Meze Audio 109 Pro
Apr 22, 2023 at 4:06 AM Post #2,281 of 3,467
Thank you, I have sent them a screenshot of the upgrade Meze cable from the website, in which the contact pins are clearly visible. Additionally, I have just messaged them, asking them to be careful regarding the narrow sockets. After all this, I think they will understand.
Inspired by you I also ordered the same cable. The seller just sent me a picture of the finished product and said they will be shipping the cable soon. Let's see :).

S8c6b84d74ba64338a41985c1b02ec3a6m.jpg

Apr 22, 2023 at 8:19 AM Post #2,283 of 3,467
Inspired by you I also ordered the same cable. The seller just sent me a picture of the finished product and said they will be shipping the cable soon. Let's see :).

S8c6b84d74ba64338a41985c1b02ec3a6m.jpg
That's great! :)
My cable was shipped today, I am expecting it around mid May!
The HAKUGEI Official Store on Ali has not sent me any picture, not that I asked it. It looks great!
Let's hope this cable will work well with the Meze 109 Pro

Apr 28, 2023 at 3:07 PM Post #2,284 of 3,467
I've received the HAKUGEI Healer cable yesterday. Super fast delivery from the Official HAKUGEI store on AliExpress, shipped on April 22, arrived in the UK on April 27!

It is an amazing cable! I cannot believe how much better my 109 Pro sounds! The detail retrieval is unbelievable, the bass got stronger and more prominent, the midrange is crystal clear and the treble is just fantastic! What I fail to understand and I cannot believe is how can everything sound so unbelievably nice! I mean, I am listening using my FiiO BTR7, so LDAC. Everything, from my own .WAV files via UAPP, to Amazon Music to YouTube Premium, everything sounds super musical, detailed, balanced, super spacious, harmonious! Absolutely fabulous!! :) :)

Attachments

• Healer.jpg
    Healer.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Apr 28, 2023 at 3:18 PM Post #2,285 of 3,467
Cables are crazy. I once had a cable turn my set of dynamic cans into a set of planars the sound was so different

Apr 28, 2023 at 3:39 PM Post #2,286 of 3,467
Cables are crazy. I once had a cable turn my set of dynamic cans into a set of planars the sound was so different

LoL however the HAKUGEI looks very nice!

Apr 28, 2023 at 8:54 PM Post #2,288 of 3,467
Needs bass eq for fun! Sounds good to listen to.

Apr 28, 2023 at 9:03 PM Post #2,289 of 3,467
The added bass creates a collapse of openness of stage. You will get use to either quickly.

Apr 30, 2023 at 3:58 PM Post #2,290 of 3,467
I've received the HAKUGEI Healer cable yesterday. Super fast delivery from the Official HAKUGEI store on AliExpress, shipped on April 22, arrived in the UK on April 27!

It is an amazing cable! I cannot believe how much better my 109 Pro sounds! The detail retrieval is unbelievable, the bass got stronger and more prominent, the midrange is crystal clear and the treble is just fantastic! What I fail to understand and I cannot believe is how can everything sound so unbelievably nice! I mean, I am listening using my FiiO BTR7, so LDAC. Everything, from my own .WAV files via UAPP, to Amazon Music to YouTube Premium, everything sounds super musical, detailed, balanced, super spacious, harmonious! Absolutely fabulous!! :) :)
Sounds good. I'm happy for you! Though I did not expect the cable to have that big of an effect on sound. But now I'm very eager to try it out myself in a couple of weeks.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2023 at 4:21 PM Post #2,291 of 3,467
I can not peal these off my head ever since getting them, a very enticing sound.
A bargain at this price.

Apr 30, 2023 at 4:23 PM Post #2,292 of 3,467

Great looking cable. I have been using the Meze silver plated upgrade cable and wondering to see how this one might change some of the sound signature.

Apr 30, 2023 at 6:03 PM Post #2,294 of 3,467
I have the Meze LIRIC. How do the 109 Pro sound versus them? Curious.
This hobby is difficult. Every person hears differently. I had the Empyrean while it was on tour. I kept going back to my $500 Shure SRH1540 headphones. I have the Meze 109 Pro and LOVE them, more than Empyrean. I will have many taking a huge opposing view. The Shures and the 109s are the end of my journey.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2023 at 6:47 PM Post #2,295 of 3,467
This hobby is difficult. Every person hears differently. I had the Empyrean while it was on tour. I kept going back to my $500 Shure SRH1540 headphones. I have the Meze 109 Pro and LOVE them, more than Empyrean. I will have many taking a huge opposing view. The Shures and the 109s are the end of my journey.
Agreed. I've read where some folks preferred the Liric. But I've been through the planar merry-go-round and I'm pretty much done with them.

I bought and sold every planar I've owned, including the Elite and Expanse, both MUCH more expensive and by conventional wisdom were "better" than the 109 Pro. I'm definitely not afraid to spend the money for gear if the performance is there. Yet here I am with only the 109 Pros left. They do everything I ask of them and quite frankly I much prefer their sound to those other headphones anyway, regardless of price.

I've said it before, if Meze releases another open dynamic headphone with larger diaphragm (60-70mm?) and similar tuning to the 109 Pro, I'll be first in line. But otherwise, I have zero interest in any other headphones. The 109s are the end of my journey as well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back