MEZE AUDIO ELITE - The New Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone - official thread
Apr 15, 2023 at 1:56 PM Post #4,546 of 5,658
Interesting, never heard of the Carmerton Binom. Have you tried them yet? Care to share some impressions?

On another note I am back to my system after 9 days of audio deprivation, and it is a joy. :) IMO proper R2R and proper tubes is the way to pleasure land. I can only afford the entry level bit of the 'proper' ones but I am already very happy. :)
I have received the Camerton today to test. First impression: the first headphone not missing anything in any aspect IMO. I will come back with details in the next days. My X26pro left and waiting for the spring 3 kte and the red coming from Magna hifi.

Apr 15, 2023 at 2:07 PM Post #4,547 of 5,658
Interesting, never heard of the Carmerton Binom. Have you tried them yet? Care to share some impressions?

On another note I am back to my system after 9 days of audio deprivation, and it is a joy. :) IMO proper R2R and proper tubes is the way to pleasure land. I can only afford the entry level bit of the 'proper' ones but I am already very happy. :)
It’s a beautiful thing returning to your system after a period of separation. The sounds wash over you like it was the first time! Tubes are so special! Enjoy!

Apr 15, 2023 at 2:17 PM Post #4,548 of 5,658
It’s a beautiful thing returning to your system after a period of separation. The sounds wash over you like it was the first time! Tubes are so special! Enjoy!
Indeed! A lovely return to the personal audio oasis, most people do not understand, only the weird and friendly folks here on the forums! :)

Apr 15, 2023 at 2:46 PM Post #4,549 of 5,658

I thought about going tubes with Feliks or LTA but had a bad experience with an Allnic T-2000 and decided to opt for the Ferrum combo and I’m quite happy about it.

Apr 15, 2023 at 3:01 PM Post #4,550 of 5,658
I thought about going tubes with Feliks or LTA but had a bad experience with an Allnic T-2000 and decided to opt for the Ferrum combo and I’m quite happy about it.
Ferrum seems to be a safe bet as far as SS goes, although I haven't tried myself. I can only speak for the £$1000-£$4000 category. Tube amps to me seem to vary a lot more than SS amps in regards of synergy/quality/impressing factor. SS quality increase is relatively predictable as you climb the ladder while tube amps stay hit & miss regardless the price depending on your system chain. But in my experience if you hit the sweet spot with tubes, that will make you sell all your SS amps even for twice the price. :wink:

Apr 15, 2023 at 3:05 PM Post #4,551 of 5,658
Ferrum seems to be a safe bet as far as SS goes, although I haven't tried myself. I can only speak for the £$1000-£$4000 category. Tube amps to me seem to vary a lot more than SS amps in regards of synergy/quality/impressing factor. SS quality increase is relatively predictable as you climb the ladder while tube amps stay hit & miss regardless the price depending on your system chain. But in my experience if you hit the sweet spot with tubes, that will make you sell all your SS amps even for twice the price. :wink:
Agree. Just afraid of the headache when tubes may give problems.

Apr 15, 2023 at 3:18 PM Post #4,552 of 5,658
Agree. Just afraid of the headache when tubes may give problems.
Tubes will give problems. You have to be prepared both financially and regarding patience. But when they work they give you bliss unlike any SS amp! :) At least this is my brief experience since I bought my first proper transformer coupled tube amp in January. :)

I owned and loved TT2 and other brilliant SS gear, but the HA-3A with NOS tubes won me over forever. When it comes to technical nuances you can debate what is better or worse, but when it comes to pure emotion, joyful and immersed listening tubes will always win. Of course, as always, there is a price to pay. And I don't necessarily mean financial price. :wink:

Apr 15, 2023 at 5:48 PM Post #4,553 of 5,658
When I got my Elite I instantly used the angled pads I used with my Empyrean. Switched to the hybrid pads now for the last 2 weeks and the do impress me. On Empyrean I used the hybrid pads before I got the angled ones and thought it improved the Empyrean's sound but what the Elite is offering is just better. It's certainly not night and day but it's there. I'm wondering what the angled pads will bring now that I am used to the hybrid pads again.

Apr 15, 2023 at 9:52 PM Post #4,554 of 5,658

No impression, but some interesting history:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cam...amic-planar-magnetic-headphones.956960/page-4

Apr 17, 2023 at 12:16 PM Post #4,555 of 5,658
Hello Folks,
I thought some of you may be interested:
I have just listed my Elite in mint condition from November 2022 with original packaging and invoice.
Plus Lavricables Grand Silver 2M and brand new angled pads!
Just one transaction done so far here but 100% positive feedback on EBay and Reverb with many transactions. I’m not a pro seller 😉

I sell it as I’m moving to Carmerton Binom ER.

Good weekend all!

Interesting move, Carmerton is the "mysterious" isodynamic headphone that has extremely little review around. Wondering how you feel about it from Elite.

I’ve pulled the trigger on the Elite. Comes in on Friday. Hopefully I won’t be disappointed.

🤘

Apr 19, 2023 at 7:41 AM Post #4,558 of 5,658
See some mention “the new pads” is this the same as the Alcantara pads that comes with the elites? It comes with hybrid and and alcantara pads. Or is it something else? Link?

Just placed an order with my dealer and wonder if there is another pad I need in addition.

Is burn in needed for theese cans?

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2023 at 7:43 AM Post #4,559 of 5,658
See some mention “the new pads” is this the same as the Alcantara pads that comes with the elites? It comes with hybrid and and alcantara pads. Or is it something else? Link?
They come with the most recently produced Elites yes, but they replaced the old non angled Alcantara pads.

That means if a dealer has still old stock they might still ship with the non angled pads.
Better to explicitly check with your dealer

Apr 19, 2023 at 9:53 AM Post #4,560 of 5,658
I received mine two days ago and it had the hybrid and angled Alcantara pads.

They definitely need burn in. Upon initial listening they sounded thick like the Empyrean. I’m at about 30 hours now and they sound more like I was expecting. I’m hoping they continue to improve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back