Meze EMPYREAN II
Nov 20, 2023 at 11:09 AM Post #181 of 563
Copper would be more warm sounding right? Since this is supposedly less warm than original I was leaning copper.
I can't speak to how the copper vs silver-plated copper cable will sound on the Empy 2, but I think almost everyone preferred the silver-plated Meze cable on the Elite.

Nov 20, 2023 at 11:13 AM Post #182 of 563
What cable choice are people going with? Silver or copper? I was thinking to go with the copper.
Silver-plated Meze cable is clearer sounding/more detailed but also a bit leaner, especially in the bass. Copper Meze cable is warmer and smoother but less clear/detailed.
Edit: if you have to choose between these two I'd recommend the silver-plated for OG Empy and Elite. (I haven't tried Empy 2 yet.)

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2023 at 1:17 PM Post #184 of 563
I really don't want to start a 'cables do/don't make a difference' argument, but just want to provide an honest opinion as someone who has owned Elite and Empyrean extensively, and currently have the standard 3 m OFC cable and the silver cable. I genuinely cannot tell the difference, and these cables should technically sound very different (and my brain should even have confirmation bias because I bought the silver cable and expect it to be better). No matter how hard I try, I cannot tell. I still use the silver cable much more often because it is ergonomically better than the longer cable (which is stiff).

I suggest going with the cable that looks better to you. Not denying that cables don't make a difference in IEMs or headphones with strong impedance curves, but I just did not experience this with my pairs. However, Empyrean 2 might be different...

Nov 22, 2023 at 3:36 PM Post #185 of 563
🥳

IMG_0450.jpeg

Nov 22, 2023 at 6:03 PM Post #188 of 563
Nov 22, 2023 at 10:29 PM Post #189 of 563
Silver-plated Meze cable is clearer sounding/more detailed but also a bit leaner, especially in the bass. Copper Meze cable is warmer and smoother but less clear/detailed.
Edit: if you have to choose between these two I'd recommend the silver-plated for OG Empy and Elite. (I haven't tried Empy 2 yet.)
That is right. Silver meze cable (when comparing to copper) definitely gave a clearer sound which felt brighter (literally as if there was more light in the music), treble was more shiny/sparkly, high tones vibrated more enjoyably and caught "eye" more :wink:. My feeling was that the FR was more even with the silver cable. Tested with Mojo 2, and separately Ferrum Oor+Hypsos with Gustard A26.
That was my impression with Empyrean 2.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2023 at 12:56 PM Post #190 of 563
Just delivered. Gorgeous I like OG Empy and Elite.

Will have initial impressions over the weekend.

IMG_0494.jpeg

Nov 24, 2023 at 2:41 PM Post #191 of 563
I really don't want to start a 'cables do/don't make a difference' argument, but just want to provide an honest opinion as someone who has owned Elite and Empyrean extensively, and currently have the standard 3 m OFC cable and the silver cable. I genuinely cannot tell the difference, and these cables should technically sound very different (and my brain should even have confirmation bias because I bought the silver cable and expect it to be better). No matter how hard I try, I cannot tell. I still use the silver cable much more often because it is ergonomically better than the longer cable (which is stiff).

I suggest going with the cable that looks better to you. Not denying that cables don't make a difference in IEMs or headphones with strong impedance curves, but I just did not experience this with my pairs. However, Empyrean 2 might be different...
You are just lacking imagination...

Nov 25, 2023 at 11:45 AM Post #192 of 563

People who hear cables make a difference in sound can also hear grass growing.

As someone who worked at hospital for 10 years i can tell you placebo goes way beyond that…

At least they justify their purchases this way. Much like fortnite cosmetics.

Nov 25, 2023 at 11:49 AM Post #193 of 563
People who hear cables make a difference in sound can also hear grass growing.

As someone who worked at hospital for 10 years i can tell you placebo goes way beyond that…

I tried a whole bunch of cables but I thought most of them sounded worse than the stock. So now a days I just stick with stock or upgrade cable made by same co as the headphones. So definitely to my ears they change the sound but not to the better in my opinion.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2023 at 12:03 PM Post #194 of 563
While I wouldn't buy fortnite cosmetics, I have to point out that the comparison is incredibly bad.

You DO see the different cosmetics, there is no question about it being Placebo at all...

So if you want to apply this to the cable discussion, it would mean that there are most definitely audible differences in cables... which is probably not the point you were trying to make

Users who are viewing this thread

Back