Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone
Feb 28, 2021 at 5:43 PM Post #8,837 of 12,974
@branislav thanks a lot for this. Glad You have found good amp for Meze. I think i am also done with my research with Ayon ha3/meze combo. Will write shortly something about it.
Wonder how the Ayon would compare to the Feliks Euforia AE driving Empyreans and other phones. I checked the Feliks Euforia thread and it's pretty much just tube rolling ideas for 600 pages.

Mar 1, 2021 at 3:48 AM Post #8,838 of 12,974
Wonder how the Ayon would compare to the Feliks Euforia AE driving Empyreans and other phones. I checked the Feliks Euforia thread and it's pretty much just tube rolling ideas for 600 pages.
Indeed. The main reason I decided not to go for Euforia was that it is an OTL and I was afraid the match wth Meze, although I have not listened to it. I know many people prise Meze with Euforia, but I got an opportunity to go for Ayon and do not regret it:)

Mar 1, 2021 at 6:23 AM Post #8,839 of 12,974
This is probably the best cable available for the Empyrean. Both in sound and style, matched to my bronze Empyrean

I prefer thinner cables for daily use.
But yes, the style is :heart_eyes:

Pure silver cable:
IMG_1304.jpg

Compared to FAW:
IMG_1307.jpg

The silver cable is like a feather, and so soft...

Mar 1, 2021 at 6:32 AM Post #8,840 of 12,974

Pure silver cable:

Compared to FAW:

Norne cables are still flexible and weight is a non issue for me, I also don't mind 700g Audezes

I even ordered a 19awg Silvergarde S4 for my IEMs

The Forza cables look sweet as well.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2021 at 2:48 PM Post #8,842 of 12,974

Pure silver cable:

Compared to FAW:

But the Forza (I have Noir Hybrid HPC) sounds much better, to my ears than the Meze Silver cable, which is actually SPC. Which pure silver cable is yours?

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2021 at 5:55 AM Post #8,846 of 12,974
Totl solid state headphone amp suggestions for meze empyrean.

I am considering niimbus us4+, sparkos aries, headphone gsx mini, xiaudio formula-s with powerman and wells audio headtrip.

Pls suggest based on ur experiences. Thanks.

Mar 3, 2021 at 5:55 AM Post #8,847 of 12,974
Any suggestions for totl tube headphone amp for meze empyrean and rad 0?

Considering dna stratus, ultrasonic citadel, auris audio nirvana, ampandsound mono amps.

Any other suggestions under 6000 usd - pls let me know.

@branislav compared a few amps here:

3) Musical, warm and dark sound. Detail seriously lacking. Reminded me of my Nighthawks headphones which are my favorite in its price range, however we know what kind of price range that is. Everything sounds like recorded in some dark oaky room with someone smoking cigar and sipping on whisky listening to some jazz.
2) Solid built. More neutral sound signature so not imparting so much of its sound to every recording. Nothing really stands out, for better or worse. Volume control seems excellent and way better than stepped one found in 3)...even though I didn't have any issue with that one, you just have more control fine tuning things with the regular one. Sounds like a good solid state amp though, does not have that "lit up from within" sound that made me fall in love with tubes. Didn't hear the magic people described with Sennheisers 800's (for that Apex Teton takes the crown)
3) Top shelf amp, simple as that. Biggest soundstage of all 3 with impressive depth and to my preference, does have that "lit up from within" sound, for the lack of better word. Transparency way above the other 2 amps.

I have also published my experience with Ayon a few posts above.

Mar 3, 2021 at 5:58 AM Post #8,848 of 12,974
Totl solid state headphone amp suggestions for meze empyrean.

I am considering niimbus us4+, sparkos aries, headphone gsx mini, xiaudio formula-s with powerman and wells audio headtrip.

Pls suggest based on ur experiences. Thanks.
I'd add the Wells Audio Milo Reference as well.
It has a warmer sound signature than the HeadTrip.

@Bonddam owns both and the Empyrean and can surely share some experience here.

Mar 3, 2021 at 5:59 AM Post #8,849 of 12,974
3) Musical, warm and dark sound. Detail seriously lacking. Reminded me of my Nighthawks headphones which are my favorite in its price range, however we know what kind of price range that is. Everything sounds like recorded in some dark oaky room with someone smoking cigar and sipping on whisky listening to some jazz.
2) Solid built. More neutral sound signature so not imparting so much of its sound to every recording. Nothing really stands out, for better or worse. Volume control seems excellent and way better than stepped one found in 3)...even though I didn't have any issue with that one, you just have more control fine tuning things with the regular one. Sounds like a good solid state amp though, does not have that "lit up from within" sound that made me fall in love with tubes. Didn't hear the magic people described with Sennheisers 800's (for that Apex Teton takes the crown)
3) Top shelf amp, simple as that. Biggest soundstage of all 3 with impressive depth and to my preference, does have that "lit up from within" sound, for the lack of better word. Transparency way above the other 2 amps.
Auris audio nirvana is the best of 3 right? How is it in terms of noise, h and black background? Cam it be used with iems? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back