Meze EMPYREAN II
Nov 14, 2023 at 10:56 PM Post #151 of 608
When are these shipping? I preordered but have heard nothing yet.
Bloom Audio lists them as shipping "Mid November". Audio46 used to have a date but it's gone now, guess it really depends on when Meze sends them out.

Nov 15, 2023 at 9:39 AM Post #152 of 608
In germany they are listed for shipping at mid december...

Nov 15, 2023 at 9:50 AM Post #153 of 608
In germany they are listed for shipping at mid december...
First batch sold out, next one asia, which probably means all new orders ship in Dezember

Nov 15, 2023 at 7:08 PM Post #154 of 608
Thanks for the nice write-up. I can tell you that vocals sound incredible on the Elite once you get the chain dialed in. I’m not sure how good a match the Woo W8 is for these three headphones, but I can tell you the Elite will scale significantly with better equipment even though you can drive it adequately with almost anything.
But would you agree that what the Elites excel in is realistic instrument timbre?
Personally I couldn't believe my ears in that regard when I auditioned the Elites. I found them to be exceptional and my dream headphone for that quality alone, besides everything else that they do so well too.

Nov 15, 2023 at 7:30 PM Post #155 of 608
I find the Elite equally realistic in vocals as well as instruments. I’m a bit spoiled by them at this point, so I almost take for granted how great they are. I’m a long-time ZMF owner as well, so it seems I gravitate to headphones that have excellent timbre and realistic sound. I also don’t mind a little warmth thrown in!

Nov 15, 2023 at 7:46 PM Post #156 of 608
I find the Elite equally realistic in vocals as well as instruments. I’m a bit spoiled by them at this point, so I almost take for granted how great they are. I’m a long-time ZMF owner as well, so it seems I gravitate to headphones that have excellent timbre and realistic sound. I also don’t mind a little warmth thrown in!
I'm on the same track with a Meze and ZMF love in, although I only actually own the 109 pro at this point in time. Very similar paths they seem to tread, not only on sound signature they both lean towards but also on comfort and build quality too.

Nov 16, 2023 at 2:44 AM Post #157 of 608
I agree, the Elites are exceptional in terms of realistic instrument timbre (Angled Pads). I love them for Jazz, Classical and acoustic. Especially if you want to hear and feel the impact of the surroundings. You feel like you're there.

I'd be interested in hearing the new Empy 2 pads on the Elite. If they sound like the Hybrids but with better comfort that would be good!

Nov 16, 2023 at 5:27 AM Post #158 of 608
I'm on the same track with a Meze and ZMF love in, although I only actually own the 109 pro at this point in time. Very similar paths they seem to tread, not only on sound signature they both lean towards but also on comfort and build quality too.
Also how both integrate aesthetics into their designs.

They really deliver complete products. Sound, Comfort, Build, aesthetics, they got it all

Nov 16, 2023 at 6:12 AM Post #159 of 608
I'm completely torn between Empy 2, Elite or Caldera...

Nov 16, 2023 at 7:05 AM Post #160 of 608
My review might help. I love both the Elite and Caldera. Obviously haven't heard the Empy 2 yet, but based on the available reviews I am pretty sure I would still prefer the Elite from the Meze line up. I personally developed a slight preference towards the Caldera though but I could be happy with either if these headphones.

Nov 16, 2023 at 10:40 AM Post #162 of 608
I had the opportunity to compare the Caldera and Elite side by side at home for 4-5 days recently. I could also be perfectly content with either headphone long-term just like @betula. For me, the Elite is more comfortable, has pads that are much easier to change out, and has a more open and airy presentation. The Caldera is plenty comfortable, has a more muscular presentation, and all the pros that come from owning a ZMF (lifetime warranty on drivers and the legendary ZMF customer service). I don't think you can go wrong with either headphone. Can't speak to the Empy 2...

Nov 16, 2023 at 12:04 PM Post #163 of 608
My review might help. I love both the Elite and Caldera.

Great, thank you very much.
I'll read that tonight.

For me, the Elite is more comfortable, has pads that are much easier to change out, and has a more open and airy presentation. The Caldera is plenty comfortable, has a more muscular presentation, and all the pros that come from owning a ZMF (lifetime warranty on drivers and the legendary ZMF customer service). I don't think you can go wrong with either headphone. Can't speak to the Empy 2...

In the end, it has to be both :D

Nov 16, 2023 at 5:55 PM Post #164 of 608
Well it turns out the Empy 2 didn't make it back from CanJam Dallas in time for me to try it at Bloom today. But they did have an Elite and happened to have some of the new duo pads from the Empy 2 on hand so I got to try them on the Elite.

Basically I felt the duo pads were in between the angled alcantara and the hybrids. I think I liked the hybrids best personally. They had some of the bass bloom the Mezes are known for but this also gave it a wonderful full resonance and impact. The duo pad cut away the bloom (and along with it some impact) and I would say they were likely more accurate than the hybrids. The angled alcantara were my least favorite, too much cut away from the low end imo, probably only would use them for classical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back