MEZE AUDIO ELITE - The New Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone - official thread
Jul 5, 2023 at 3:13 PM Post #4,936 of 5,658
Been enjoying running in Elites and 109 Pro's for the past 3 weeks and I dare say, they're the most photogenic headphones I've owned to date.

0B9E3ED8-8491-491E-915F-27E1AB548C36.jpg
15B5936E-58E7-4856-82A0-EFC20EA80952.jpg
CAE1908A-C04F-4EE3-BC45-3A6846E3BC42.jpgA54C83F5-4A62-4B23-BCA0-49AAA09124DA.jpg

Excellent photos!

Best DAP for me that I have heard with Elite so far is HiBy RS8. Very big sound in the low end. A bit out of the indicated budget range.
More in budget is the Cayin N7.
x2 on this. RS8 is the best match for me too in DAP's realm.

I'm looking for something more portable, for outside use, With streaming capabillities.
I believe a dap would be the best option. Am i wrong?

For more budget friendly, has (roughly) similarity to RS8 in tonality, I suggest Astell Kern SE300.

Cayin N7 also an excellent choice, a bit leaner (Midrange and Bass) than SE300, with more sparkle treble, but retain the smoothness very well.

Jul 6, 2023 at 9:55 PM Post #4,937 of 5,658
Hi everyone.
I have also jumped on the Elite wagon recently and wonder what dap would compliment them the best.
At the moment, i'm using the Astell and Kern se100 with great transperacy, separation and punchy bass. Would like to get even a "bigger" sound of the low end, but without losing the punchiness.
I Use the upgraded silver cable Meze sends with the Elite hp. my main use is portable.
Budget is in the 2000 dollars range.
will appreciate your inputs.
Thank you all🙂
I really like my Elites with my A&K SP2000T. The hybrid tube design allows you to tweak the warmth while still maintaining clarity. It also happens to be roughly in your price range. Good luck and happy listening! :)

Jul 7, 2023 at 9:48 PM Post #4,939 of 5,658
I'm looking for something more portable, for outside use, With streaming capabillities.
I believe a dap would be the best option. Am i wrong?
I have the Fiio M17 which operates with a battery but the power is doubled when you have the unit plugged in to the wall. I think the Elites benefit significantly from the extra power available in DC so much so that I rarely listen to them in battery mode.

Jul 10, 2023 at 1:52 PM Post #4,940 of 5,658
Hi all!

I recently bought a Meze Audio Elite Epoque. Great headphones!

DSC05299 копия.jpg

2023-07-10_22-39-25.jpg

In addition, mine are still under the beautiful number 30)

DSC05301 копия.jpg

I listen on:

Network Transport: Innuos ZEN Mk3

DSC05248 копия.jpg

DAC: Holo Spring II KTE

DSC03918.jpg

Amplifier: Cayin HA-300MK2

DSC04343-2 копия.jpg

All this beauty sits on:

DSC05095 копия.jpg

In general, I was pleased with the sound of the headphones!

But one question remains guys:

Help me find an equalizer for Roon for Hybrid Earpads 🙏

Thank you in advance!

Jul 10, 2023 at 1:54 PM Post #4,941 of 5,658
Hi all!

DSC05299 копия.jpg

2023-07-10_22-39-25.jpg

DSC05301 копия.jpg

I listen on:

DSC05248 копия.jpg

DSC03918.jpg

DSC04343-2 копия.jpg

All this beauty sits on:

DSC05095 копия.jpg

Thank you in advance!
Great headphones indeed, and a worthy setup to drive them with.

What do you look for with EQ?
Closer to Harman target?

Jul 10, 2023 at 2:01 PM Post #4,942 of 5,658
Hi all!

DSC05299 копия.jpg

2023-07-10_22-39-25.jpg

DSC05301 копия.jpg

I listen on:

DSC05248 копия.jpg

DSC03918.jpg

DSC04343-2 копия.jpg

All this beauty sits on:

DSC05095 копия.jpg

Thank you in advance!
Hi
You can try this:

https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/Au...tory1990/over-ear/Meze Elite (hybrid earpads)

Whether it's pleasing or not depends on your chain.

I posted that EQ link much earlier in the thread and I really liked it with the headphone out on my Bartok but it was just awful from the Envy lol.

YMMV

Jul 10, 2023 at 2:24 PM Post #4,945 of 5,658
I want to get the right bass extension. And improve clarity on treble
Nice to see you on this thread. It was through your posts in the HE1000se thread that I learned of the gorgeous HA-300 MK2. I hope it is still giving you excellent music. I was interested in saving up for one for a time but am now focusing my budget toward a high-end estat setup.

