Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread
Jul 13, 2022 at 1:55 AM Post #7,411 of 7,696
Amazon prime day has the classics for $247 both color options, great deal!!

Jul 17, 2022 at 1:19 AM Post #7,412 of 7,696
After a few days listening to these headphones I’m in love! For the price paid, I’m beyond satisfied. I’m no high end audiophile guy that wants “neutral” “flat” sounding headphones, not hating on those who are or like those kind of headphones. I had a budget and found something special in that budget. Musical tastes are mainly in the “rock” genres but find these are great for acoustic stuff as well. These are fun, engaging and hit the mark for me in every way. I have them paired up with a ifi nano bl atm, through tidal hifi I’m hearing things in favorite tracks I’ve never heard before. They are clear, and the bass is perfect to my ears. Just wanted to drop my .2

Jul 19, 2022 at 3:20 PM Post #7,413 of 7,696
After a few days listening to these headphones I’m in love! For the price paid, I’m beyond satisfied. I’m no high end audiophile guy that wants “neutral” “flat” sounding headphones, not hating on those who are or like those kind of headphones. I had a budget and found something special in that budget. Musical tastes are mainly in the “rock” genres but find these are great for acoustic stuff as well. These are fun, engaging and hit the mark for me in every way. I have them paired up with a ifi nano bl atm, through tidal hifi I’m hearing things in favorite tracks I’ve never heard before. They are clear, and the bass is perfect to my ears. Just wanted to drop my .2
I feel ya. These are the 1st headphones I discovered that always kept me engaged, plus the added fun factor. Great for rock 🤘

Jul 21, 2022 at 5:32 PM Post #7,414 of 7,696
I have fiio x5ii and focal spirit pro and planning to buy the classic from all reviews I read. The question is: I want also to upgrade my Dap and thinking about hiby r6 2020, or shanling m7, or KANN alpha. Do you have any experience and if this big price margin, means also the same in SQ. Or just different signature, so not worth it to spend more than 700 euro for dap.

Jul 23, 2022 at 12:20 PM Post #7,416 of 7,696
Mistakes were had with some tape and trying different things with the earcups and both of the "felt" coverings for the drivers came off. Couldn't/didn't replace back on. I actually prefer this sound sig even more than the stock. Treble took a noticeable boost without being overbearing.

Jul 29, 2022 at 1:44 AM Post #7,418 of 7,696
Which DAC/amps pair well with the 99 classics(desktop or mobile)? Looking to upgrade my Apple dongle.
Take this w a grain of salt since I don’t have allot of experience with dac/amps but I really like my ifi nano black label. There is a definite upgrade in sound quality vs my smartphone. I’d say 45-50% “better” sounding when you AB with and without. Also at $189 the price is fair and the value is there imo. The classics are sensitive and impedance is low there’s allot of options out there.

Jul 29, 2022 at 2:25 AM Post #7,419 of 7,696
And do you believe meze classic is far superior than focal spirit pro?
I have a focal spirit classic and for sure the 99c is far better. But need little changes to become better such as the premium Meze cable and pads.

I also have a Hiby new R6 and I'm very very pleased with it. Before, I used a DX160 Fidelizer advanced rom. I was in love with my DX160. But now, I gonna sell it because of the Hiby.

Jul 29, 2022 at 2:51 AM Post #7,420 of 7,696
Take this w a grain of salt since I don’t have allot of experience with dac/amps but I really like my ifi nano black label. There is a definite upgrade in sound quality vs my smartphone. I’d say 45-50% “better” sounding when you AB with and without. Also at $189 the price is fair and the value is there imo. The classics are sensitive and impedance is low there’s allot of options out there.
Good to hear you say that. I was leaning towards ifi. Specifically a zen DAC v2. But also considering a Schiit stack with vali2+.

I really want to lean in to the warmth of the 99s and these two brands seem to have that warmer signature from what I’ve heard others say.

Jul 29, 2022 at 2:57 AM Post #7,421 of 7,696
Both seem like great choices. I’ve heard that as well, I really like the pairing I have, just depends on the money you want to throw at it. This hobby is a money pit for sure, a wonderful very satisfying money pit.

Jul 29, 2022 at 3:54 AM Post #7,422 of 7,696
I have a focal spirit classic and for sure the 99c is far better. But need little changes to become better such as the premium Meze cable and pads.

I also have a Hiby new R6 and I'm very very pleased with it. Before, I used a DX160 Fidelizer advanced rom. I was in love with my DX160. But now, I gonna sell it because of the Hiby.
how is about soundstage and imaging vs Focal classic,?
i listen rock, hard rock, metal, pop, disco and other genres, but those 5 are my main priority listening

also i remember classic was little better and more expensive than spirit pro

Jul 29, 2022 at 6:50 AM Post #7,423 of 7,696
Meze is really enjoyable for Rock and similar genres. To me there's a big gap between the focal classic and the Meze. Also gap in confort.

Jul 29, 2022 at 2:13 PM Post #7,424 of 7,696
Fire HD8>TT-BA07>E11K>99C.
I should probably pick up a BTR5 or iFi Go Blu at some point. :ksc75smile:

99C TTBA07 E11K.jpg

Jul 30, 2022 at 2:11 AM Post #7,425 of 7,696
Just received some litz 8 weave 99% silver cables for the 99 classics and WOW! To my ears I’m perceiving 30-40% better overall sound. The bass has tightened up and gained more control while the higher frequencies are more pronounced. I’m a noob with describing what I’m hearing and might not be explaining it as well as I could be but wow, beyond impressed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back