Meze Audio 109 Pro
Jan 13, 2023 at 5:08 AM Post #1,396 of 3,465
I have Chord Mojo 2 and 109 are very tempting to add into mix.. it's a problem to test them locally at my location.
Anyone have more comments how is their synergy with Mojo 2?

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2023 at 5:33 AM Post #1,397 of 3,465
I have Chord Mojo 2 and 109 are very tempting to add into mix.. it's a problem to test them locally at my location.
Great.
The Mojo 2 is neutral - transparent but still musical and analogue sounding, they pair well and drives them with authority.

Jan 13, 2023 at 5:35 AM Post #1,398 of 3,465
Probably high-end in a pocket

Jan 13, 2023 at 7:36 AM Post #1,401 of 3,465
Hello black walnut 109 pro
20230113_132906.jpg

Impressions will follow

Attachments

• 20230113_132916.jpg
    20230113_132916.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 0
Jan 13, 2023 at 8:59 AM Post #1,405 of 3,465
I have Mojo 2 and 109, very very good!

Jan 13, 2023 at 10:41 AM Post #1,407 of 3,465
Hi.
I enjoyed replacing the cables, so I'll summarize briefly.

Note:
It's a machine translation, so you may feel uncomfortable, feeling!
Cables change the "impression of sound", but "upgrades" are different for everyone.
I am not savvy enough to give a detailed sound description. My focus is on impressions and ease of use.

Summary of cable impressions(SE)
Three bottles were compared.
・stock
・meze PUCHD Copper
・ForzaAudio Noir HPC mk2

Comparison of sound (sound field, treble, mids, bass)
・stock
The sound field of STOCK is based on the image of a perfect circle.
The bass to treble of STOCK is resolved and yet heard as a mass.

・meze PUCHD Copper
PUCHD extends the sound field from left to right and up and down. It is the image of an extended perfect circle. (A space that seems to go up, down, left, and right.)
The bass to treble is more organized and separated into individual grains of sound.
Drums and strings are tightened, and resonance and reverberation are impressive but not extraordinarily residual.

・ForzaAudio Noir HPC mk2
The Noir Mk2 has a slightly wider circle top and bottom, and even more so to the left and right. It is an elliptical image. (A live stage that extends left and right.)
Compared to PCUHD, there is more lingering and resonance in the sound. Copper sound.
It may suit electronic sounds and less orchestral instruments.
Resolution but enveloping sound. reminded me of meze99C.

Conclusion
I have not tried silver plating or hybrids.
The PUCHD and Noir Mk2 sound great, although I expect the highs to shine and be more detailed based on my impression of the wire.
The soundstage is not balanced, but SE is adequate.

You can have fun with Stock, but buying cables for intellectual curiosity is a good hobby.
Stock is good too!

P.S. Touch noise
More > Noir > PUCHD > Stock > Less
meze109 picks up noise easily.

Stock's coating may not look great, but it is excellent.
PUCHD is a little noisy to the touch.
Noir cloth was more than expected. (I recommend Claire)

Stock is very good!

Jan 13, 2023 at 3:08 PM Post #1,409 of 3,465
Yeah, with cable burn-in we hit the bottom I fear :D
I am sorry to upset you, but you are mislead. Your fear has no base. You cannot hit the bottom, because this topic is bottomless.
Just think about power cable burn in, power cable burn in of the power conditioner, silicon case burn in etc...

Joke aside - at the beginning of my jurney burn-in sounded like a stupidity. Since then I have experienced iem burn-in, DAP(!) burn-in. Cable burn-in not yet, but each of my new cable was coming with at least one another new element in the chain. Or my ears will not be sensitive enough. We will see.

Galileo was almost burned in, because he believed in something that others did not - at that time. Later on it turned out that he was closer to reality. So who can be sure?

Jan 13, 2023 at 4:19 PM Post #1,410 of 3,465
I am sorry to upset you, but you are mislead. Your fear has no base. You cannot hit the bottom, because this topic is bottomless.
Just think about power cable burn in, power cable burn in of the power conditioner, silicon case burn in etc...

Joke aside - at the beginning of my jurney burn-in sounded like a stupidity. Since then I have experienced iem burn-in, DAP(!) burn-in. Cable burn-in not yet, but each of my new cable was coming with at least one another new element in the chain. Or my ears will not be sensitive enough. We will see.

Galileo was almost burned in, because he believed in something that others did not - at that time. Later on it turned out that he was closer to reality. So who can be sure?
Galileo was fighting misconceptions. He was not suggesting them like cable tuners, burners, sellers do.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back