Meze Audio 109 Pro
Mar 12, 2023 at 10:12 AM Post #2,011 of 3,500
I have the Elegia and the Meze 109. The 109s have deeper bass and (to my ears) nicer sound quality overall. Being open, the 109 has a bigger soundstage. The Elegias sound “cupped” in comparison. The Elegias are my go to for closed (over my heavy LCD-XC).
The 109s spend the most time on my head.

The differences are not massive. Horses for courses as the Brits say.
Hi Peterinvan,
What is your experience with the Elegias and 109 pro after this time? Do you still have both? Do you think it makes sense to have them both because of the way they sound? I also have the Elegias and am thinking of buying the 109pro to complement my sound with an open back HP.
Thanks

Mar 12, 2023 at 10:36 AM Post #2,012 of 3,500
Hi Peterinvan,
What is your experience with the Elegias and 109 pro after this time? Do you still have both? Do you think it makes sense to have them both because of the way they sound? I also have the Elegias and am thinking of buying the 109pro to complement my sound with an open back HP.
Thanks
I have the privilidge of being able to keep five good sounding headphones, which address different use cases:

Meze 109 Pro: gets the most listening time. Most comfortable and enjoyable open sound stage. The sound profile suits my old ears perfectly.
Fostex T50RP modded: I use a long cord for listening to the TV through my Onkyo 9110
Oppo PM3: my wife likes these for bedtime and listening to her iPad
Audeze LCD-XC (2019): for serious listening in my recliner (still my reference phones). Well balanced closed phones.
Elegias with Stellia pads: listening in bed, or on my iPad. Closed, somewhat “cupped” sound

My advice, if it is possible for you, keep the Elegias (buy Dekoni pads). They are a very good closed phone. Then treat yourself to a pair of 109s with a balanced cable.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2023 at 11:28 AM Post #2,013 of 3,500
I have the privilidge of being able to keep five good sounding headphones, which address different use cases:

Meze 109 Pro: gets the most listening time. Most comfortable and enjoyable open sound stage. The sound profile suits my old ears perfectly.
Fostex T50RP modded: I use a long cord for listening to the TV through my Onkyo 9110
Audeze LCD-XC (2019): for serious listening in my recliner (still my reference phones). Well balanced closed phones.
Elegias with Stellia pads: listening in bed, or on my iPad. Closed, somewhat “cupped” sound

My advice, if it is possible for you, keep the Elegias (buy Dekoni pads). They are a very good closed phone. Then treat yourself to a pair of 109s with a balanced cable.
I like a lot oppo pm-3

Mar 12, 2023 at 1:26 PM Post #2,014 of 3,500

Thanks !
I use dekoni pads with my elegias :wink:
Very tempted to buy the 109pros to use with my chord mojo og and ifi go bar…

Mar 13, 2023 at 2:50 AM Post #2,023 of 3,500
Mar 13, 2023 at 3:26 AM Post #2,024 of 3,500
Don't you have a "14 day, no questions asked, return policy", for items bought over the internet ?
Yes. But i don't like to use just to try stuffs. It is not fair to the vendor

Mar 13, 2023 at 3:42 AM Post #2,025 of 3,500
Yes. But i don't like to use just to try stuffs. It is not fair to the vendor

Don't worry, vendors have tripled their sales since this became law.

The biggest fear in internet shopping was buying the wrong stuff.
Now that this risk has been removed (14 day return) sales have skyrocketed :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back