MEZE AUDIO ELITE - The New Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone - official thread
Jan 27, 2024 at 2:36 AM Post #5,506 of 5,614
Am I the only one that prefers the OG empy leather pads on the elite.

I put on the empyrean leather pads on the elite, this is my sound for the elites. Vocals are now open, very airy, the sound stage surronds me, just the right amount of bass. Still has that superb detail elites are known for. I went through another pad roll to see if I still liked the og meze leather over the meze alcantara, angled alcantara or hybrids. I still like the og empy leather pads. I do want to try those new duo pads.

Don't know if anyone else gave them a try.

Jan 27, 2024 at 4:14 AM Post #5,508 of 5,614
Am I the only one that prefers the OG empy leather pads on the elite.
Don't know if anyone else gave them a try.
To me both the Elite with og Empy leather pads and the Empy with Elite hybrid pads sounded a bit off. Hybrid on the Elite and leather on the Empy sounds good, but for me Angled Anlcantara is by far the best on both.

Jan 28, 2024 at 2:19 AM Post #5,509 of 5,614
Hey brothers, someone in EU willing to part with the Hybrid pads ? I would like to try them with my Empys.

Btw I see there was Code23 discussed and I can add from my experience that this cable has the best subbass I ever heard from my Empys. It's also a fairly resolving cable (especially for a pure copper one), just a tad less than my Lavri Grand. One thing the Code23 lacks is some more treble energy, but that is a matter of personal preference / system synergy anyways.

Code23 is definitely sound sublime for Elite. Agree, really depend on the system synergy, I've tried with multiple set up where I prefer Code 23 than many other cables included my Norne Skollvar. However in my personal system Skollvar match better.

Jan 30, 2024 at 11:20 AM Post #5,510 of 5,614
Entering personal nirvana...

IMG_4425.jpeg

Feb 3, 2024 at 3:45 AM Post #5,515 of 5,614
Unlike Susvara or AB1266 TC where people discuss a lot about amp pairing, I think for Elite, DAC performance is a bigger factor to upgrade the listening experience.

Last week there was an audio meet here, we compared Rockna Wavedream Signature vs DCS Bartok Apex side by side with Feliks Envy and multiple Headphones. Dare I say Elite is pretty sensitive to DAC change, not just in sound character but also in technicalities as well, such soundstage/imaging quality, micro texture, detail, and top/bottom extension.

Feb 3, 2024 at 5:30 AM Post #5,516 of 5,614
Unlike Susvara or AB1266 TC where people discuss a lot about amp pairing, I think for Elite, DAC performance is a bigger factor to upgrade the listening experience.

Last week there was an audio meet here, we compared Rockna Wavedream Signature vs DCS Bartok Apex side by side with Feliks Envy and multiple Headphones. Dare I say Elite is pretty sensitive to DAC change, not just in sound character but also in technicalities as well, such soundstage/imaging quality, micro texture, detail, and top/bottom extension.
I’ve always been a proponent of Elite scaling very well, to the point I think it is actually quite source picky, and I don’t think it sounds enjoyable off anything and everything.

Feb 3, 2024 at 4:12 PM Post #5,519 of 5,614
In case anyone was wondering, the regular, non-adjustable Rooms stands work great with the Elite as well.

Feb 3, 2024 at 4:13 PM Post #5,520 of 5,614

Which DAC was the winner for you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back