Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread
Mar 20, 2016 at 10:17 PM Post #227 of 7,710
Anyone has the link to the product's registration page? If I'm not mistaken it's necessary for the warranty but I can't find it on the mezeheadphones site v0v

I had assumed since you can only buy the 99 Classics through Meze atm wouldn't they have the necessary info? Perhaps registration will only apply to 3rd party resellers and will come later? Now I am curious.

beerchug.gif

Mar 23, 2016 at 6:18 PM Post #228 of 7,710
Mar 23, 2016 at 6:51 PM Post #229 of 7,710
  Does anyone know how these cans compare to the Denon MM400?

I'm waiting for my maple silver to come in and will be able to compare them.  I've compared MM400 to Oppo PM-3 and the MM400 is better in sound quality and portability.  The sound quality is similar, but mm400 is lot more exciting while the pm3 is more dull.  I've ordered the meze eventhough I have mm400 is because i want the ability to connect to true balanced setup given the meze have detachable cable on both drivers compared to single on mm400.  

Mar 23, 2016 at 7:01 PM Post #230 of 7,710

Thanks for your reply. I hope you post your comparisons somewhere in the future. 

Mar 24, 2016 at 2:33 AM Post #231 of 7,710

Does anyone know how these cans compare to the Denon MM400?

I'm waiting for my maple silver to come in and will be able to compare them.  I've compared MM400 to Oppo PM-3 and the MM400 is better in sound quality and portability.  The sound quality is similar, but mm400 is lot more exciting while the pm3 is more dull.  I've ordered the meze eventhough I have mm400 is because i want the ability to connect to true balanced setup given the meze have detachable cable on both drivers compared to single on mm400.  

Let me know if you find plugs that fit into the Meze. Afaik there is simply none in the aftermarket stores with those characteristics: 3.5mm and external diameter of 5mm. The smallest one I found was 6 and was supercrappy. The only one that can fix it (and I'm sure they will) is Meze itself.

Mar 24, 2016 at 4:19 AM Post #232 of 7,710
Let me know if you find plugs that fit into the Meze. Afaik there is simply none in the aftermarket stores with those characteristics: 3.5mm and external diameter of 5mm. The smallest one I found was 6 and was supercrappy. The only one that can fix it (and I'm sure they will) is Meze itself.

Ya, 2nd that. So far, the ONLY real solution would be using a plug with no jacket AND minimal to no ring, and then find some hard(ish) tubing to cover the soldering, and then heat-shrinking over that. It would create a solid covering that would be resistant to pulling, plus it's not like you will be continuously plugging and re-plugging the cable anyway. It just sucks that 1mm-1.5mm larger jack openings and we wouldn't have this problem. Honestly, the jack size is my only gripe about the 99 Classics. I was sooooo happy when I saw that they featured the L/R standard 3.5mm plugs vs the single (proprietary *coughSennheiser*) with the damn wire running through the headband. I thought " Sweet! Customer OCC cable time! ". Now I just have to get a little bit more creative.

beerchug.gif

Mar 24, 2016 at 8:30 AM Post #233 of 7,710
Could you not just modify the original straight cable?

Mar 24, 2016 at 11:03 PM Post #237 of 7,710
Yup I was suggesting replacing the connector for if you wanted to go to a balanced connector or something. But rereading the OP's post I don't think he was asking about that so my apologies for not reading more carefully.

Mar 25, 2016 at 8:09 PM Post #239 of 7,710
I too find the fit to be just perfect, which seems odd to me given so many other comments here.  My noggin is absolutely huge by headphone standards, and I've never been accused of having small ears.  I've worn these for 6 hour stretches and I have to say that, outside of my HD800's and ATH-AD2000's, these are the next most comfortable set of cans I've ever worn.  Coming from a bald guy with a sensitive head, THAT is really saying something.

I really, couldn't be happier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back