Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread
Feb 4, 2018 at 11:48 AM Post #3,647 of 7,703
Google - Sony XB850AP Extra Bass - It has 4.5 stars in over 3,360 reviews. It is about $30 and sold on-line at most major retailers. On EBay you can find them for under $20. I have several pairs, one at work, one in my car, one at home & one in my laptop case. They are comfortable enough, and no they won't deliver top shelf sound but having tried dozens of IEM they were the only ones that didn't hurt my ears since I'm very sensitive to highs, the mids are good and the mid bass punchy and the sub bass extends really well. Those who dislike bass won't like them, but they are hardly muddy and there is really no bleeding of lows into the mids. I don't find they lack detail. If you like the general sound signature of the Meze 99, you will like these.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2018 at 3:59 PM Post #3,651 of 7,703
How long is the warranty on the 99?
My right driver is starting to distort after a year and a bit.

It probably hair on the driver, or possibly something came lose. Why not take them cup apart and examine the innards? In all my years I have only had 1 driver crap out on me, and that was due to me being out and about in -46'C weather (windchill) and then entering a toasty warm Ikea.

:metal::sunglasses:

Feb 5, 2018 at 7:49 AM Post #3,652 of 7,703
Screenshot_20180205-144252.png Screenshot_20180205-144238.png

Feb 5, 2018 at 9:02 AM Post #3,653 of 7,703
I would like to place an order for the Classic 99-silver in UK. I am noticing that this is the only combination in Amazon UK (in comparison to neo and classic gold) that is offered under frustration-free packaging. Does this mean that these items have a high probability of being returned items?

In general, is any shop in UK where I can buy those and be able to return them hassle free if I am not happy?

Thanks in advance for your time .

Feb 5, 2018 at 11:09 AM Post #3,655 of 7,703
I would like to place an order for the Classic 99-silver in UK. I am noticing that this is the only combination in Amazon UK (in comparison to neo and classic gold) that is offered under frustration-free packaging. Does this mean that these items have a high probability of being returned items?

In general, is any shop in UK where I can buy those and be able to return them hassle free if I am not happy?

Thanks in advance for your time .

Quite the contrary, I think that the very low rate of return makes them prone to be placed in something like that

Feb 5, 2018 at 1:11 PM Post #3,657 of 7,703
Wow! Please tell me that the price of the Empyrean will not be more than $799 and I'm in!

@MezeTeam, are you going to introduce the Empyrean at Canajam NYC ?
I second this. A sub-1k$ pricetag would be highly appreciated.
Not everyone wants to throw $3000+ in a pair of headphones that needs utmost care and lose half of its value in 6 months.

Feb 5, 2018 at 1:26 PM Post #3,658 of 7,703
I second this. A sub-1k$ pricetag would be highly appreciated.
Not everyone wants to throw $3000+ in a pair of headphones that needs utmost care and lose half of its value in 6 months.

Well said. I would probably be willing to pay $799 for the Empyrean but only if they can match or beat the sound and the build quality of the LCD-2C.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back