Meze Audio’s newest single-DD IEM - ADVAR
Aug 16, 2023 at 10:31 AM Post #451 of 507
These sound 2x their price if paired with a proper cable.

Effect Audio Eros S will make them sound 1500 USD, and even an ALO Super Smoky Litz will do wonders.

They are also super super comfy.

Stock cable is pretty bad, and even the balanced upgrade cable from Meze won’t do it justice.

Aug 16, 2023 at 11:18 AM Post #452 of 507
These sound 2x their price if paired with a proper cable.

Effect Audio Eros S will make them sound 1500 USD, and even an ALO Super Smoky Litz will do wonders.

They are also super super comfy.

Stock cable is pretty bad, and even the balanced upgrade cable from Meze won’t do it justice.
Anything similar that can be ordered in Europe?

Aug 16, 2023 at 11:44 AM Post #453 of 507
Yes; and Meze’s own upgrade cable is great. I liked my Advars as much as you do – until I tried Rai Pentas! Their SQ is even more like a live performance. I thought they were worth the extra expense at the time I bought them, and now they come with free USD150 upgrade cable.

Aug 16, 2023 at 3:27 PM Post #454 of 507
Anything similar that can be ordered in Europe?

There was an Eros S 1st Anniversary edition on the Classifieds Listings.

Otherwise Aliexpress for Alo Super Smoky Litz. They areive quite quickly

Aug 30, 2023 at 7:54 AM Post #455 of 507
There was an Eros S 1st Anniversary edition on the Classifieds Listings.

Otherwise Aliexpress for Alo Super Smoky Litz. They areive quite quickly

Hi

Eros S is 299€ and CA Super Smoky Litz is 57€. Is there a big, big difference between both? Do you consider the CA SSL a considerable upgrade from stock? Any other valuable options which won’t be half the price of the Advar? TIA.

Aug 30, 2023 at 9:04 AM Post #456 of 507
Hi

Eros S is 299€ and CA Super Smoky Litz is 57€. Is there a big, big difference between both? Do you consider the CA SSL a considerable upgrade from stock? Any other valuable options which won’t be half the price of the Advar? TIA.

Could you please shoot a link to the offer? Curious about good cables for Advar too

Sep 3, 2023 at 5:39 AM Post #458 of 507
Just got this cable for my Advar a superb quality cable
Terrific synergy with the Advar I went for 1.6m length and interchangeable terminations fab premium cable at. Budget pric
I'm looking for a new cable, currently using the FH9 stock cable on my Advar, like it but a bit on the thick side in terms of ergonomics (fits well with the bulckier FH9 indeed).
Did you had the opportunity to compare those two cables on the Advar ?
Thank you !

Sep 3, 2023 at 7:46 AM Post #459 of 507
Hi Leto,

I just searched the web and Aliexpress for prices. I’m also inquiring for details and alternatives. Cheers.

Yes still searching for good somewahat affordable cable for Advar :)

Sep 3, 2023 at 10:46 AM Post #460 of 507
Yes still searching for good somewahat affordable cable for Advar :)
I don't know what your idea of "affordable" is, but the ddHiFi BC130A is a fantastic cable and is available with MMCX connectors.

Sep 3, 2023 at 11:04 AM Post #461 of 507
I don't know what your idea of "affordable" is, but the ddHiFi BC130A is a fantastic cable and is available with MMCX connectors.

Yep the cable is approx the same as I payed for my advar in the first place haha. Wouldnt want to pay more than 100-120 eur for an iem cable.

Sep 6, 2023 at 1:01 PM Post #462 of 507
Yep the cable is approx the same as I payed for my advar in the first place haha. Wouldnt want to pay more than 100-120 eur for an iem cable.

I won’t splurge on a cable but I’m not looking for price right now. I’m looking for a substantial change for the better. And I love these IEMs as is, but if there’s a gem out there, I’ll upgrade the cable.

Sep 6, 2023 at 2:06 PM Post #463 of 507
I won’t splurge on a cable but I’m not looking for price right now. I’m looking for a substantial change for the better. And I love these IEMs as is, but if there’s a gem out there, I’ll upgrade the cable.
Meze's own upgrade cable should be satisfactory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back