Meze Audio 109 Pro
Dec 9, 2023 at 12:47 PM Post #3,136 of 3,500
Cables are among the top "customer juicing" products available :beyersmile:

Audioquest, among others, know this very well.
Exactly, especially when you get a top-quality cable and phenomenal customer service from Jeremy at Audiophile Ninja for $60-80 per cable. Meanwhile, some of these other companies are charging well into the triple digits.

Markup City.

Dec 9, 2023 at 2:52 PM Post #3,137 of 3,500
Does anyone have experience listening to both the 109 Pro and JAR600? I'd be curious about how they compare, primarily in terms of imaging, staging, and treble resolution

Dec 9, 2023 at 3:23 PM Post #3,138 of 3,500
Hey all- I wonder how these sound with rock music? I have a Sundara and ZMF Auteur but itching for something a bit different in my open backs - wondering if this might be it (in order to take my temptation away from the ZMF Atrium or Hifiman Arya for example)...any insights much appreciated!

Dec 11, 2023 at 2:52 PM Post #3,139 of 3,500
Just wanted to stop in and say thanks to everyone who’s contributed to this thread. It played a major role in me picking up an open box pair from headphones.com

They just arrived and while I’ve only been listening for 20 minutes connected to my Qudelix 5K, I’m already in love 😍

Wish the cables were as nice as the rest of the package but god these are beautiful and I can’t wait to grow more attached track after track.

If you have any recommendations other than “burning them in” I’m all ears!

Dec 15, 2023 at 9:26 AM Post #3,140 of 3,500
Just wanted to stop in and say thanks to everyone who’s contributed to this thread. It played a major role in me picking up an open box pair from headphones.com

They just arrived and while I’ve only been listening for 20 minutes connected to my Qudelix 5K, I’m already in love 😍

Wish the cables were as nice as the rest of the package but god these are beautiful and I can’t wait to grow more attached track after track.

If you have any recommendations other than “burning them in” I’m all ears!
Congratulations on you pick up. They are awesome headphones. There isn't much you have to do, but burn it in. I have been using it with my A&K Kann (original), and the Chord Mojo 2. They sound great, especially as a traveling headphone when I go out to sea. They even sounded decent out of my Sony Xperia.

Dec 15, 2023 at 5:24 PM Post #3,141 of 3,500
Hey all- I wonder how these sound with rock music? I have a Sundara and ZMF Auteur but itching for something a bit different in my open backs - wondering if this might be it (in order to take my temptation away from the ZMF Atrium or Hifiman Arya for example)...any insights much appreciated!
i dont know much about rock bands. but i mainly listen to bands like hammerfall, sabaton, Rammstein etc. and they sound great on these if not amazing. it is a snappy and fun headphone so i think you should be good to go

Dec 16, 2023 at 3:44 AM Post #3,142 of 3,500
I haven't heard the ZMF Atrium or the Sundara, but they are very good with Rock music. If you are treble sensitive, sometimes they can get a little hot up top. For me they are awesome, but I can see why someone might be turned off by them. They have good slam, and top end. The midrange is nice and natural. Some JRock I listen to has the vocals sounding a little far away, but that is due to the recording. Plus they are very comfortable. I can wear them for hours with out any issues. Would highly recommend these headphones.

Dec 16, 2023 at 4:00 AM Post #3,143 of 3,500
I haven't heard the ZMF Atrium or the Sundara, but they are very good with Rock music. If you are treble sensitive, sometimes they can get a little hot up top. For me they are awesome, but I can see why someone might be turned off by them. They have good slam, and top end. The midrange is nice and natural. Some JRock I listen to has the vocals sounding a little far away, but that is due to the recording. Plus they are very comfortable. I can wear them for hours with out any issues. Would highly recommend these headphones.
Hot on top as in the upper treble, or lower treble - upper mids?

Dec 16, 2023 at 4:10 AM Post #3,144 of 3,500
Hot on top as in the upper treble, or lower treble - upper mids?
Lower tremble. On some of the tracks I listen to I can hear it getting a little aggressive, but it doesn't bother me.

Dec 16, 2023 at 7:20 AM Post #3,146 of 3,500
It doesn't bother me, but I can see how some will think it is a little aggressive.

Dec 16, 2023 at 1:23 PM Post #3,148 of 3,500
can you give me an example of what tracks can get aggressive on the meze?
Streaming Tidal on my FiiO M11 Pro with no EQ. I have a test playlist that includes different genres:

https://tidal.com/browse/playlist/fa6622ac-b9ca-4482-97a4-24e6480b4449

The 109 Pro handles all these tracks nicely without sounding aggressive to my ears.

For your ears you can try a few lively tracks such as

Ana Popovic "Like it On Top" -- sibilance test
David Bowie "Ziggy Stardust" - treble hot
Meghan Trainer "Woman Up"
Taylor Swift's "You Need To Calm Down" or
Cowboy Junkies "Sweet Jane" or
Dua Lipa "Don't Start Now"
The Axel F theme from Beverly Hills Cop
Fleetwood Mac "Dreams"

I use this playlist to test Bass quality:

https://tidal.com/browse/playlist/7aa816c0-d5a0-483d-9758-794a71b8e7d1

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2023 at 9:02 AM Post #3,149 of 3,500
i am so into the bass quality of the 109 pro it is the most fun i ever had with a pair of headphone.
it sometimes feels like it got the energy of a planar bass

what dac/amp would you think would scale best with the 109?

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2023 at 9:08 PM Post #3,150 of 3,500
The Meze 109 Pro headphones do very well balanced from Lotoo Paw Gold Touch. They sound better the longer I have owned them. I don't know if burn in is a thing with these headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back