Meze Audio’s newest single-DD IEM - ADVAR
Aug 23, 2022 at 4:02 PM Post #302 of 518
I would say relative to the few months Advar is on the market, there are very few on classifieds. I had the tour unit for 10 days, and it certainly convinced me of the need to buy a set at some point! Excellent IEM.

Aug 24, 2022 at 12:30 AM Post #303 of 518
Would you believe that after all the tip rolling I’m back to the FA tips.
That’s where I’ve landed, ordered a backup set as well (shame I can only get the 5 size tip set here!)

Aug 25, 2022 at 3:53 PM Post #304 of 518
Mine is UGLY0154 and I have the same plain black box.
:sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:
What's wrong with Meze to start their serial# like this? :ksc75smile:
Guess they've a weird sense of humor. ^^

Aug 25, 2022 at 5:57 PM Post #305 of 518

I have been waiting to see if anyone notices this :beyersmile: The first time I detached the cable, I was like “cool, letters … wait, UGLY?”.

To be fair, my wife said these IEMs look like ceramic kitchenware.

Aug 26, 2022 at 12:30 AM Post #306 of 518
Aug 27, 2022 at 6:14 AM Post #307 of 518

There is a little story behind the UGLY prefix, check it out HERE.

1661595605666.png

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Aug 27, 2022 at 6:32 AM Post #308 of 518
There is a little story behind the UGLY prefix, check it out HERE.

1661595605666.png

4 years of R&D? Mad respect for Meze. Antonio and the team have succeeded in my opinion. Listening to Goldberg Variations with Advar is one of the most memorable experience with head-fi gear for me in a while. Now I need to find a gap in the collection for it. Hopefully by then, Meze already has a distributor in Australia.

Aug 27, 2022 at 6:43 AM Post #309 of 518
4 years of R&D? Mad respect for Meze. Antonio and the team have succeeded in my opinion. Listening to Goldberg Variations with Advar is one of the most memorable experience with head-fi gear for me in a while. Now I need to find a gap in the collection for it. Hopefully by then, Meze already has a distributor in Australia.

Antonio is a very persistent designer, he really wants his product to look and works perfectly fine before he endorses it for sales and marketing. Sometime we wish he can be more "reasonable" from business perspective, but it never works out that way in Meze. Take me a while to tune my working pattern when I couldn't put a deadline on my product roadmap.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Aug 27, 2022 at 7:11 AM Post #310 of 518
Antonio is a very persistent designer, he really wants his product to look and works perfectly fine before he endorses it for sales and marketing. Sometime we wish he can be more "reasonable" from business perspective, but it never works out that way in Meze. Take me a while to tune my working pattern when I couldn't put a deadline on my product roadmap.
Well I love his attitude towards it. The products that come out of it really speak for themselves.

A meze product Roadmap would be so helpfull at times. Looking forward to the next announcements.

Aug 27, 2022 at 7:50 AM Post #311 of 518
A meze product Roadmap would be so helpfull at times. Looking forward to the next announcements.
Given how much I love the Advar I really need to try some full sized Meze!

Aug 27, 2022 at 7:57 AM Post #312 of 518
Aug 27, 2022 at 7:10 PM Post #313 of 518
Aug 28, 2022 at 10:31 PM Post #314 of 518
I’ve been using Advars with Mojo2 since both became available. I’m a happy listener with two qualifications:

1. Mojo2 alllows some equalization, and I needed this to tame the treble.

2. I’ve found Advars especially enjoyable for jazz and for small chamber groups. But when orchestral texture gets thick, they don’t sort out and position the instruments very well (it’s not Mojo’s fault).

So for classical, I agree with above comments that they’re outstanding for solos like Goldberg Variations. But I have to go back to my desktop system to enjoy layered orchestral works.

Aug 29, 2022 at 10:32 PM Post #315 of 518
Still getting constantly amazed/blown away by these - I haven't listened to Disturbed for quite some time but Indestructible came on in a track radio on Tidal and I've never heard it sound so good, had me doing air drums which I can generally restrain myself from lol:metal:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back