Meze Audio 109 Pro
Oct 6, 2023 at 10:20 PM Post #2,942 of 3,500
Did Lucius Fox make that version for you? I had to look three or four times to see if something was off in the picture because I didn’t think the 109 Pro came in black.
Exclusive to some German stores can be exported to other countries with VAT and shipping obvs.

IMO they look gooood, better than the original by far - but that's just me, not a fan of copper, brass or gold accents on pretty much anything!

Attachments

• Meze 109 Pro 2.jpg
    Meze 109 Pro 2.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Meze 109 Pro...png
    Meze 109 Pro...png
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 6, 2023 at 10:25 PM Post #2,943 of 3,500
Exclusive to some German stores

IMO they look gooood, better than the original by far - but that's just me, not a fan of copper, brass or gold accents on pretty much anything!
I love the walnut, but I’m with you 100% on the hardware. I prefer it in black. If I can’t have that, I’ll take slightly lighter black.

Oct 6, 2023 at 10:33 PM Post #2,945 of 3,500
I love the copper, black, and gold of the Meze line. I think the Empyrean is one of the finest looking headphones yet. The OG 109 Pro is also absolutely gorgeous. I prefer black audio gear, but when it comes to headphones, black, wood, gold, and copper makes my heart sing. I wish I liked listening to my 99 Classics as much as I like looking at them though.

Oct 6, 2023 at 10:37 PM Post #2,946 of 3,500
I love the copper, black, and gold of the Meze line. I think the Empyrean is one of the finest looking headphones yet. The OG 109 Pro is also absolutely gorgeous. I prefer black audio gear, but when it comes to headphones, black, wood, gold, and copper makes my heart sing. I wish I liked listening to my 99 Classics as much as I like looking at them though.
Yup, perhaps I'm in the minority. Each to their own, different strokes for different folks! Choice is a good thing...

Oct 7, 2023 at 3:55 AM Post #2,948 of 3,500
My opinion after the 5 hours of listening - 109pro aren't suitable for the portable usage.
Desktop powerful system - is what they require.
That's why I didn't hear speed/dynamic, especially on the low end previously.
I was able to hear the 109s with a stationary amp/DAC ($5000), and to me, the experience was very similar to the one I have with my iBasso DC04Pro. I didn’t hear anything special or too different. But this is my limited experience of several minutes with this device. Maybe it’s more about synergy, what is your stationary equipment and what is your portable one?

Oct 7, 2023 at 5:45 AM Post #2,949 of 3,500
Maybe it’s more about synergy, what is your stationary equipment and what is your portable one?
Im far from home to test 109 on my stationary equipment. But I made that conclusion based on what I hear with Fiio M17. Best result can be achieved only on desktop mode - you can feel air, fast attacks and deep low end with the well defined shapes. So I think more power then m17 can bring will do things even better.
With the hiby r3 or m17 with low gain I hear typical lacking of power and sound control - no low end, slow dynamic, no air, no shapes, just middle range focusing presentation.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2023 at 6:50 AM Post #2,950 of 3,500
With the hiby r3 or m17 with low gain I hear typical lacking of power and sound control - no low end, slow dynamic, no air, no shapes, just middle range focusing presentation.
Don't own one, but after high gain on the M17 there's over-ear headphone mode on battery and enhanced headphone mode on mains power... Have you not tried these settings? On SE output with enhanced mode you should be looking at around 900mW-1W of power... Parameters
Fiio.png

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2023 at 7:08 AM Post #2,951 of 3,500
I have a Lamicall headphone stand. It is made for the headphone band. With a little trickery, you can also put the 109 Pro on the metal frame.

What do you think, is it safe to put the headphones on the band for a long time? Or will the band wear out?

Oct 7, 2023 at 8:50 AM Post #2,954 of 3,500
I have a Lamicall headphone stand. It is made for the headphone band. With a little trickery, you can also put the 109 Pro on the metal frame.

What do you think, is it safe to put the headphones on the band for a long time? Or will the band wear out?
I have the same headphone stand in white. I am always placing them on the metal frame.

Users who are viewing this thread

• slt
Back