Meze Audio 109 Pro
Mar 25, 2023 at 1:47 PM Post #2,147 of 3,477
finally I did a little listening alternating 009 and 109. the Source was the same but obviously the amplifiers were not. Honestly if I had to choose on the new, I would buy the meze without any doubt; considering also that the stax needs a dedicated amplifier. Of course there are differences between the two headphones but these differences are not such as to justify the enormous price difference between the two. they are two headphones to concentrate on the music for hours without thinking about anything else even if the stax is obviously more technical. in the end I chose the stax but not for lack of the meze but because I prefer the 009 slightly more. in any case, the meze is one of the best dynamics that has passed through my house. I preferred it to the recent planars that I had at home such as hifiman he6-se or dca ether II. if you were to take only one headset to a fallout shelter, it would surely be a meze. I'm honestly sorry to part with it but I've never been the person to use a lot of headphones around the house

Mar 25, 2023 at 1:50 PM Post #2,148 of 3,477
I'm 47 and find nothing about the treble of the 109pro to be offensive

Mar 25, 2023 at 2:10 PM Post #2,149 of 3,477
Looking at the 109 being my first headphone purchase. I have always used IEMs because I never found a headphone that was comfortable. After a short time my ears got hot and listening became uncomfortable after a short time. Fingers crossed.

Mar 25, 2023 at 2:15 PM Post #2,150 of 3,477
Looking at the 109 being my first headphone purchase. I have always used IEMs because I never found a headphone that was comfortable. After a short time my ears got hot and listening became uncomfortable after a short time. Fingers crossed.
Totally agree. My IEMs just vanish, so that's a tall order to match with over-ear headphones. But the 109 is the only headphone I've owned that doesn't make my ears uncomfortable. Actually the DT880 was comfy, too, but the 109 is leaps and bounds above it in all regards. I can move my head around in various positions while listening and they never feel like they're going to shift at all, as the clamping force is tight without being overly strong. For me, it's the ideal headphone when you consider performance, price, comfort, and quality.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2023 at 2:24 PM Post #2,151 of 3,477
AMEN, brother! I rock harder and perhaps party harder at 57 than 37. My youngest kid is 18, so I'm off the seemingly endless but often joyful merry-go-round of sports practices, school activities, etc.
We had quadruplets in high school in 2018. All the events ran us ragged.

Mar 25, 2023 at 2:30 PM Post #2,152 of 3,477
Totally agree. My IEMs just vanish, so that's a tall order to match with over-ear headphones. But the 109 is the only headphone I've owned that doesn't make my ears uncomfortable. Actually the DT880 was comfy, too, but the 109 is leaps and bounds above it in all regards. I can move my head around in various positions while listening and they never feel like they're going to shift at all, as the clamping force is tight without being overly strong. For me, it's the ideal headphone when you consider performance, price, comfort, and quality.
Thanks for your comment. I have wanted to get a desk setup in my home office. With the A&K Kann Max and Hifiman Re2000 I really had a nice set up. So to move beyond that I will get the 109 then look at a nice headphone AMP. I just have to see if I can listen for a few hours in comfort.

Mar 25, 2023 at 2:50 PM Post #2,155 of 3,477
Maze 109 Pro are extremely easy to drive. You will however need a dongle.
I use iFi Go Link and it works great.
I guess, the US version of Apple dongle should suffice.

Mar 25, 2023 at 2:59 PM Post #2,157 of 3,477
Maze 109 Pro are extremely easy to drive. You will however need a dongle.
I use iFi Go Link and it works great.
I guess, the US version of Apple dongle should suffice.
I use Mojo 2, wonderful, and Luxury Precision W2 131, also woderful, but in my opinion Mojo 2 has more bass

Mar 25, 2023 at 3:04 PM Post #2,158 of 3,477
Quads? Paging the Vatican -- you and the Mrs. are candidates for sainthood! :)

Now I understand the origin of your forum name! Mine is my initials and my house number. I have not sired 4,425 kids. :)
🤣🤣🤣 That would be exhausting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back