Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread
Oct 27, 2016 at 4:46 PM Post #1,081 of 7,712
In my opinion yes.  (Better comfort, slightly better isolation but no real impacts on the SQ)

Agree with this. The new pads are the whole reason I purchased the 99 Classics. I reviewed them earlier and really liked the sound and design, but the pads were a turn off for me. When I stopped by to say hi to MezeTeam at RMAF and tried them with the new pads, I was sold!

Oct 27, 2016 at 11:49 PM Post #1,082 of 7,712
Hey guys, let's keep it civil, OK? Everybody is entitled to ask their questions and everybody is entitled to give their own answer. No need to offend or be offended in any way.

@apaar123
 we haven't tried the 99 Classics with the Shanling M5 but I bet someone here in the thread did. Maybe @nmatheis
?  

I'll try to get to this in the near future MezeTeam. I've been enjoying Shanling M1 -> Mojo -> 99 Classics recent. However, I do very much love the Shanling M5 and think its sound signature should be very complementary with the M5.

Oct 28, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #1,087 of 7,712
I have HifiMan He400i's and they are a very different headphone as they are planar magnetic and open. They are not as warm or have as much bass as the Meze's but are very clear and detailed with a wider soundstage. I love both headphones for different reasons

Users who are viewing this thread

Back