Meze Audio’s newest single-DD IEM - ADVAR
Jul 20, 2022 at 8:36 PM Post #241 of 507
"Andromeda with bass" is the only description I need to want to try it out!

It was my original tag line for this review, but decided to change because it sounds demeaning to both IEMs some how.

I just read other reviews and notice (1) general agreement on the resolution of this set, (2) divergent in opinion regarding the soundstage presentation, and (3) I'm not the only one who wants to buy this IEM after reviewing. I think I need some extra clarification here and there in my review.

Jul 21, 2022 at 6:00 AM Post #242 of 507
It was my original tag line for this review, but decided to change because it sounds demeaning to both IEMs some how.

I just read other reviews and notice (1) general agreement on the resolution of this set, (2) divergent in opinion regarding the soundstage presentation, and (3) I'm not the only one who wants to buy this IEM after reviewing. I think I need some extra clarification here and there in my review.
Thanks for your support, pay for the product after 1 week home trial is true love, that is an informed decision. :beerchug:

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jul 21, 2022 at 6:05 AM Post #243 of 507
My Meze Advar Review is online now.

My first real review, that's more than just impressions in a thread.

Thanks, sincerely. Didn't expect the Advar is attractive enough to trigger your first full product review.

From TOTL tube DAP to a dongle that can replace your Shure DAC/Amp, ... you know where there are good options that will sing well with your Meze headphones/IEMs. Keep in touch. :beerchug:

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jul 21, 2022 at 9:18 AM Post #244 of 507
review-advar.jpg

My review is finally done. You can find it on head-fi as well as my personal website. I will make a condensed version for r/headphones and share the review on Twitter later.

Thanks for your support, pay for the product after 1 week home trial is true love, that is an informed decision. :beerchug:
Thanks for arranging the review tour. I'm still recovering from my Andromeda 2020, so perhaps a bit later. Or perhaps I should sell some IEMs ...

One of my issue is my local hifi store (Addicted to Audio) does not carry Meze. They have been very gracious by letting my unbox and test all kind of stuffs since the first day of my IEM journey, so I prioritise buying from them. Anyhow, we will see. I know that I will miss this strange IEM.

Jul 25, 2022 at 9:59 AM Post #245 of 507
For those on the fence about these I will say that after months of listening I’m still amazed at what these little things do with music at under $700. With the right tips and source you might finally achieve music nirvana. This one is a no-brainer as an unusual bargain for anyone in the sub-1K IEM market in my humble opinion.

Jul 25, 2022 at 10:05 AM Post #246 of 507
I was initially set to get the IE-600!

It will be interesting to see comparisons between the two since they're both new single DD IEMs in the same price range.
Had you made your mind yet?

Jul 27, 2022 at 3:29 AM Post #247 of 507
Advar tour kit arrived this afternoon, many thanks to Meze Audio and @Andykong for organising this!

Really looking forward to spending some quality time with these, have them in already and I'm really liking the low end thump, coupled with a bit of treble spice. Full disclosure I've still got the FiR Frontier tour kit with me, so I'll need some brain burn-in with these before getting to know them properly. I'm intrigued by @o0genesis0o description of these as "Andromeda2020 with bass" as that is a fave IEM of mine.

ADVAR.jpg

Jul 27, 2022 at 3:32 AM Post #248 of 507
Advar tour kit arrived this afternoon, many thanks to Meze Audio and @Andykong for organising this!

Really looking forward to spending some quality time with these, have them in already and I'm really liking the low end thump, coupled with a bit of treble spice. Full disclosure I've still got the FiR Frontier tour kit with me, so I'll need some brain burn-in with these before getting to know them properly. I'm intrigued by @o0genesis0o description of these as "Andromeda2020 with bass" as that is a fave IEM of mine.

ADVAR.jpg
Looking forward to your impressions.

Jul 27, 2022 at 4:14 AM Post #249 of 507

ADVAR.jpg

Seeing that particular pair of Advar again gives me a craving for listening to Goldberg Variations. My Andro is a bit more resolving, but the little dynamic shifts of Advar is better than the flat rendering of Andro.

Jul 28, 2022 at 2:48 PM Post #250 of 507
Jul 28, 2022 at 4:29 PM Post #251 of 507
I must say, I am glad @MezeTeam has returned to what I call that "innovative" signature, which takes a chance. I love the smooth character with excellent bass response as well.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/meze-audio-advar.25835/reviews#review-28944
I have to agree. This is the first Meze Audio IEM that really showcases their signature house sound and look. They really hit it out of the park with this one and I see them coming up with something in the $1200 range next and it won’t sound or look anything like the Penta.

Jul 28, 2022 at 5:07 PM Post #252 of 507
I have to agree. This is the first Meze Audio IEM that really showcases their signature house sound and look. They really hit it out of the park with this one and I see them coming up with something in the $1200 range next and it won’t sound or look anything like the Penta.

I do hope that Advar sells well enough for Meze to continue with something cool. I find it to be one of the best IEMs in the limbo of "more resolving than your usual Moondrop mid-fi but not quite Andromeda and U12t", at the lowest price (AUD $1100). However, the engagement that I see from my reviews seems lukewarm at best, which is not very promising for a new product.

Jul 30, 2022 at 9:33 AM Post #253 of 507
Thanks, and while I tried really hard to like the Rai Penta for it was good; to me it stepped away from the sound Meze was known for: bold, slightly different and made the competitors scramble (Empyrean). I think the Advar adheres to those guidelines once again, and consider it a top-tier choice at the price.

Cheers.

Jul 31, 2022 at 2:43 PM Post #254 of 507
IE600 owner here. I had the luck to audition these yesterday at Canjam London and reached my wallet after just 5 min of listening. Best Hi-Fi IEM I have ever tried, period. IE600 and 900 not nearly as warm and finely tuned on my opinion. Mids are just perfection, but in truth all the rest is great, even their look of which I do not really care. If you listen acoustic music and vocals in particular you must audition these.
IE600 going back to Sennheiser tomorrow and no regrets. I thought they were great, btw, not much to complain, however not as special as I thought a 600£ IEM would be. But the Advar showed me what I was missing. So for once my FOMO was justified (and wasn't so often in the past...).

Full report here https://www.head-fi.org/threads/canjam-london-2022-impressions-thread.964309/page-9#post-17074726

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2022 at 6:54 PM Post #255 of 507
So for once FOMO was justified (and wasn't so often in the past...).

Glad to see that there is actually FOMO about Advar. I thought no one knows about this IEM :dt880smile: .

Joke aside, Advar is a high-performing and well priced high-level IEM in the chasm between decent IEMs (blessing 2) and TOTL performers (Andromeda, U12t, Trio, etc.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back