Meze Audio Headphone Tour: LIRIC - The closed-back isodynamic planar
Dec 22, 2021 at 6:51 AM Post #46 of 57
Col to see me on the list. This is my second tour - first was these Dekoni HP pads - for the LIRIC I’ll be using my curated micro SD card with the best tracks i consider that expose all pro and cons of headphones

Dec 22, 2021 at 7:49 AM Post #49 of 57
Hi @Andykong i see in the user guide at the pic of included accessories. That the cables terminate at the Headphonea-wnd in what appears to be mono 3.5mm jack (2-pole) that means plus and minus?. I am not sure if i could use my Kimber AXIOS CU 4.4 to dual 3.5mm jacks (3-pole) rhat i have for my MDR-Z1R

Dec 22, 2021 at 8:36 AM Post #50 of 57
Hi @Andykong i see in the user guide at the pic of included accessories. That the cables terminate at the Headphonea-wnd in what appears to be mono 3.5mm jack (2-pole) that means plus and minus?. I am not sure if i could use my Kimber AXIOS CU 4.4 to dual 3.5mm jacks (3-pole) rhat i have for my MDR-Z1R
Yes, it should work, I believe the Sony Z1R is also using 3.5mm TS by design, but the 3.5mm TS connector is not as popular as 3.5mm TRS, so a lot of cable company uses 3.5mmTRS connector instead but only connect the T and S of the connector. In fact, I have seen aftermarket cable shop stated that their dual 3.5mm headphone cable are Sony Z1R and Focal Elear (etc) compatible, can Focal use 3.5TS for sure, as mentioned by several users in the LIRIC thread.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Dec 22, 2021 at 8:50 AM Post #51 of 57
Yes, it should work, I believe the Sony Z1R is also using 3.5mm TS by design, but the 3.5mm TS connector is not as popular as 3.5mm TRS, so a lot of cable company uses 3.5mmTRS connector instead but only connect the T and S of the connector. In fact, I have seen aftermarket cable shop stated that their dual 3.5mm headphone cable are Sony Z1R and Focal Elear (etc) compatible, can Focal use 3.5TS for sure, as mentioned by several users in the LIRIC thread.
Thank you very much for the reply. Exactly what I think as the sony 3.5mm TRS has only two cables per cup. So it won’t be an issue

Dec 22, 2021 at 11:42 AM Post #52 of 57
winston-churchill-hat-raise_Fotor_1200x1200.jpg

Dec 22, 2021 at 12:04 PM Post #54 of 57
@Andykong

Very excited for this opportunity, thank you. Really looking forward to getting my hands on these within the next few months.

Thanks!

Dec 24, 2021 at 2:44 AM Post #56 of 57
We are surprised, excited and grateful to the response of the tour. Unfortunately we cannot accommodate every applicant given we only have limited resources. We have prepared three sets of LIRIC for this tour and lined up as many reviewers as possible. The final tour reviewers are listed below and I'll create group PM to keep everyone well informed in next few days.

LIRIC Group 1: Europe
  1. @betula, UK
  2. @vsg28, UK
  3. @zen87192, UK
  4. @Newsee, Switzerland
  5. @gerelmx1986, Germany
  6. @godmax, Germany
  7. @Ragnar-BY, Poland
  8. @revand, Hungary

LIRIC Group 2: USA
  1. @macdonjh, USA
  2. @ngoshawk, USA
  3. @Slim1970, USA
  4. @Wiljen, USA
  5. @Olumm, USA
  6. @szore, USA
  7. @jinxy245, USA
  8. @ScornDefeat, USA

LIRIC Group 3: Canada + USA
  1. @elnero, Canada
  2. @makan, Canada
  3. @HiFiHawaii808, USA
  4. @Chill iLL, USA
  5. @elira, USA
  6. @Unseen Aura, USA
  7. @inmytaxi, USA
  8. @wazzupi, USA
We are surprised, excited and grateful to the response of the tour. Unfortunately we cannot accommodate every applicant given we only have limited resources. We have prepared three sets of LIRIC for this tour and lined up as many reviewers as possible. The final tour reviewers are listed below and I'll create group PM to keep everyone well informed in next few days.

LIRIC Group 1: Europe
  1. @betula, UK
  2. @vsg28, UK
  3. @zen87192, UK
  4. @Newsee, Switzerland
  5. @gerelmx1986, Germany
  6. @godmax, Germany
  7. @Ragnar-BY, Poland
  8. @revand, Hungary

Great news! Thank you for the opportunities 👍 😃
Marry Christmas everyone 🌲

Users who are viewing this thread