Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone
Aug 31, 2021 at 9:30 AM Post #10,966 of 12,974
It is still unfair competition although I understand the happy customer.

Anyway way it is not my intention to address such issues.

Let's concentrate on sound performance as soon as it is available.
If you don't want to elaborate that's fine, but I was really interested in the reason why it would be any different for a new product compared to an old one.

Aug 31, 2021 at 9:41 AM Post #10,967 of 12,974
If you don't want to elaborate that's fine, but I was really interested in the reason why it would be any different for a new product compared to an old one.
The usual marketing is to discount eol or older products.

In a small dealers network like the Meze one, it is unfair to discount products.

That is my personal opinion and it might be wrong.

Aug 31, 2021 at 10:01 AM Post #10,968 of 12,974

In a small dealers network like the Meze one, it is unfair to discount products.

This is not in line with the usual Marketing I experienced nor with my opinion.
However your opinion and experience is as valid as mine, therefore I agree to disagree.

Aug 31, 2021 at 10:38 AM Post #10,971 of 12,974

How daft.

Aug 31, 2021 at 11:23 AM Post #10,972 of 12,974
Just beautiful. I will take this over anything else out there
I think I'm choosing this one myself. We will see everything tomorrow. Even though we saw it already lol.

Aug 31, 2021 at 11:25 AM Post #10,973 of 12,974
How daft.
You think so?
I guess you wouldn't mind going public with your dealer name?

So we have a flagship headphone with an xxx starting price that some dealers will discount for an xxx minus x.
Wonderful, this reminds me of the eastern selling way.
I need to sell something for 500 but I declare it for 700 so at the end you can have it for 500 and everybody is happy with it.
Guess who is the sucker...

Anyway this is far out of topic and I would appreciate it if we don't continue this discussion.
Thank you.

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2021 at 11:42 AM Post #10,974 of 12,974
You think so?
I guess you wouldn't mind going public with your dealer name?

So we have a flagship headphone with an xxx starting price that some dealers will discount for an xxx minus x.
Wonderful, this reminds me of the eastern selling way.
I need to sell something for 500 but I declare it for 700 so at the end you can have it for 500 and everybody is happy with it.
Guess who is the sucker...

Anyway this is far out of topic and I would appreciate it if we don't continue this discussion.
Thank you.
I am not purchasing a Meze whatever product.

Would you like the names of my dealers I've purchased through in the past?

Everybody can win, everyone can profit, it's a curious thing how invested you seem.

Them the rules and nobody is forcing you to play by them.

Discussing an Empyrean price isn't too off topic, either.

Aug 31, 2021 at 11:44 AM Post #10,975 of 12,974
I am not purchasing a Meze whatever product.

Would you like the names of my dealers I've purchased through in the past?

Everybody can win, everyone can profit, it's a curious thing how invested you seem.

Them the rules and nobody is forcing you to play by them.

Discussing an Empyrean price isn't too off topic, either.
Bump!

Aug 31, 2021 at 5:08 PM Post #10,977 of 12,974
Hmm, guess im getting the non-elite Empyrean, unless the upcoming reviews makes it sound like the Elite versions is truely worth +1k extra EUR (prob more since you can prob get a great deal on OG Empy's in the near future).

In my subjective opinion the OG-empy's also looks much better, even tho that's not my highest priority :)

Aug 31, 2021 at 5:13 PM Post #10,978 of 12,974
Hmm, guess im getting the non-elite Empyrean, unless the upcoming reviews makes it sound like the Elite versions is truely worth +1k extra EUR (prob more since you can prob get a great deal on OG Empy's in the near future).

In my subjective opinion the OG-empy's also looks much better, even tho that's not my highest priority :)
Pretty sure there are many empys available soon maybe even cheaper than usual

Aug 31, 2021 at 5:30 PM Post #10,980 of 12,974
https://mezeaudio.eu/collections/all/products/elite

Can't see anything new apart from the design. Prices are getting mental in this hobby...
So there is a new driver and new pads.
You heard that right new earpads that will likely fit also for the Empyrean.

"02. LEATHER + ALCANTARA® HYBRID
With a soft, yet durable outer finish, the HYBRID ear cushions are a new addition to our earpad family that perfectly balances the qualities of Alcantara and leather into a single design. Besides the high wearing comfort, this unique combo lowers the bass pressure and delivers an airy sound signature, in which sound waves appear to trancend the space around you to create an immersive experience."

Personally I hope that the Elite can keep the elevated Bass when using the og Empyreans leather pads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back