Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread
May 28, 2024 at 1:02 AM Post #7,712 of 7,715
Slipped an OFC balanced cable onto the Meze 99 Noir. I’m driving them out of my HiBy R6 2020 and I do think they sound a little more controlled in the low end. The overall sound signature is very lush. I was expecting more of a 7hz Legato level of bass elevation but that isn’t what these are about. They’re more balanced than that. The bass is indeed elevated but not nearly to the point of distraction. They’re well over on the warm and rich side of reference but don’t even come close to tilting into Beats territory.

These have been the best $200 I’ve dropped in some time. They’re on sale at Drop right now for $179. Scorching deal if you like thick sounding closed backs that actually have stage and pretty accurate imaging and tons of design style.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2024 at 1:51 AM Post #7,713 of 7,715
Hi.

Is the 99 classics, still worth it in 2024?

I now have the audeze Maxwell, Sony ult wear ( for BASS ), Meze 109 pro and Philips fidelio x2. But would be great with an closed back headphone too wired. Not always the Bluetooth ones workes flawless or the battery dries out.

But i dont want to pay to much. The 99s are on sale now.

The sound i like is when its detailed, crisped, engaging/musical and fun. Also when its not to much in your head. A little open sounding is appreciated. I also listen to all kind of music.Edm, pop, rock, metal, classical..... From vangelis to Dimmu Borgir 🤪

Users who are viewing this thread

Back