Meze Audio’s newest single-DD IEM - ADVAR
Jan 23, 2023 at 7:49 AM Post #392 of 518
Apart from Final E tips, you guys should try the tips from Inear as well. They are top notch on par with Final, if not better imo

I usually stick to the stock tips. Final E large in this case. But, although I LOVE the sound, I don’t like the shallow insert on the Advar. Feels flimsy. On my Rai Solo, the large double flanged stock are very good but I don’t want to be changing tips every time I decide to listen to one or the other. Like @PeacockObscura mentioned the Sedna Crystal might be worth a shot for their stickiness.

Do you have a link for those Inear? Thx.

Jan 23, 2023 at 10:14 AM Post #393 of 518
I usually stick to the stock tips. Final E large in this case. But, although I LOVE the sound, I don’t like the shallow insert on the Advar. Feels flimsy. On my Rai Solo, the large double flanged stock are very good but I don’t want to be changing tips every time I decide to listen to one or the other. Like @PeacockObscura mentioned the Sedna Crystal might be worth a shot for their stickiness.

Do you have a link for those Inear? Thx.
This is the main one
https://inear.de/

I’m in asia so I get my stuff from the asia store
https://inearasia.com/store/

I have the Sedna as well (Crystal and light) but find them a little on the hard side

Basically soft = Final/Inear
Firm = Sedna Crystal/Light

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2023 at 9:44 AM Post #395 of 518
Have you tried tip rolling? Final e type tips do tame the treble as do acoustune AET07 tips I settled with SednaEarfit Crystal Standard super seal for me and great overall sound.

Hi, I’m looking for the Crystal Standard for the Advar but... I’ve looked in Amazon and it seems they can’t be delivered to Portugal. Do you know where I can get them in Europe? I’ve looked in amazon.es and amazon.fr
amazon.co.uk won’t work for me due to customs. Thx.

One question, what size did you use on the stock final e and what size fits you best on the Crystal? Cheers.

Jan 25, 2023 at 10:03 AM Post #396 of 518
Hi, I’m looking for the Crystal Standard for the Advar but... I’ve looked in Amazon and it seems they can’t be delivered to Portugal. Do you know where I can get them in Europe? I’ve looked in amazon.es and amazon.fr
amazon.co.uk won’t work for me due to customs. Thx.

One question, what size did you use on the stock final e and what size fits you best on the Crystal? Cheers.
I suppose you could try Ali Express or Amazon US
I use large on all tips I have big ears I'm a 6ft 5inch 250 pound freak

Feb 3, 2023 at 6:03 AM Post #397 of 518
I suppose you could try Ali Express or Amazon US
I use large on all tips I have big ears I'm a 6ft 5inch 250 pound freak

6.5. Wow!

Thanks for your reply. Anyway, just to make sure, you didn’t go for the MediumLarge (ML) Crystal tips? Since, like me, you use the Final E in Large, the tips to go for in the Crystal are the Large also, right?
Cheers.

Feb 3, 2023 at 6:27 AM Post #398 of 518
6.5. Wow!

Thanks for your reply. Anyway, just to make sure, you didn’t go for the MediumLarge (ML) Crystal tips? Since, like me, you use the Final E in Large, the tips to go for in the Crystal are the Large also, right?
Cheers.
IMG_20230126_142409.jpg
IMG_20230126_142415.jpg

Pictures are better than words 🙂

Apr 7, 2023 at 4:25 AM Post #400 of 518
I was thinking to buy these earphones. But it's quite strange that there is no discussion in this thread since February. From aside it looks like is was a big bubble that has broke, it creates a strange feeling.
So, is there a solution to calm down 7khz peak except foam tips ?

Apr 7, 2023 at 4:56 AM Post #401 of 518
I was thinking to buy these earphones. But it's quite strange that there is no discussion in this thread since February. From aside it looks like is was a big bubble that has broke, it creates a strange feeling.
They’ve been my daily driver since I got them, they settle down after a bit of time (I have a used pair and a new pair, new pair took ~100 hours or so to reach the same sound as the used ones).

They’re just simply a great IEM to listen to, I never grow tired of them.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2023 at 5:40 AM Post #402 of 518
I've also use them as a daily driver and agree they smooth out after roughly 100 hours. The Advar is simply ione of if not the best DD out there.

Apr 7, 2023 at 8:02 AM Post #403 of 518
Let me put it this way: I chose the ADVAR as my reference universal IEM to take to CanJam Singapore (I have an absurd amount of IEMs to choose from). Super comfortable, super musical, detailed, nuanced etc. They are exquisite if you're looking for something to simply enjoy your music. If you're looking for extreme detail and technicalities, then there are other options but for pure listening pleasure, these are amazing.

Apr 7, 2023 at 9:37 AM Post #404 of 518

I used to be a fan, but for the similar price range, and also use single DD, now I prefer Softears Twilight. Smoother through all spectrum, and deliver even bigger soundstage image. The only downside is Twilight has less sound isolation than Advar, make it not really suitable for in flight listening. Still useful for Cafe/Hotel/Bus use though.

Apr 8, 2023 at 7:41 AM Post #405 of 518

I won’t regret it. They are quite unique. Amazing.

They’ve been my daily driver since I got them, they settle down after a bit of time (I have a used pair and a new pair, new pair took ~100 hours or so to reach the same sound as the used ones).

They’re just simply a great IEM to listen to, I never grow tired of them.

Same here.

I've also use them as a daily driver and agree they smooth out after roughly 100 hours. The Advar is simply ione of if not the best DD out there.

Agreed.

Let me put it this way: I chose the ADVAR as my reference universal IEM to take to CanJam Singapore (I have an absurd amount of IEMs to choose from). Super comfortable, super musical, detailed, nuanced etc. They are exquisite if you're looking for something to simply enjoy your music. If you're looking for extreme detail and technicalities, then there are other options but for pure listening pleasure, these are amazing.

Super musical, super detailed. I love them.

And… they’re a beautiful piece.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back