Meze Audio 109 Pro
Jun 14, 2023 at 2:51 AM Post #2,402 of 3,591
If I may ask, how are they in games in comparison to some other cans you've tried?
Hi, They do very well as they have great imaging. I couldn't find any headphone I preferred to my modded HD800 but these have the same clarity to the vocals that I love with more warmth in the bass that works well for gaming.
Dont get me wrong powered correctly the HD800 can kick hard too (on trance and electronic music that has more low end frequencies)

My set up is Xbox - Dolby Surround App - Steelseries GameDAC - Niimbus US 5 Pro - headphone's and Antlion ModMic

I havent been able to prize them off my head since I got these apart from checking the levels of vocals with the HD800 when making mash ups for my DJ sets.
For my tastes they are amazing for music and gaming.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2023 at 5:39 AM Post #2,403 of 3,591
Anyone have a solution to the microphonic/resonance of the 109 Pro's metal headband?

When I speak, my voice creates a resonance in the headband that I can hear. Same with some notes in music, and same when I move my head sometimes. Pressing down on the headband dampens/removed the resonance, but that's not really a practical solution.
I am not observing anything like what you mention. I am wearing my 109 Pro right now, connected to my FiiO BTR7 and listening to music. I am using the cable you can see in my signature. I am talking and I cannot even hear my voice, as I am listening with volume at 30 (max=60). Nothing like a " microphonic/resonance" on my 109 Pro.

Jun 14, 2023 at 6:24 AM Post #2,404 of 3,591
Jun 14, 2023 at 11:31 AM Post #2,405 of 3,591
I am not observing anything like what you mention. I am wearing my 109 Pro right now, connected to my FiiO BTR7 and listening to music. I am using the cable you can see in my signature. I am talking and I cannot even hear my voice, as I am listening with volume at 30 (max=60). Nothing like a " microphonic/resonance" on my 109 Pro.

Thanks for the feedback. If you tap your headband while wearing the headphones, do you hear anything?

Jun 14, 2023 at 12:35 PM Post #2,406 of 3,591
Hi, They do very well as they have great imaging. I couldn't find any headphone I preferred to my modded HD800 but these have the same clarity to the vocals that I love with more warmth in the bass that works well for gaming.
Dont get me wrong powered correctly the HD800 can kick hard too (on trance and electronic music that has more low end frequencies)

It's interesting that you've mentioned HD 800. I've used these for FPS games for years when I had time to actually do that. Good 'ol days. HD 800 worked wondes then. Thanks!

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Jun 14, 2023 at 1:36 PM Post #2,407 of 3,591
Thanks for the feedback. If you tap your headband while wearing the headphones, do you hear anything?
You are welcome. I am wearing them right now, a song is playing and I am tapping the headband but I cannot hear anything besides the music playing. I can feel the tapping, of course, but I cannot hear it. Just the music playing.

Jun 14, 2023 at 2:41 PM Post #2,408 of 3,591
You are welcome. I am wearing them right now, a song is playing and I am tapping the headband but I cannot hear anything besides the music playing. I can feel the tapping, of course, but I cannot hear it. Just the music playing.
When did you purchase your 109 Pro? I purchased mine in December, 2022. I wonder if Meze added dampening to recent builds.

Jun 14, 2023 at 2:46 PM Post #2,409 of 3,591
Last edited:
Jun 14, 2023 at 3:13 PM Post #2,411 of 3,591
If I tap the metal construction of the headband I hear resonance in the cups, not sure if that’s what you’re referring to though.
In the case that it is, I dont see how they could feasibly solve it. I personally don’t get bothered by it, but then in the setting where I use my 109’s they dont really collide with anything.

Jun 14, 2023 at 4:26 PM Post #2,412 of 3,591
If I tap the metal construction of the headband I hear resonance in the cups, not sure if that’s what you’re referring to though.
In the case that it is, I dont see how they could feasibly solve it. I personally don’t get bothered by it, but then in the setting where I use my 109’s they dont really collide with anything.
Yes, that's what I'm referring to. Tapping it creates an audible ping/ring. For me, this also happens when I talk and/or move my head.

Jun 14, 2023 at 5:25 PM Post #2,413 of 3,591
Yes, that's what I'm referring to. Tapping it creates an audible ping/ring. For me, this also happens when I talk and/or move my head.
I strongly suggest you to email Meze, describing in detail what you are experiencing. I have never experienced anything like what you mention. My use of the 109 Pro is purely portable. I am using my BTR7, occasionally my Mojo 2 as well, and I am moving inside my property doing various things. Going up and down the stairs all the time. Sometimes, I am also singing along, too. The only thing I am hearing, with all this movement, is the music and nothing else. I have never heard any ping/ring/pop/click or anything else. Just the Music.

Jun 15, 2023 at 3:26 PM Post #2,414 of 3,591
Oh my these are gorgeous

IMG_1863.JPGIMG_1865.JPGIMG_1866.JPGIMG_1867.JPGIMG_1869.JPG
IMG_1872.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back