Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread
Jun 21, 2020 at 8:06 AM Post #6,393 of 7,703
The yaxi pads are definitely more comfortable to me than the smaller pads that came with the noir.
6D36FDB1-0F40-4F74-967B-B0FB04B198E7.jpeg

Jun 21, 2020 at 8:25 AM Post #6,396 of 7,703
Yes, I was referring to the Meze larger stock pad (3rd gen). Yaxi massively improve the sound quality in my opinion. And they are really comfortable.
AND...because the inside edge of the pads have 2 different materials, you can spin the pads around (don't take them off, just literally spin each pad around) to let you hear how the "leatherette" side compares with the "cloth" side. Pretty cool idea.

Jun 21, 2020 at 8:33 AM Post #6,397 of 7,703
AND...because the inside edge of the pads have 2 different materials, you can spin the pads around (don't take them off, just literally spin each pad around) to let you hear how the "leatherette" side compares with the "cloth" side. Pretty cool idea.

Indeed, spun them around for some A-B, prefer it with the suede side infront; avoiding leaning them out too much and preserving what makes them so fun, without the bass bleed.
8840A5DE-839E-476B-B05C-EC864CD3E5E8.jpeg

Jun 21, 2020 at 8:54 AM Post #6,399 of 7,703
Indeed, spun them around for some A-B, prefer it with the suede side infront; avoiding leaning them out too much and preserving what makes them so fun, without the bass bleed.
I am new to this hobby and the first week I had far too many options:
  • stock pads vs Yaxi pads (easy choice)
  • Yaxi pads suede/leather infront (I keep the "official" way)
  • Stock cables vs balanced cables
  • 3 different DAC firmwares with 3 very different sound
I made my mind until I change again :)

Jun 21, 2020 at 12:17 PM Post #6,404 of 7,703
Can anyone comment as to how the Yaxi pads compare to the originals, in terms of sound? There has to be at least some minor differences, yeah?
I'd also like to ask about the Meze pure silver balanced cable. I'm planning to purchase, but I would like to know if it's soft and manageable, or stiff and unruly. Maybe somewhere in between?

Jun 21, 2020 at 12:25 PM Post #6,405 of 7,703
Can anyone comment as to how the Yaxi pads compare to the originals, in terms of sound? There has to be at least some minor differences, yeah?
I'd also like to ask about the Meze pure silver balanced cable. I'm planning to purchase, but I would like to know if it's soft and manageable, or stiff and unruly. Maybe somewhere in between?

Which version of the originals? Smaller or larger? Difference is massive.

Regarding the pure silver I can't help, I only have the upgrade balanced.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back