MEZE AUDIO ELITE - The New Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone - official thread
Aug 6, 2022 at 12:04 PM Post #2,761 of 5,640
I went to CanJam London a week ago and listened to the Elite. It was the best headphone experience I have had so far. I could have sat there for hours and just listen to music. The design and built-quality are very impressive and the headphones are extremely comfortable, too.
What was the amp?

Aug 6, 2022 at 11:37 PM Post #2,763 of 5,640
Seeing if anyone that owns Elite, SOLP and Susvara now can give me a quick comparison. Wondering if I should consider replacing the SolP with Elites ... heard good things about them ...

Right now I feel the Susvara beats the SOLP in everything except bass amount. Susvara seems to have better soundstage, tonality, sweeter mids, more detailed etc.

Wondering what everyone thinks?

Aug 6, 2022 at 11:46 PM Post #2,764 of 5,640
Are the Elites better than the LCD5 for 90s hip hop? Thanks.

Aug 7, 2022 at 12:12 AM Post #2,765 of 5,640
I went to CanJam London a week ago and listened to the Elite. It was the best headphone experience I have had so far. I could have sat there for hours and just listen to music. The design and built-quality are very impressive and the headphones are extremely comfortable, too.

What was the amp?

I believe it was the Ferrum Erco, as seen on their Facebook photo.

erco.jpg

Personally using Meze Elite with the Erco amp too, and I can attest that the sound is as good as it can get.

Aug 7, 2022 at 12:16 AM Post #2,766 of 5,640
I think the Elites are very good with EDM, Pop and those genres actually. Especially if you're willing to apply some EQ. I'm listening to some EDM, rap, to test the bass response of the Elites and my temples are getting a massage, haha. The Elites are moving a lot of air. I'll put the Elites in the very good all around headphone category.
How is the bass compared to the SolP?

Aug 7, 2022 at 12:36 AM Post #2,767 of 5,640
How is the bass compared to the SolP?
They are really close in texture and output. The Elites move more air creating a more tactical sensation without losing control of its drivers. The Solitaire P’s has slightly tighter bass with a bit more refinement.

Aug 7, 2022 at 1:56 AM Post #2,768 of 5,640
Seeing if anyone that owns Elite, SOLP and Susvara now can give me a quick comparison
Can’t talk to Susvara (personally not a fan of the presentation - never made an emotional connection), I included a SolP and Elite comparison in my review here, which may be of interest.

Aug 7, 2022 at 2:49 AM Post #2,769 of 5,640
Can’t talk to Susvara (personally not a fan of the presentation - never made an emotional connection), I included a SolP and Elite comparison in my review here, which may be of interest.
That review is spot on for my impressions too.
I personally wouldn't trade the SolP for Elites but enjoying Elites nevertheless for their musicality and timbre, playing every genre with ease, better suited for bad recordings like some older metal and can be even easier driven by DAPs (but likes better amplification as discussed before)
Have to say though that I am enjoying things like my Chill hop Playlist more on SolP as it's tighter and more spatial.
Am experiencing the spatial qualities of Holo Spring 3 more on SolP whereas on Elite the difference between direct output of my HA200 or Spring 3 over HA200 isn't as striking (positioning of instruments is more diffuse in direct comparison to SolP).
Have to say though that SolP is a master of instrument seperation and pinpoint localization and in that regards trumping even Susvara which has a nice stage but not as much pinpoint holografy as SolP imho.
I'd say Susvara is more musical than SolP and slightly more textured but missing bass amount satisfaction for my taste.

I've got rid of Susvara hesitantly though

From its tonality SolP bass is more dry TC like (though cannot reach TC amount) and Elites bass tonality is more leaning towards warm and soft in direct comparison - I personally prefer dry and hard.

As usual an ideal headphone would be a mix of all with the tight dry bass from SolP and its spatial qualities, Elites timbre and comfort and Susvaras effortless textured detail and treble extension.

