Meze Audio 109 Pro
May 29, 2022 at 7:37 PM Post #61 of 3,483
You mean the XLR jacks goes in the earcups?
On this new headphone, the cup termination appears to be 3.5mm, like the 99 Classics. The only copper cables on the Meze Website are for the big kid cans, which use XLR cup inserts. Unless I missed something. I've been using the silver cable with 3.5mm jacks for a few years now. They fit almost everything I own.

May 29, 2022 at 7:44 PM Post #62 of 3,483
On this new headphone, the cup termination appears to be 3.5mm, like the 99 Classics. The only copper cables on the Meze Website are for the big kid cans, which use XLR cup inserts. Unless I missed something. I've been using the silver cable with 3.5mm jacks for a few years now. They fit almost everything I own.
Why are copper cables usually limited to XLR cup inserts? Is there any specific reason?

May 29, 2022 at 8:21 PM Post #64 of 3,483
I don't think they typically are. Seems Meze just reserved their highest quality cable for their high end cans. Looks like that is going to change soon.
Ah I see. How is it going too change? Because of 109 Pro, Meze will finally add copper cables to their webstore?

I might sound like a sucker but such cables will have to look pretty for pretty headphones, otherwise it would ruin the view.

May 29, 2022 at 9:52 PM Post #65 of 3,483
Ah I see. How is it going too change? Because of 109 Pro, Meze will finally add copper cables to their webstore?

I might sound like a sucker but such cables will have to look pretty for pretty headphones, otherwise it would ruin the view.
It will change because they will add the 3.5mm option to the copper cable... I'm assuming, based on pictures.
You can always have a custom cable designed. A lot of people have cables made to match their headphones.

May 29, 2022 at 11:09 PM Post #66 of 3,483
It will change because they will add the 3.5mm option to the copper cable... I'm assuming, based on pictures.
You can always have a custom cable designed. A lot of people have cables made to match their headphones.
They have to eventually.

What about the EU? The options are pretty limited here and so far I know that have better ones is Forza Audio or something. I forgot their names.

May 30, 2022 at 2:50 PM Post #68 of 3,483
Beryllium and some type of carbon paper is what I read, but not positive this is completely accurate.
Those are the exact words that the male rep at Canjam NYC told me but it is entirely possible that something was lost in translation.

May 30, 2022 at 5:17 PM Post #69 of 3,483
Any word on the expected price yet?
@ CanJam NYC they said probably around $700 but that might have changed by now and for me anything over $500 is going to be a no go. I liked them but far too many others for less than $700 that I think are just as good or better but we are in different times now.

May 30, 2022 at 5:58 PM Post #70 of 3,483
@ CanJam NYC they said probably around $700 but that might have changed by now and for me anything over $500 is going to be a no go. I liked them but far too many others for less than $700 that I think are just as good or better but we are in different times now.
Any other cans come to mind that somewhat resemble what you heard from these?

May 30, 2022 at 6:17 PM Post #71 of 3,483
Any other cans come to mind that somewhat resemble what you heard from these?
Maybe not resemble but I think sound better is the HiFiMan Edtion XS @ $499 doesn’t bring the bass uneq’ed but I still think a better headphone definitely much more open sounding. The Sundara’s are also not too far off other than the bass. Like I said I did like the 109’s I just think if they are going to go for $700 plus just not a good value for me just saying.

May 30, 2022 at 7:00 PM Post #72 of 3,483
Maybe not resemble but I think sound better is the HiFiMan Edtion XS @ $499 doesn’t bring the bass uneq’ed but I still think a better headphone definitely much more open sounding. The Sundara’s are also not too far off other than the bass. Like I said I did like the 109’s I just think if they are going to go for $700 plus just not a good value for me just saying.
Copy that. So a bit of a Hifiman - Meze breed. Sounds interesting 🤔

May 30, 2022 at 8:44 PM Post #73 of 3,483
I agree with others it is not a 99 Classic open as it has better top end but I think the mids and bass are fairly similar will have to wait till CanJam Chicago to hear it again. Still believe it is a bit overpriced at $700 or whatever they go with at that price or more.

May 30, 2022 at 10:48 PM Post #74 of 3,483
I agree with others it is not a 99 Classic open as it has better top end but I think the mids and bass are fairly similar will have to wait till CanJam Chicago to hear it again. Still believe it is a bit overpriced at $700 or whatever they go with at that price or more.
I'm okay with that tuning, so long as they have better clarity, focus, separation, and resolution. Sounds great actually. In all honesty, I've only discovered a few headphones that I felt were worth the asking price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back