Meze Audio’s newest single-DD IEM - ADVAR
Apr 8, 2023 at 7:46 AM Post #406 of 507
You guys make me miss the Advar. Should have taken the offer to buy it after the review tour :dt880smile:

Apr 19, 2023 at 4:08 PM Post #407 of 507
This sucks! Put a ticket in with Meze this morning. Hope I get it resolved quickly. I love this thing but I am disappointed and concerned about the problem as others have reported similar issues. I also now have a concern about the warranty period. As you can see by the last picture, the warranty on the booklet included with the Advars say's 2 years but I'm finding conflicting info elsewhere.

IMG_1488.jpg
IMG_1493.jpg
IMG_1496.jpg
IMG_1499.jpg
IMG_1505.jpg

Apr 20, 2023 at 6:44 AM Post #408 of 507
This sucks! Put a ticket in with Meze this morning. Hope I get it resolved quickly. I love this thing but I am disappointed and concerned about the problem as others have reported similar issues. I also now have a concern about the warranty period. As you can see by the last picture, the warranty on the booklet included with the Advars say's 2 years but I'm finding conflicting info elsewhere.

IMG_1488.jpgIMG_1493.jpgIMG_1496.jpgIMG_1499.jpgIMG_1505.jpg

I hope Meze sees this and is actively improving their QA!
This is quite frankly entirely unacceptable from a company that aims to sell quality products.
Rather worrying to see that it’s not a one-off incident, too.

Also, @MezeTeam , could you provide any kind of explanation as towhat’s causing this to happen? And perhaps tell us what steps you’re taking to resolve this problem, if any?

Apr 20, 2023 at 9:52 AM Post #409 of 507

Update-Meze has scheduled pickup of my IEMs from my home. They will be going to them for a repair at no cost to me. I’m happy so far but we will have to see what kind of turn around they provide.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2023 at 4:58 AM Post #410 of 507
Hi, recently acquired these. Generally love the sound but as noted by many people the treble can be on the bright side. Any of you guys found any ear tips out there that tone the treble down a bit.

Cheers

Apr 21, 2023 at 6:57 AM Post #411 of 507
Hi, recently acquired these. Generally love the sound but as noted by many people the treble can be on the bright side. Any of you guys found any ear tips out there that tone the treble down a bit.

Cheers

Try foam tips, they generally tame treble, and the Advar has a spike around the 6 - 8 khz region.

Apr 25, 2023 at 7:57 AM Post #414 of 507

IMG_1488.jpgIMG_1493.jpgIMG_1496.jpgIMG_1499.jpgIMG_1505.jpg
I thought meze advar build is quite robust, what happened?

Apr 25, 2023 at 8:54 AM Post #415 of 507
The stock ones - Final Audio Type E work very well.
Also, try to equalize on 6/8 khz.
I have the Mojo 2 DAC/Amp. How do I equalize to 6/8khz?
The section for tone control talks about DB rather than KHZ.

The instructions say "Mojo 2 offers comprehensive equalisation adjustment (tone controls) to suit a wide range of partnering equipment and digital file formats. There are four main equalisation modes which can be altered from the factory setting (flat) if desired: lower bass; mid-bass; lower treble and high treble. For each of the four equalisation modes, there are nine positive (lift) and nine negative (cut) 1 dB adjustment steps (18 in total) available."

Further on there is a section with some graphs but unless I am mistaken there is no instruction of how to change settings. I have attached screenshots.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-25 at 13.51.10.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-25 at 13.51.10.png
    468.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2023-04-25 at 13.51.54.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-25 at 13.51.54.png
    485.5 KB · Views: 0
Apr 25, 2023 at 12:19 PM Post #416 of 507
Update-Meze has scheduled pickup of my IEMs from my home. They will be going to them for a repair at no cost to me. I’m happy so far but we will have to see what kind of turn around they provide.
Keep us posted!
I was fortunate enough that the shop I bought mine from sent me a return shipping label and a new pair just a day after I mailed them about the issue.
Here’s hoping Meze will be quick about things.

Apr 27, 2023 at 2:10 AM Post #418 of 507
I have the Mojo 2 DAC/Amp. How do I equalize to 6/8khz?
The section for tone control talks about DB rather than KHZ.

The instructions say "Mojo 2 offers comprehensive equalisation adjustment (tone controls) to suit a wide range of partnering equipment and digital file formats. There are four main equalisation modes which can be altered from the factory setting (flat) if desired: lower bass; mid-bass; lower treble and high treble. For each of the four equalisation modes, there are nine positive (lift) and nine negative (cut) 1 dB adjustment steps (18 in total) available."

Further on there is a section with some graphs but unless I am mistaken there is no instruction of how to change settings. I have attached screenshots.
I don't know the Mojo but you need something like a graphic equalizer or a parametric one.

Apr 28, 2023 at 5:07 AM Post #419 of 507
I know these have a reputation for being heavy on the treble, but I'm finding these IEM's impossibly bright and trebley, no matter how much I reduce the treble on my Mojo 2. There is literally no beefiness to the sound at all, I've heard earphones that come free with mobile phones that don't sound much worse. I'm actually thinking I must be doing something wrong. Perhaps I'm not getting a good seal, but there doesn't seem to be much room for movement in the ear canal, I'm certainly not going to force them in.
Anybody else find this and managed to overcome?

Apr 28, 2023 at 7:02 AM Post #420 of 507
Make sure you have a good seal - maybe try the next size up, I find them to be really picky with tips as well and only really like the final e and spinfit W1 on mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back