Meze Audio 109 Pro
May 31, 2022 at 6:24 AM Post #77 of 3,467
Very curious about these, they look very good and more importantly incredibly comfortable, which I've realized is a major deal for me. I love a warm sound, but I think Meze will have a lot to prove after the 99Cs and their weirdly bloated but also hollow/distant sound, though, especially if the rumoured price point ends up being true.

Fingers crossed the headphones end up being good and maybe not that expensive either, though.

Jun 3, 2022 at 11:22 AM Post #78 of 3,467
Headphone Show did an interview with Antonio Meze

Jun 3, 2022 at 1:00 PM Post #80 of 3,467
Sounds like DMS and Resolve like the 109 so much that it has me concerned (there's not enough bass) :D
haha assuming we don't like bass would probably be a mistake - or at least in my case, I can't speak for DMS. From hearing it at the show, there's a familiarity with the downslope and emphasized midbass of other Meze products. So if you like that about them, that's here too. For me though it just sounded more balanced than the 99 overall, which is great.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Jun 3, 2022 at 1:06 PM Post #81 of 3,467
haha assuming we don't like bass would probably be a mistake - or at least in my case, I can't speak for DMS. From hearing it at the show, there's a familiarity with the downslope and emphasized midbass of other Meze products. So if you like that about them, that's here too. For me though it just sounded more balanced than the 99 overall, which is great.
How did the upper mids and lower treble compare to the 99 Classics when you listened? Would you refer to them as dark, neutral, or bright?

Jun 3, 2022 at 1:16 PM Post #82 of 3,467
How did the upper mids and lower treble compare to the 99 Classics when you listened? Would you refer to them as dark, neutral, or bright?

So it's hard to tell from show conditions and all, and a very brief listen - but it sounded like there was some decent presence in the upper mids, as well as some upper treble lift, which served to balance out the generally warm tilt. So my subjective take is that it had a gentle downslope, with still some upper mid presence (I could always be wrong about that, as a lot of this depends on what you're listening for and the tracks you have available), and then smooth mid treble with a slight emphasis above 10khz. That's what my "snapshot" listen indicated, but of course without measuring or spending time with it over a longer period of time I also wouldn't be at all surprised for the reality to be a bit different.

So in a way, maybe the safer thing to say based on my brief impression is that it sounded like it had some pleasant coloration, but in a way that's solid. I get why Antonio phrased it as "joyful listening" haha.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Jun 4, 2022 at 3:22 PM Post #84 of 3,467
Having heard these briefly, I think they're worth owning and should fill a nice spot in the Meze lineup.

Jun 6, 2022 at 6:49 AM Post #85 of 3,467
I'm pretty hyped after seeing the few teasers. I look forward to seeing pricing, release date and then review soon. If everything looks positive I'm definitely going to be adding the 109s to my collection. I love my 99 classics so the idea of having a more refined open back pair is very appealing

Jun 9, 2022 at 12:33 PM Post #86 of 3,467
Meze shared some photos:

Meze Audio HighEnd Munich 2022-42.jpg

Attachments

• Meze Audio HighEnd Munich 2022-43.jpg
    Meze Audio HighEnd Munich 2022-43.jpg
    7 MB · Views: 0
  • Meze Audio HighEnd Munich 2022-39.jpg
    Meze Audio HighEnd Munich 2022-39.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 0
  • Meze Audio @ High End Munich 2022 7.jpg
    Meze Audio @ High End Munich 2022 7.jpg
    7.1 MB · Views: 0
  • Meze Audio @ High End Munich 2022 4.jpg
    Meze Audio @ High End Munich 2022 4.jpg
    7.7 MB · Views: 0
Jun 9, 2022 at 1:10 PM Post #88 of 3,467
Meze has a real knack like no other for making headphones that both sound and look great

Users who are viewing this thread

Back