Another thing worth to be mentioned is need for equing.
I personally put on the ultra wide pads onto the SolPs which are opening up the upper registers and leading to a more Susvara like open presentation (though won't reach Susvaras presentation there fully), mids are still quite recessed compared to Harman target.
I am bumping those.
Bass usually doesn't need eq but is also recessed due to the ultra wide pads and can need some increase to compensate (or loudness on my HA200).
On Susvaras I ve tried PEQ for bass shelves too once I had them as the stock bass amount didn't satisfy me.
With Elites I can play straight stock without need for equing (loudness for some more fun).
So I can play straight Apple Music without always looking for a Roon source which I can equ.
That's a great advantage over the mentioned other TOTLs imho.
As usual all a personal view...

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2022 at 8:30 AM Post #2,770 of 5,640
Thanks everyone.

Wondering how the mids are on the Elites? Are they more sultry than SOLP and Susvara? Are they more or less recessed? I assume the Elites would be great for 90s hip hop (bad recordings)? I feel Susvaras fall flat for this genre in particular. Thanks.

Aug 7, 2022 at 8:55 AM Post #2,771 of 5,640
Thanks everyone.

Wondering how the mids are on the Elites? Are they more sultry than SOLP and Susvara? Are they more or less recessed? I assume the Elites would be great for 90s hip hop (bad recordings)? I feel Susvaras fall flat for this genre in particular. Thanks.
I'd say Elites are having one of the best timbres I have heard for vocals.
They are not recessed like on SolP, cannot judge without direct comparison regarding Susvara on emphasis but I think Susvara is still the king regarding texture and technicalities while still keeping a great timbre.
Regarding timbre alone and emotional connection Elite might beat Susvaras and even more SolP. Alot can depend on sources though.
I can imagine a good tube amp e.g can make wonders with headphones on such things.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2022 at 11:26 AM Post #2,772 of 5,640
Aug 7, 2022 at 1:11 PM Post #2,773 of 5,640
With the right pairing the Elite doesn't have less bass than the Solitaire P. I A/B auditioned them out of a Chord Dave. Even their bass presentation is not that much different. At the same time I understand if a bass fanatic skips the Elite. That said, I always loved my bass, I nurtured my headphone interest on different LCD pairs. I also listen to many different electronic genres that require good bass quantity and extension/layering. Yet I find the bass on my Elite with the right DAC/amp pairing absolutely satisfying.
How is sub bass in particular with Elites? Comparison with any other TOTL headphones like the SolitaireP or Susvara would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Aug 7, 2022 at 1:13 PM Post #2,774 of 5,640
How is sub bass in particular with Elites? Comparison with any other TOTL headphones like the SolitaireP or Susvara would be greatly appreciated.
I find sub bass on the Elite really good, quite controlled though not the tightest. SolP in comparison I find is more tactile - hits harder and rumbles more viscerally, and is tighter. Elite is a little fuzzier and warmer.

Aug 7, 2022 at 1:17 PM Post #2,775 of 5,640
Seeing if anyone that owns Elite, SOLP and Susvara now can give me a quick comparison. Wondering if I should consider replacing the SolP with Elites ... heard good things about them ...

Right now I feel the Susvara beats the SOLP in everything except bass amount. Susvara seems to have better soundstage, tonality, sweeter mids, more detailed etc.

Wondering what everyone thinks?
These all are the best of the best, so comparing them is hard and subjective.

The Soli P to me sounded like an absolutely brilliant and perfect Hi-Fi speaker system. The orchestral space and separation it provides is absolutely outstanding. The Susvara is a lot more source dependent. Gorgeous sound, but will sound thin and unimpressive for the asking price on many systems...

The Elite is almost as technical as the Soli P or Susvara on the right system (!), but it has a unique selling point and that is emotional involvement. The Elites are the most engaging yet technical flagship headphones I have ever tried. There seem to be a secret ingredient in its sound that gets you hooked like a drug and you just want more and more of it. You stop caring about that last 5% of resolution or detail in your face and just soak in that beautiful and musical sound.

My love affair has been going on for 8 months now, and there is still fire. :) As always though, ymmv.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back