Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread
Apr 24, 2016 at 4:25 AM Post #392 of 7,696
2 months?

I believe that's because this is the Silver version, and it's only just in the last week gone from pre-order to buy now on their website.

Apr 24, 2016 at 4:56 AM Post #393 of 7,696
It will be interesting to see indeed as I just ordered my Classics Gold pair on Friday and I got an email to say they had been despatched already.........hopefully not too long.

I had also asked Meze if they would make an all Black version......including ear cups and all the metal work, so be interesting to see if that happens in the future.

Apr 24, 2016 at 4:57 AM Post #394 of 7,696
2 months?

I believe that's because this is the Silver version, and it's only just in the last week gone from pre-order to buy now on their website.

As tommo21 said - it's been avaible for just a few days. It's been relatively quick for me if counting from the day when they changed from pre-order to buy now. So the 2 months waiting period was because of me ordering so early, not because I live in Poland :p

Apr 24, 2016 at 5:22 AM Post #395 of 7,696
You also have the benefit of living in Poland for many other reasons of course, but among those is the proximity of Forza Audio Works. Are you thinking to try any of their after market headphone cable at all? If so please let me know as I have good experiences with them for some cable upgrades of my own. 

Apr 24, 2016 at 9:44 AM Post #396 of 7,696

I never get tired of looking at each user's unique grain pattern of their cups.

beerchug.gif

Apr 24, 2016 at 9:46 AM Post #397 of 7,696

I had also asked Meze if they would make an all Black version......including ear cups and all the metal work, so be interesting to see if that happens in the future.

They are. It's NOT wood, and costs a little less.

beerchug.gif

Apr 24, 2016 at 11:16 AM Post #399 of 7,696
If you really like looking at wood patterns...

Perhaps I should rephrase that by saying I enjoy checking out people's unique grain patterns. 
tongue.gif

Those are nice, especially the left.  Quite a bit lighter than mine; Perhaps to better compliment the silver? Anyway, them cans look sweet!
edit: Come to think of it my pair are also darker than the tour pair as well. No complaints though!
beerchug.gif

Apr 24, 2016 at 11:28 AM Post #401 of 7,696
  What??? Not wood, That's not Meze then...........

Why could they not just stain wood to be black????

Wish I knew. Just relaying what I read on Hi-Fi + (I think it was them....).Polished/glossy black wood would be awesome! And maybe even offer customizable colour metal parts....drool.... 
cool.gif

Apr 24, 2016 at 11:39 AM Post #403 of 7,696
  Sorry to be pedantic then but where does it say the black ear cups are not made of wood???

To give you direction, it was on one of two pages about CanJam. It's literally a single sentence squeezed into a bunch of other info about the 77 Deco. 

Apologies, it was from parttimeaudiophine.

" What’s new? The 99 Neo ($259), a more mod-looking and affordable version of the Classics. Same shape, same construction, same sound, same high build quality, no wood. We should see that in about 6 months or so. "
beerchug.gif

Apr 24, 2016 at 12:22 PM Post #405 of 7,696

Sorry to be pedantic then but where does it say the black ear cups are not made of wood???

To give you direction, it was on one of two pages about CanJam. It's literally a single sentence squeezed into a bunch of other info about the 77 Deco. 

Apologies, it was from parttimeaudiophine.

" What’s new? The 99 Neo ($259), a more mod-looking and affordable version of the Classics. Same shape, same construction, same sound, same high build quality, no wood. We should see that in about 6 months or so. "
beerchug.gif

Ahhhhhh.......okay I had not seen this, but thank you for taking time to provide all this information.

I still do wonder why they could not more easily just stain the wood, but maybe its much less easy than I am imagining.

Cool, but they need to also paint the metalwork black........matte????

Users who are viewing this thread

Back