MEZE AUDIO ELITE - The New Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone - official thread
Sep 28, 2021 at 1:00 PM Post #796 of 5,675
danacable with my utopia I used to own was the very first time I realized how much of an improvement a cable can make....
Funny. I had a Laz Ref cable with my Utopia for about 6 months. Turns out I ended up selling it and going to pure silver cables.

I purchased the LR to 'fix' the bit of 'sharpness' I heard from Utopia. But in the end, I felt like the LR hurt more than it helped with my system. Plus, the ergonomics didn't work for me.

But while I didn't call the LR an improvement, I did confirm (to my ears) that cables can affect the sound to a significant degree.

Sep 28, 2021 at 2:06 PM Post #797 of 5,675
Funny. I had a Laz Ref cable with my Utopia for about 6 months. Turns out I ended up selling it and going to pure silver cables.

I purchased the LR to 'fix' the bit of 'sharpness' I heard from Utopia. But in the end, I felt like the LR hurt more than it helped with my system. Plus, the ergonomics didn't work for me.

But while I didn't call the LR an improvement, I did confirm (to my ears) that cables can affect the sound to a significant degree.
What did you end up with for your Utopia?

Sep 28, 2021 at 2:53 PM Post #798 of 5,675
Sep 28, 2021 at 2:55 PM Post #799 of 5,675
Sep 28, 2021 at 4:02 PM Post #800 of 5,675
Buy a better headphone with that $2k and $1800. No cable saves the poor Empy.
You seem to be horribly offended by any positive feedback regarding Meze products. If you find those so lame, what's the point of even lurking in this thread? A bit too lame, don't you think?

Sep 28, 2021 at 4:23 PM Post #801 of 5,675
Save me scrolling through, I’ve just seen Judes review, not compatible with sp2000 I take it. Will need gsx mini or similar for home use? The stock cables list 3.5 but I’m not into spending 2k on a cable when an amp will do a better job, any thoughts?

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2021 at 4:50 PM Post #802 of 5,675
Save me scrolling through, I’ve just seen Judes review, not compatible with sp2000 I take it. Will need gsx mini or similar for home use? The stock cables list 3.5 but I’m not into spending 2k on a cable when an amp will do a better job, any thoughts?
The Elites are not hard to drive at all. I've tried them with my Hugo 2 and the sound is superb. Also, no need to spend that much on an aftermarket cable. Norne, Lavricables, Audio Sensibility are all great options and better than stock. I found the stock cable limits the dynamics and overall clarity of the Elites. I swapped it out immediately after hearing it.

Sep 28, 2021 at 5:20 PM Post #803 of 5,675
On the subject of cables and Meze headphones:

The best cable I have found for Empy is a big 16 wire OCC copper cable from Capistrano Cables. Close second is ZMF 2k copper, which lives on my VOs. The Forza Noir Hybrid HPC is great, but not preferred, and pure Silver Dragon Premium is absolutely horrible on Empy for me. I don’t love the Meze SPC cable on Empy either.

On Elite, I prefer the Forza cable. Next are the big copper cables, followed by the Silver Dragon, which for some reason (probably that it is insufficiently thick). It gives great midrange and highs clarity, but eats all the base, like a dragon. Need to get a better silver cable, but Norne sucks at returning my email. Haven’t tried the Meze SPC with Elite.

No experience with Meze stock cables.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2021 at 5:29 PM Post #804 of 5,675

The best cable I have found for Empy is a big 16 wire OCC copper cable from Capistrano Cables. Close second is ZMF 2k copper, which lives on my VOs. The Forza Noir Hybrid HPC is great, but not preferred, and pure Silver Dragon Premium is absolutely horrible on Empy for me. I don’t love the Meze SPC cable on Empy either.

On Elite, I prefer the Forza cable. Next are the big copper cables, followed by the Silver Dragon, which for some reason (probably that it is insufficiently thick). It gives great midrange and highs clarity, but eats all the base, like a dragon. Need to get a better silver cable, but Norne sucks at returning my email. Haven’t tried the Meze SPC with Elite.

Cables can be taboo for some people. On a headphone like the Elites they absolutely let you hear what frequencies are being altered or enhanced. You really can fine tune the sound of the Elites to your liking with your choice of cable.

Sep 28, 2021 at 6:12 PM Post #805 of 5,675
Cables can be taboo for some people. On a headphone like the Elites they absolutely let you hear what frequencies are being altered or enhanced. You really can fine tune the sound of the Elites to your liking with your choice of cable.
Definitely!

Sep 28, 2021 at 9:22 PM Post #806 of 5,675
You seem to be horribly offended by any positive feedback regarding Meze products. If you find those so lame, what's the point of even lurking in this thread? A bit too lame, don't you think?
I always lurk. If you can't take the cheek, go on a spiritual journey to find your inner peace.

Sep 28, 2021 at 9:25 PM Post #807 of 5,675
I always lurk. If you can't take the cheek, go on a spiritual journey to find your inner peace.
Oh common kids. Lol these are only headphones.

Sep 29, 2021 at 3:58 AM Post #809 of 5,675
I like @paradoxper cheeky colments, makes these Forums a fun place to be...

Sep 29, 2021 at 6:44 AM Post #810 of 5,675

Great info. How many stock cables of the world have ended up on landfill and in the bin. I’ll tap forza up. They might be able to recable my beloved ultrasone headphones. Are they USA based? I’m in U.K.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back