Meze 99 Neo Discussion + Impressions Thread
Apr 17, 2017 at 12:30 PM Post #166 of 582
  Interesting the differences. You notice the 99 Classic as being more laid back and others have said the 99 Neo was. Can't wait to try them and see.

It is hard to say which is more laid back 
biggrin.gif

Both have differences in sound, but the differences are fairly small - both sound really good and you know, when listening, you start enjoying the one you have on your head and when you try the other, you enjoy it as well and it is too much fun 
gs1000.gif

\On a serious note, the sonic differences are actually quite small and I see someone being happy with either sonic wise. 

I've made a first impressions video (as usual with accent
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Nice! 

I actually find that accent pretty fun to listen to! 

Apr 17, 2017 at 2:25 PM Post #167 of 582
9nXy0I8.jpg

Took the Neo out on my lunch-hour walk, powered only by my Galaxy S6. Sounded pretty good. Got well loud.

Apr 18, 2017 at 7:57 PM Post #170 of 582
I'm almost done writing my review of iFi iDSD BL review and I wanted to share this little snippet from iDSD BL + Meze 99 Neo headphones! 

Quote:
Haggard – Chapter I / As The Heaven Wept – The song is difficult for most setups as Haggard uses many instruments in their songs, most of times only a few of the instruments sounding right. On iDSD + 99N, each instrument is rendered well in its own layer, while the bass brings a magical power to the whole song. The guitars are sweet but they clearly keep their own place and when the piano becomes the foreground instrument, each key pressed has the convincing tune of a grand piano. There is a specific resonance that the piano used has in reality and iDSD + 99N manages to reproduce it fairly well, and what's even more, I'm using them with no EQ while taking this impression! The male voice has the right amount of attack and warmth while every scream carries the emotional attachment well.

Apr 18, 2017 at 8:15 PM Post #171 of 582
I'm almost done writing my review of iFi iDSD BL review and I wanted to share this little snippet from iDSD BL + Meze 99 Neo headphones! 

Quote:

Haggard – Chapter I / As The Heaven Wept – The song is difficult for most setups as Haggard uses many instruments in their songs, most of times only a few of the instruments sounding right. On iDSD + 99N, each instrument is rendered well in its own layer, while the bass brings a magical power to the whole song. The guitars are sweet but they clearly keep their own place and when the piano becomes the foreground instrument, each key pressed has the convincing tune of a grand piano. There is a specific resonance that the piano used has in reality and iDSD + 99N manages to reproduce it fairly well, and what's even more, I'm using them with no EQ while taking this impression! The male voice has the right amount of attack and warmth while every scream carries the emotional attachment well.

I've got a Black Label coming in for review, also. I'll be sure to test this pairing out.

Apr 18, 2017 at 9:36 PM Post #172 of 582
I've got a Black Label coming in for review, also. I'll be sure to test this pairing out.

I will be doing that later this week, too. I do love my BL. Excellent synergy with pretty much all I throw at it!

Apr 19, 2017 at 5:36 PM Post #174 of 582
Oh darn...my review rig for the week...:sunglasses:

Apr 19, 2017 at 9:44 PM Post #176 of 582
Apr 19, 2017 at 11:00 PM Post #177 of 582
I feel I need more time with them!:wink:

Speaking of which, do you still want to borrow my 99C for comparison?

I didn't expect you to get the Neo so soon. I'll need the 99C at least until this Saturday for my own comparisons. But after that, they're all yours.

Apr 19, 2017 at 11:43 PM Post #178 of 582
Speaking of which, do you still want to borrow my 99C for comparison?

I didn't expect you to get the Neo so soon. I'll need the 99C at least until this Saturday for my own comparisons. But after that, they're all yours.

Yes, please. I will send the NO the other way, if you wish...I will text you.

Apr 21, 2017 at 6:15 AM Post #179 of 582
I have really grown to like the slight differences in the sound signature. I completed the 48 hours of pink noise and they have really come around.

Apr 21, 2017 at 6:49 AM Post #180 of 582
I have really grown to like the slight differences in the sound signature. I completed the 48 hours of pink noise and they have really come around.

Agreed. I no longer feel the treble has been rolled off. It sounds much more like the Classics now.

The bass is still overpowering though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back