 pin balanced XLR
  • Braided Furukawa SILVER PLATED PCUHD Copper
  • 4 pin mini-XLR headphone termination
  • 2.5m (8.2 ft) long
  • 0.04 mm*140 conductors in 8 wire to 4 wire continuous braid
  • UP-OCC silver plated single crystallized UP-OCC pure copper stranded
  • Each strand is silver plated
  • USA made TPE Sleeve
  • Jensen 4% silver Soldering
From the site;
This cable is manufactured using state-of-the-art Furukawa High-Purity Oxygen-Free Copper wire, plated with pure silver.

The Furukawa SILVER PLATED PCUHD Copper cable provides “a more resolute and detailed open sound” with “more cohesive and controlled” transients and “tighter and more controlled” bass. The sound is organic and lifelike in size and scope.

https://www.mezeaudio.com/collectio...-balanced-4pin-xlr-silver-pcuhd-upgrade-cable

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2019 at 11:53 AM Post #2,735 of 12,974
These new cables are now on the Meze International Shop. I'm using them but have not compared to other over priced cables. These are great compared to the include dark sounding cable that came with the Empyreans. I got mine from ViolectricUSA (Arthur Power) located in beautiful South Jersey
  • 4 pin balanced XLR
  • Braided Furukawa SILVER PLATED PCUHD Copper
  • 4 pin mini-XLR headphone termination
  • 2.5m (8.2 ft) long
  • 0.04 mm*140 conductors in 8 wire to 4 wire continuous braid
  • UP-OCC silver plated single crystallized UP-OCC pure copper stranded
  • Each strand is silver plated
  • USA made TPE Sleeve
  • Jensen 4% silver Soldering

https://www.mezeaudio.com/collectio...-balanced-4pin-xlr-silver-pcuhd-upgrade-cable
*Central Jersey! lol

Feb 15, 2019 at 12:00 PM Post #2,737 of 12,974
Haha
Central for you and South for me.
I live about 15 minutes from their location. It's from Central! lol there is always this battle that Central Jersey even exists. I think it does.

Feb 15, 2019 at 2:02 PM Post #2,740 of 12,974
I've received mine last Friday, a week ago. I simply love them. My other headphones are HD800 and LCD2C. The Empy beats them all at the things I like, with the exception of the soundstage of the HD800. Other than that I'm ecstatic about the Empy.

Here's a little video I made with them:

Felicitări ! O cască adevărată.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back