Meze Audio 109 Pro
Dec 17, 2023 at 9:45 PM Post #3,151 of 3,506
I haven't heard the ZMF Atrium or the Sundara, but they are very good with Rock music. If you are treble sensitive, sometimes they can get a little hot up top. For me they are awesome, but I can see why someone might be turned off by them. They have good slam, and top end. The midrange is nice and natural. Some JRock I listen to has the vocals sounding a little far away, but that is due to the recording. Plus they are very comfortable. I can wear them for hours with out any issues. Would highly recommend these headphones.
Hey, really appreciate the insights and feedback - sounds like a great headphone. In the end I decided to go with the ZMF Bokeh as I realize that my home and work situations really demand a closed back, and the introductory price was too good to pass up for a ZMF. I really love my 99 Noir, and will keep an eye out for a good second hand deal for the 109 as it is a sound I really would like to experience, and I have no doubt that build quality and comfort will be absolutely top-notch with Meze. Thanks for sharing and enjoy the listening :)

Dec 17, 2023 at 9:47 PM Post #3,152 of 3,506
Hey, really appreciate the insights and feedback - sounds like a great headphone. In the end I decided to go with the ZMF Bokeh as I realize that my home and work situations really demand a closed back, and the introductory price was too good to pass up for a ZMF. I really love my 99 Noir, and will keep an eye out for a good second hand deal for the 109 as it is a sound I really would like to experience, and I have no doubt that build quality and comfort will be absolutely top-notch with Meze. Thanks for sharing and enjoy the listening :)
How long is the wait gonna be? Please report your impressions in the dedicated Bokeh thread after you spend some time with them.

Dec 17, 2023 at 9:52 PM Post #3,153 of 3,506
How long is the wait gonna be? Please report your impressions in the dedicated Bokeh thread after you spend some time with them.
Will do for sure. Ordered earlier this week so no idea when shipping might happen... Lot's of living vicariously in the Bokeh thread in the meantime (the comments there of more treble presence than the Atticus, and being great synergy with rock and grunge were what tipped me over the edge...or provided me with the self-justification I needed for another ZMF!).

Dec 17, 2023 at 9:56 PM Post #3,154 of 3,506
Will do for sure. Ordered earlier this week so no idea when shipping might happen... Lot's of living vicariously in the Bokeh thread in the meantime (the comments there of more treble presence than the Atticus, and being great synergy with rock and grunge were what tipped me over the edge...or provided me with the self-justification I needed for another ZMF!).
Awesome 👍

Dec 18, 2023 at 8:34 AM Post #3,155 of 3,506
No, problems. Happy to have been any help. This hobby is very personal. I'm happy to hear you were able to find something. I look forward to hearing your experience with the Bokeh. I want to try out a ZMF. Haven't heard one yet.

Dec 18, 2023 at 12:37 PM Post #3,157 of 3,506
No, problems. Happy to have been any help. This hobby is very personal. I'm happy to hear you were able to find something. I look forward to hearing your experience with the Bokeh. I want to try out a ZMF. Haven't heard one yet.
Yeah, it is such a personal journey and so much is about synergy or fit with personal preference etc. I've been lucky in that I haven't encountered anything I radically dislike to date, based on the generosity of insight and feedback from people such as you in this forum and elsewhere.

I really like the ZMFs that I have heard - that natural, organic sound that seems to convey the soul of music (apologies for the terribly subjective words, but it's what comes to mind). I also love the bass quality, and richness of tone...but as I get older I look for something a bit more incisive at times, hence my curiosity for the 109 which sounds intriguing...and the quality of build and comfort that Meze seems to offer is top-class as well. Hopefully I'll get to hear one in the new year- if I do I'll be sure to drop a reply here.

Enjoy the music and thanks again!

Dec 18, 2023 at 2:50 PM Post #3,158 of 3,506
Hello, does anyone here have 109 pro primal headphones, or could someone provide a link to an exact frequency answer? how well do you follow harman target?
Isn't the only difference between the Primal version and the regular version the carving in the cups? Shouldn't the frequency response of the two versions be identical?

Dec 23, 2023 at 5:06 AM Post #3,160 of 3,506
The Meze 109 Pro's have been recommended by the online shop I recently bought my Hiby Pro 2 from.
Have a set of Sundara's on trial at the moment which are a big step up from the B&W P7's I own especially in the mid and highs however am finding them lacking in the bass department, I have been told this is because the Sundara's are not so easy to drive.
Got in touch with my local Richersounds who do not have the 109's for a demo but are getting a pair after the holidays from another branch for me to try out.
From the way you people rate these cans it looks like I shall not be dissapointed, cannot wait to try them.

Dec 23, 2023 at 6:07 AM Post #3,161 of 3,506
The Meze 109 Pro's have been recommended by the online shop I recently bought my Hiby Pro 2 from.
Have a set of Sundara's on trial at the moment which are a big step up from the B&W P7's I own especially in the mid and highs however am finding them lacking in the bass department, I have been told this is because the Sundara's are not so easy to drive.
Got in touch with my local Richersounds who do not have the 109's for a demo but are getting a pair after the holidays from another branch for me to try out.
From the way you people rate these cans it looks like I shall not be dissapointed, cannot wait to try them.
Rest assured, you will not be disappointed, especially when it comes to the bass but also the rest of the frequency spectrum!
You do not have a signature, to list your devices, but I am using them with the Mojo 2 and the FiiO BTR7 (LDAC 990/909kbps) and they sound amazing!

Dec 23, 2023 at 6:22 AM Post #3,162 of 3,506
Have an Ifi Zan Can arriving today just to see how things improve with the Hiby and Sundaras however connecting an amp is not my preference, would prefer to have a player and headphones without the need for an amp so that is why am leaning towards the 109's as they seem to be easily driven and produce great sound on their own.

Dec 23, 2023 at 6:24 AM Post #3,163 of 3,506
Have an Ifi Zan Can arriving today just to see how things improve with the Hiby and Sundaras however connecting an amp is not my preference, would prefer to have a player and headphones without the need for an amp so that is why am leaning towards the 109's as they seem to be easily driven and produce great sound on their own.
I use the Qudelix 5K when I’m on the move and would highly recommend it if you want the benefits of amplification without being tied down.

Dec 23, 2023 at 6:31 AM Post #3,164 of 3,506
Not going to be on the move, only listen to music indoors in one particular room.
Can appreciate that an amp will improve the sound immensely however would prefer to just have a player and headphones if possible.
So hoping that the Hiby and 109's will work well without an amp, just have to wait and try them out.

Dec 23, 2023 at 2:34 PM Post #3,165 of 3,506
Hi guys, I'm currently looking to upgrade my Beyerdynamic T90. I'm not quite sure what exactly it should be. My focus is of course primarily on the sound, but aesthetics and build quality are also high on my list.

Of course, the Meze 109 Pro, the Denon 9200 and the new Fostex TH616 immediately come to mind. You read a lot of good things about the Meze, as well as the Denon. The Fostex is rather poor.

As far as music is concerned, I listen to a lot of singer-songwriters (e.g. Dermot Kennedy), acoustic and occasionally something in the classical or pop genre.

Could be the 109 a kinda perfect can for me?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back