MEZE AUDIO ELITE - The New Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone - official thread
Mar 10, 2023 at 7:01 PM Post #4,141 of 5,659
Hi there, probably a silly question but I was wondering which side to put the angled pads on.
I instinctively would have put them with the thicker side on front (between ears and eyes) and thinner on back in order to have the speakers more oriented towards the ear canal, am I right ?

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2023 at 7:08 PM Post #4,142 of 5,659
Hi there, probably a silly question but I was wondering which side to put the angled pads on.
I instinctively would have put them with the thicker side on front (between ears and eyes) and thinner on back in order to have the speakers more oriented towards the ear canal, am I right ?
No, that's backwards. You should have the smaller side towards your eyes, the thicker side to the rear.

Mar 10, 2023 at 7:11 PM Post #4,143 of 5,659
No, that's backwards. You should have the smaller side towards your eyes, the thicker side to the rear.

Ok, so the goal is to make as if the sound was coming a bit more from front than from sides due to the new angle of the headphone speakers (like full size speakers in front of you in a room), is that it ?

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2023 at 7:42 PM Post #4,144 of 5,659
Hi, I’m pretty new to the headphones world which became a necessity for me.

I ha tried Amiron home, dt880 600 ohms, NDH30 and HD660S2 before landing today to the Arya stealth.
The HD660S2 is sans doubts the more balance and tireless headphone but no so exiting.
I enjoy very much the Arya stealth but I’ve the impression is a bit tiring with all that slam and punch.

How about the meze Elite? That’s the alternative I’m strongly considering , especially compared to the excessive slam of the Arya stealth.
I listen to rock blues and jazz. What worries me about the Arya stealth is that it might get fatiguing.
At the same time I don’t want a boring presentation from the elite. I’m looking for dynamics, big enough soundstage, instrument separation details and precision. I like to hear bass but not excessively
I’d appreciate your valuable advice! Thanks.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2023 at 8:06 PM Post #4,145 of 5,659
It is The One
If you read thru the thread starting pretty much anywhere it's said many times much more eloquently than I can say.
But, yes, soundstage and details and non tiring, all while looking the best and being the most comfy.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2023 at 8:07 PM Post #4,146 of 5,659
Ok, so the goal is to make as if the sound was coming a bit more from front than from sides due to the new angle of the headphone speakers (like full size speakers in front of you in a room), is that it ?
yes

Mar 10, 2023 at 8:17 PM Post #4,147 of 5,659
I would be deaf if listening headphone 90dB everyday. I don't think my ears able to take that as daily dose. My usual listening time is 60-75dB.
60 is like a person speaking in a modulated voice lol

Mar 10, 2023 at 8:33 PM Post #4,148 of 5,659
Thanks! Great price/performance ratio indeed, even if you add the fuse upgrade and NOS tubes. IMO decent R2R and decent tube amp can't be had for much less. And I prefer this combo to some 50%-100% more expensive d/s DAC and SS amp systems.
the HA-3A is amazing. I pair it with R2Rs also and it’s great with the Elites

Mar 10, 2023 at 8:44 PM Post #4,149 of 5,659
Seems to be a "meta" of sorts tbh.

Mar 10, 2023 at 9:54 PM Post #4,150 of 5,659
Your Pegasus R2R (SR purple fuse) | Cayin HA-3A deserves a shout-out.

Best buy for R2R+ coupled tube amp. ~$2600 combined seems like a steal.
Haven't heard these two but I frequently use their siblings, the Musician Aquarius and Cayin HA-6A, driving the Elite. Wonderful pairing!

Mar 10, 2023 at 10:05 PM Post #4,151 of 5,659
That actually explains a lot if you listen at 90db or more.

I listen at 70-80db and on those volumes like some bass boost.

In the evening I listen even a lot lower than that. This is were I really like the Expanse with above Harman Bass.
That is actually the most compelling reason for Expanse that I’ve heard.

Mar 10, 2023 at 10:28 PM Post #4,152 of 5,659
Haven't heard these two but I frequently use their siblings, the Musician Aquarius and Cayin HA-6A, driving the Elite. Wonderful pairing!
Oooh lala. Very nice pairing.
The 6A seems like it has slightly better tube rolling options like KT88 or even NOS KT77, and the ultra linear mode is intriguing, too.

My main music is EDM, rap, and fast rock so my only concern with going with a Cayin over a SS is can it handle the speed, and I guess thats where the UL mode comes in.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2023 at 10:32 PM Post #4,153 of 5,659
Always been very curious about these, and happy to have a review pair in. I'll be very interested to see how they compare to Kennerton Thror. First impressions from my Bakoon rig are promising...

1130136.jpg1130142.jpg
Now that's beautiful. Background looks nice too.

Mar 10, 2023 at 11:10 PM Post #4,154 of 5,659
Why am I randomly craving 80 year old organ and Soviet era vacuum tubes? I have spent too much time here lol.

For the record, I had to retire early for health reasons and have a tight budget, but, I must have a nice retirement chain and set of cans. I love
my 109 Pros but want Elites on a good chain with a dank cable. I appreciate everyone's impressions here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back