MEZE AUDIO ELITE - The New Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone - official thread
Mar 19, 2024 at 11:03 AM Post #5,566 of 5,608
Thanks for the impressions! The Duo pads sound like a must buy!

I think someone mentioned before that a Meze representative said at CanJam that they would be releasing them in a few weeks.
Yeah that was me, I talked to one of the reps, I believe his name was Eduard and that's what he told me, I asked to buy a set at the show but he said I could get a new one in a few weeks. The Meze folks are also really nice to talk to and always asking for feedback which is pretty neat.

Mar 30, 2024 at 4:40 PM Post #5,567 of 5,608
Considering a cable update. has anyone tried Forza Audio Noir Hybrid w/Elite? Thanks for any impressions.

Mar 30, 2024 at 6:40 PM Post #5,568 of 5,608
Considering a cable update. has anyone tried Forza Audio Noir Hybrid w/Elite? Thanks for any impressions.
It is difficult to make a good photo about a black cable. Elite_with_Forza_Noire.jpg
It sounds good.
Update from what cable?

Mar 31, 2024 at 12:21 AM Post #5,570 of 5,608
It is difficult to make a good photo about a black cable.
It sounds good.
Update from what cable?
Update would be from Meze's own upgrade cable, silver plated PCUHD. Your listening impressions of the synergy between the Noir Hybrid and Elite would be appreciated, @Newsee!

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2024 at 6:25 AM Post #5,573 of 5,608
Mar 31, 2024 at 11:25 AM Post #5,575 of 5,608
My local dealer only got a Empyrean ll as a Demo. Is there a lot of difference to the Elite? I am considering the Elite but unfortunately I have no possibility to test the headphone…
From what I read the Empy II is a bit more energetic while the Elite is a bit more relaxed with a wider soundstage

Mar 31, 2024 at 11:32 AM Post #5,577 of 5,608
It is difficult to make a good photo about a black cable. Elite_with_Forza_Noire.jpg
It sounds good.
Update from what cable?
I have one of those and actually don't like it. I prefer Periapt.

Mar 31, 2024 at 11:38 AM Post #5,578 of 5,608
My local dealer only got a Empyrean ll as a Demo. Is there a lot of difference to the Elite? I am considering the Elite but unfortunately I have no possibility to test the headphone…
I'd say yes. They still sound quite different.
Both are great but technically the Elite is still superior.

Subjectively for my taste the Elite is also superior, yet I keep both for a different flavor.

I do prefer the feeling of Empyrean IIs Duo pads

Apr 1, 2024 at 2:28 AM Post #5,579 of 5,608
I'd say yes. They still sound quite different.
Both are great but technically the Elite is still superior.

Subjectively for my taste the Elite is also superior, yet I keep both for a different flavor.

I do prefer the feeling of Empyrean IIs Duo pads
Do the Duopads sound good on the Elite? I might get a pair if they will sell it.

Apr 1, 2024 at 3:42 AM Post #5,580 of 5,608
Do the Duopads sound good on the Elite? I might get a pair if they will sell it.

They sound very good on the Elite. Adds a little bit more fun when you need it.

I found the Empyrean II too similar to the Elite for my taste and decided to keep my OG Empyrean to compliment my Elites with a different sound when I want it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back