Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread
Apr 16, 2016 at 1:50 PM Post #347 of 7,686
@jinxy245

i am from India, I can get shipped a large variety to India, or can get shipped to US (a friend might be coming back next month from US to India)

However mostly in India we get showrooms putting up more "well known" brands on listening posts. So you would find JBLs, Denons, Bose, Sony etc. However more Audiophile brands would not be here to listen.

You said very well about conveying how music feels and sounds, and worse is how the person on other end sees it. Lively for one could be relatively different for someone else. 

Thus option is to read as much as i can.  Another earphone in mind was Audeze SINE,  and plus saw some good stuff on Massdrop,  i guess more i search n read more confusing it gets :D . Droppping of Shure for sure presently.

Thanks a lot for the explanation and help. 

Apr 16, 2016 at 2:03 PM Post #348 of 7,686
How do you change it? Just pull it off?

Yes they just pull of and you slip them on between the wood and plastic sheet, which holds the driver, that is screwed to it

Apr 16, 2016 at 4:26 PM Post #349 of 7,686
@antz123 glad to help...I guess you have to keep reading, unless you can find a place that has Oppo...I guess you could contact Oppo directly to find out if there are any retailers in your area. @MezeTeam is growing all the time...they'd be best to advise you if there's anywhere in India as well.... again good luck!

Apr 17, 2016 at 8:29 PM Post #350 of 7,686
Finally finished my review of the Tour 99 Classics I had recently. 

Please find the review here....

http://www.head-fi.org/products/meze-99-classics/reviews/15783

Have to say it was an addictive week listening to these.

Thanks again to Meze for letting me listen to these lovely designed headphones.

Apr 17, 2016 at 8:30 PM Post #351 of 7,686

Please find the review here....

http://www.head-fi.org/products/meze-99-classics/reviews/15783

Have to say it was an addictive week listening to these.

Thanks again to Meze for letting me listen to these lovely designed headphones.

Everyone: Read. This. Review. Now.

Excellent job, and I hope it makes the home page. One of the best reviews of the year so far, and not just because I agree with it.

:D

Apr 17, 2016 at 9:46 PM Post #352 of 7,686

" a few months back and noticed the banner on the side of the page and noticed a uniquely different striking looking pair of headphones "

Me too, but with Guru3D. A little black square with just the headphones that just screams "click me!".

beerchug.gif

P.S. Edit you 'Cons' because you spelt too, to.

Apr 18, 2016 at 9:32 AM Post #355 of 7,686
Apr 18, 2016 at 10:25 AM Post #357 of 7,686
To expensive...

You said $300, and I got my iDAC (not the iDAC2) last week for that price off Amazon. Sounds sublime with the 99 Classics.

beerchug.gif

Apr 18, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #359 of 7,686
Apr 18, 2016 at 4:23 PM Post #360 of 7,686
What dac/amp would people recommend for $300? Seen on Fiio E17k + k5, audioengine d1 and Aune X1S.

LH Labs Geek Out V2. I like it better than the iDAC 2. I haven't heard the others, but have heard lots of good things about the Aune X1S. If you want flexibility, the DX80 has standalone DAC functionality, USB OTG, and 2 microSD slots for 400GB of microSD storage (I don't think it has onboard storage). With the dropping price of microSD chips, it's no biggie. It also has optical and coaxial out, so the connectivity is ballin'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back