Meze Audio 109 Pro
Sep 27, 2023 at 3:58 PM Post #2,896 of 3,500
Just got a new ones. Cannot say Im 100% satisfied with the build quality. Regarding the sound impression - giving to drivers some time for burning-in, will see later. As for now - pretty calm and flat signature, that is good for me.
IMG_20230927_142915.jpg
I sure would not know what to say against the build and materials...for me they are top notch feeling and comfort.
As for the sound, give them a good 100 to 150 burn-in will reveal their true nature.

Sep 29, 2023 at 6:04 AM Post #2,898 of 3,500
Screenshot_20230929_120300_Facebook.jpg

Soon in a headphone Shop near you

https://mezeaudio.com/collections/all/products/109-pro-primal

Sep 29, 2023 at 6:54 AM Post #2,899 of 3,500
Greetings, audiophile friends!

With great pride, we share with you something truly special – a shard containing the essence of our cultural heritage.
Introducing the Meze Audio 109 PRO PRIMAL: where woodworking mastery meets audio excellence.

Media Kit_Primal 5.jpg

The 109 PRO PRIMAL is a very special edition of its award-winning 109 PRO headphones and the latest addition to the exclusive Meze Audio Art Gallery collection.

These headphones are handmade by Meze Audio’s skilled artisans, drawing from a proud wood crafting heritage, combined with cutting-edge audio technology and a sustainable design, for a timeless blend of performance and elegance.

Media Kit_Primal 14.jpg

The walnut ear cup frames are chiselled groove by groove and delicately sanded to ensure the smoothest feel, before having a coat of linseed oil applied. This final touch infuses the wood with a natural, matte texture that accentuates the wood grain and restores its innate, captivating colour.

Like all Meze Audio headphones, Primal is painstakingly crafted following the principle of "Graba strică treaba" - a Romanian expression translating to "Haste ruins the work" in English. It emphasizes the importance of taking one's time and paying careful attention to detail to achieve exceptional results.

This new edition also follows Meze Audio’s commitment to sustainability. The headphones are designed to be taken apart and serviced endlessly if ever needed, which can extend the product's life beyond limit. From cables to ear cups and beyond, every element can be replaced.

Finally, you’re not sacrificing performance for principles, either: 109 Pro Primal features the same technology as the original 109 Pro, which has just been named Best Headphones 2023-2024 by the audio experts in the global EISA Awards.

Find out more details on Meze Audio's official webpage.

Last edited:
Meze Audio Design. Comfort. Sound. True audio. Stay updated on Meze Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/mezeaudio https://twitter.com/mezeaudio https://www.instagram.com/mezeaudio/ https://www.mezeaudio.com/ marketing@mezeaudio.com
Sep 29, 2023 at 7:44 AM Post #2,900 of 3,500
Somebody had free time and a chisel :beyersmile:

Perhaps it is heritage, but to me, the original (non heritage) version is far more elegant and stylistically coherent.

Sep 29, 2023 at 7:53 AM Post #2,901 of 3,500
Greetings, audiophile friends!

With great pride, we share with you something truly special – a shard containing the essence of our cultural heritage.
Introducing the Meze Audio 109 PRO PRIMAL: where woodworking mastery meets audio excellence.

Media Kit_Primal 5.jpg

The 109 PRO PRIMAL is a very special edition of its award-winning 109 PRO headphones and the latest addition to the exclusive Meze Audio Art Gallery collection.

These headphones are handmade by Meze Audio’s skilled artisans, drawing from a proud wood crafting heritage, combined with cutting-edge audio technology and a sustainable design, for a timeless blend of performance and elegance.

Media Kit_Primal 14.jpg

The walnut ear cup frames are chiselled groove by groove and delicately sanded to ensure the smoothest feel, before having a coat of linseed oil applied. This final touch infuses the wood with a natural, matte texture that accentuates the wood grain and restores its innate, captivating colour.

Like all Meze Audio headphones, Primal is painstakingly crafted following the principle of "Graba strică treaba" - a Romanian expression translating to "Haste ruins the work" in English. It emphasizes the importance of taking one's time and paying careful attention to detail to achieve exceptional results.

This new edition also follows Meze Audio’s commitment to sustainability. The headphones are designed to be taken apart and serviced endlessly if ever needed, which can extend the product's life beyond limit. From cables to ear cups and beyond, every element can be replaced.

Finally, you’re not sacrificing performance for principles, either: 109 Pro Primal features the same technology as the original 109 Pro, which has just been named Best Headphones 2023-2024 by the audio experts in the global EISA Awards.

Find out more details on Meze Audio's official webpage.
Pretty Design.
I prefer still my black Walnut version, but you certainly know how to create aesthetically pleasing headphones.

Maybe one day a flagship with wooden cups and electrostatic drivers

Sep 29, 2023 at 12:58 PM Post #2,906 of 3,500
Sometimes I have strange associations.
cisel-poles2.jpg

Sep 29, 2023 at 2:56 PM Post #2,907 of 3,500
So, I need a final push to buy these headphones. In Poland, where I live (but I’m Spanish), there is a promotion in almost every audio store with a price drop of 33%, so the final price is around 600 euros. I have the balanced cable from Meze and an Ibasso balance DAC that I normally use with my beloved Meze 99 Classics. I’m wondering if the 109 Pro would be a huge step up from my 99’s? I really like the sound of the 99’s with the Dekoni pads, and sometimes I’m still very impressed with the quality and good sounding music they provide. It’s like a perfect experience for me. The price is not a problem, but… is it necessary? Is it worth the upgrade?

Thanks in advance.

Sep 29, 2023 at 3:01 PM Post #2,908 of 3,500
So, I need a final push to buy these headphones. In Poland, where I live (but I’m Spanish), there is a promotion in almost every audio store with a price drop of 33%, so the final price is around 600 euros. I have the balanced cable from Meze and an Ibasso balance DAC that I normally use with my beloved Meze 99 Classics. I’m wondering if the 109 Pro would be a huge step up from my 99’s? I really like the sound of the 99’s with the Dekoni pads, and sometimes I’m still very impressed with the quality and good sounding music they provide. It’s like a perfect experience for me. The price is not a problem, but… is it necessary? Is it worth the upgrade?

Thanks in advance.
IMO the 109Pro is a big upgrade from the 99 Classics.

Sep 29, 2023 at 3:28 PM Post #2,909 of 3,500

Thanks in advance.
They're very different headphones. The 99 Classics are colored heavily toward bass -- sub-bass, bass and mid-bass. The 109 Pro are more balanced, with some reporting a bit of tilt toward the treble.

Sep 29, 2023 at 3:40 PM Post #2,910 of 3,500

Thanks in advance.
Do any of those stores happen to ship internationally too? Kind of interested too. I live in The Netherlands

Users who are viewing this thread

Back