Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone
Feb 13, 2019 at 10:02 AM Post #2,686 of 12,974
This is the make-up of the $499 Meze 4-pin Balance cable

From Meze;

Furukawa SILVER PLATED PCUHD Copper cable provides a bit more resolute and detailed open sound.

The cable is similar to the Copper one, with a few differences, see below:

UP-OCC silver plated single crystallized UP-OCC pure copper stranded

Each strand is silver plated.
How are these treating you now Rick? any changes?

Feb 13, 2019 at 10:27 AM Post #2,687 of 12,974
I don't have the experience with cans that you have. I listen mostly to speakers yet since i got these i've listened everynight.
I can compare to what i have owned to clarify my opinion.
1. SennHD800 / no comment. Too stirile and boring
2. LCD-X not as Dynamic as the Audeze but also not as fatiguing either. All around great balanced sound
3. HiFiMan HE1000V2 are thin and boring compared to the sound of the Empyreans

I love the 3D imaging of these cans.
I have never heard the Utopias and would be interested in comparing.
Going Sunday to Canjam so maybe i will here the Utopias there. I've been told by some that they are great and others claim they are too bright. Who knows. Amp/cans match i guess. I had the Violectric V281 and now have the magnificent Manley Absolute amp

Feb 13, 2019 at 10:33 AM Post #2,688 of 12,974
I don't have the experience with cans that you have. I listen mostly to speakers yet since i got these i've listened everynight.
I can compare to what i have owned to clarify my opinion.
1. SennHD800 / no comment. Too stirile and boring
2. LCD-X not as Dynamic as the Audeze but also not as fatiguing either. All around great balanced sound
3. HiFiMan HE1000V2 are thin and boring compared to the sound of the Empyreans

I love the 3D imaging of these cans.
I have never heard the Utopias and would be interested in comparing.
Going Sunday to Canjam so maybe i will here the Utopias there. I've been told by some that they are great and others claim they are too bright. Who knows. Amp/cans match i guess. I had the Violectric V281 and now have the magnificent Manley Absolute amp
I'll be there on Saturday, I might go back on Sunday too. It's not that far of a bus ride via "NJ transit" to NYC.

Feb 13, 2019 at 10:38 AM Post #2,689 of 12,974
Going with a dealer buddy and another friend who flew in from Dallas for this show.
It's interesting what Meze says about the break-in being non-existent. I can swear they sounded much better after i ran them for 24 hours then they sounded when first connected. Who am i to argue...
Have you played with the Utopias

Feb 13, 2019 at 10:41 AM Post #2,690 of 12,974
Going with a dealer buddy and another friend who flew in from Dallas for this show.
It's interesting what Meze says about the break-in being non-existent. I can swear they sounded much better after i ran them for 24 hours then they sounded when first connected. Who am i to argue...
Have you played with the Utopias
I sold my Utopia in the summer of last year, That was and is my all time favorite can. I would buy that headphone again without even breaking a sweat.

Feb 13, 2019 at 10:53 AM Post #2,692 of 12,974
i would love the opportunity to do a side by side comparison of those two
Canjam, maybe. I'm 5th in line at TTVJ to get the Empyrean via Tour/review. So I'll finally have extensive listening with those soon. Today I pick up the Questyle CMA-Twelve to review using the Focal Clear.

Feb 13, 2019 at 11:23 AM Post #2,694 of 12,974
I’m gonna ask you a personal question that you don’t have to answer and I hope you don’t mind me asking.
Do you work? Seems like music is your driving force. Maybe you should get into the audio biz
Lol, how would I afford this stuff? Can't sell Crack-rocks haha. I work in the trucking industry.

Feb 13, 2019 at 5:38 PM Post #2,695 of 12,974
Does the empyrean come standard with two cables standard and balanced, I just received a pair without a balanced cable

Feb 13, 2019 at 5:42 PM Post #2,698 of 12,974
Mine only came with 1/4 cable

Feb 13, 2019 at 5:50 PM Post #2,699 of 12,974
@puppypatrol have you received the hekse yet?
Curious to know how you have found them v the empyrean

I have the hekv2 and strongly considering updating to hekse but looking for conparisons with the empyrean that i have not yet heard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back