Anyways, boy, do I have the EQ recommendations for you:
  • Post #4,665 goes in-depth into my EQing methodology for fine-tuning an existing EQ profile for one's own hearing.
  • Post #4,678 shares the first PEQ version (I believe Roon only supports PEQ) of my neutral reference of the time which was matched to the neutral reference I was using with my HiFiMan Arya (a short tidbit is that compared to the Arya, I found the Meze Elite to have a much smoother top octave response and no difficult to EQ resonances).
  • Post #4,768 has my latest PEQ profiles from which I have been doing my fine-tuning so far. The subbass gets lifted smoothly and any upper bass to midrange bloat is tamed to clearer levels with what I find to be a more realistic balance (if one is to believe in Harman or diffuse-field and HRTF etc.) with the 1 kHz to 4 kHz ear gain region. I personally additionally had to bring down the 2.5 kHz to 3.7 kHz as well as 5 kHz to 8 kHz regions as they sounded overemphasized to me in some recordings and in pink noise. If your issues with treble clarity manifest as hiss around that region, then this EQ profile may indeed help, though you may want to fine-tune the levels with the help of listening to sine sweeps and pink noise. A 0.6 to 1 Q peaking filter centered around 1.8 kHz to 2 kHz can be used for general adjustments of how much ear gain you want, and a 0.6 Q peaking filter centered around 400 Hz to 500 Hz can be used if you want more midrange.
I hope this helps. :)

Jul 10, 2023 at 2:42 PM Post #4,946 of 5,658
Nice to see you on this thread.
And I'm glad to see you)

It was through your posts in the HE1000se thread that I learned of the gorgeous HA-300 MK2.
I'm glad I could be helpful 😊

I hope it is still giving you excellent music.
Undoubtedly! He is incredible!

By the way, here is my review of this amplifier, if someone else is not in the know) This is my channel on a local resource.

I was interested in saving up for one for a time but am now focusing my budget toward a high-end estat setup.
👍

Anyways, boy, do I have the EQ recommendations for you:
Thank you very much! I will study now

I want to not just add an equalizer, but to do it carefully, for I would say correctly. I understand that a lot will depend on the system, your own ears and personal preferences) But I don’t want to spoil or distort the sound with an equalizer) But I want to carefully show my dignity)

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2023 at 3:07 PM Post #4,949 of 5,658
And I'm glad to see you)

I'm glad I could be helpful 😊

Undoubtedly! He is incredible!

By the way, here is my review of this amplifier, if someone else is not in the know) This is my channel on a local resource.

👍

Thank you very much! I will study now

I want to not just add an equalizer, but to do it carefully, for I would say correctly. I understand that a lot will depend on the system, your own ears and personal preferences) But I don’t want to spoil or distort the sound with an equalizer) But I want to carefully show my dignity)
Indeed, lots of fine-tuning may be needed, whereby I include advice on such in the latter part of post #4,665 which is itself inspired by https://www.head-fi.org/threads/how-to-equalize-your-headphones-a-tutorial.413900/. Personally, at least with Equalizer APO's implementation (only works on Windows), I have heard absolutely no problems or distortions that couldn't be resolved with more EQ (the act of fine-tuning a profile to one's ears), mind, the effect of a good EQ profile can actually sound to me like the removal of tonal distortion toward something much more natural, clear, and close to what I hear in live classical performances. For example, making an EQ profile directly off of headphones.com's frequency response measurements had good results, but for me yielded an at-ear frequency response that actually boosted the 600 Hz region compared to my preferred Arya EQ. Likewise, until I learned how to make use of sine sweeps and pink noise, I had no idea how much overemphasized 3 kHz and 6 kHz regions were polluting my music with noise.

Can you tell me how I can embed your EQ from PEQ profile into Roon?
Using the first file shared in post #4,768, you would need to open Roon's PEQ (parametric EQ) app and add the filters in the text file one by one (I am not aware of any automated conversion or import feature).
  • "Preamp" refers to a digital volume control that prevents the EQ from causing digital clipping or distortions: basically, if you boost an EQ band above "0 dB", that means that those frequencies have the potential to be boosted beyond the maximum volume that can be represented by the audio format's bit depth, so scaling the EQ down prevents that, with the only consequence being that you may need to run your amp a bit louder than usual.
  • "LSC" means that the line is referring to a "Low-shelf filter" which Roon should have an equivalent of. "PK" means it is referring to a "Peaking filter".
  • After you have selected the type of filter, you need to enter the "Fc" "Frequency center" into wherever Roon is asking for a frequency input, and then the "Gain" for where Roon is asking for a dB value, and finally the "Q" which refers to the Q factor which Roon should also have a field for.
  • After that, I would recommend seeing other PEQ tutorials for how the filters work and can be used to adjust to one's preference.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2023 at 4:49 PM Post #4,950 of 5,658
Using the first file shared in post #4,768, you would need to open Roon's PEQ (parametric EQ) app and add the filters in the text file one by one (I am not aware of any automated conversion or import feature).
Thanks, I think I figured it out ))

In the first file, should I transfer only the first part, or should I add the two lower ones too? Which are for 4 and 1 kHz.

2023-07-11_01-46-17.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back