1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by MezeTeam, Jan 13, 2016.
First

Back
92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101
103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112
Next

Last
  1. JerseyD

Thanks, Jinxy. I can get them, but they would be coming from Romania. Happy to order them if anyone wants me to.

MezeTeam likes this.
  2. subguy812
    I am not sure comparing the Meze to the HD650 is easy. In their respective categories they are both very good at what they are designed for. The Meze is a great portable option while the HD650 is a great in home headphone. One is an open design and the other closed. The Meze is easier to drive. The fortunate thing about both of these headphones is there are a lot of reviews out there for both. I own both because they both serve very different purposes for me. I also own TOTL iem's which are an entirely different ballgame. If you are looking for an engaging musical portable I would recommend the Meze. If you are looking for a great in home listening option I would recommend the HD650. If you could only have one it would be the Meze, only because you could use it out and about or in home, more versatile. The Meze is one of the best all around portable I have owned. I also have the Momentum 2.0 BT version, but if I am going portable corded I would grab the Meze or one of my iem's. 

Music freak likes this.
  3. nmatheis Contributor
    Home = Nighthawks

Office = Meze 99

:L3000:

4. shurealltheway

I want them! The largest ones. 64 x 50. Tell me what I need to do to make it happen.

5. Music freak
    Thank you for the comparison. I am thinking of considering them again. I like how the bass on the 650s sounds. Some people have called the 99s bass heavy. I do enjoy bass, but I hate when there is too much of it. Can you compare the quantity?

6. oyster
    VS 650, meze certainly are bass heavy. The bass nature is bouncy and is centered around 70-80hz.
    650 bass has better texture and is centered around 100-110hz but still has better extension.
    If you listening is on a desktop setup I dont see a reason to get the meze

7. Sito Lupion

Hi, I have ordered the biggest ones and they are 64 x 49 
    I'm waiting to receive them to give my impressions.

regards

shurealltheway likes this.
  8. Music freak
    I use my HD 650s and DT 150s with my desktop set up. I want something that can be driven by my phone ( Honor 5x).  
    Anyway, I wish I could demo them. I don't know when the next headphonezone meet going to happen here. Spending 25k(INR) on them is a lot when can you get the HD 650s for 27.5k. I am confused if I should pull the trigger. If I find them bass heavy for my taste, I would waste my money. 

9. MezeTeam
    That would be 64h x 48w x 24d to be more exact. 

Meze Audio Design. Comfort. Sound. True audio. Stay updated on Meze Audio at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/mezeaudio https://twitter.com/mezeaudio https://www.instagram.com/mezeaudio/ https://www.mezeaudio.com/ marketing@mezeaudio.com
  10. Sito Lupion
    @Music freak Hello, I use them a lot with my nexus 6 and it goes very well, not missing power.
    it is true that have bass, but they are not invasive at all, other frequencies can hear clearly.

regards

11. subguy812
    They way the treble is displayed certainly makes the amount of bass enjoyable. These are not critical listening headphones. You cannot compare the pricing for the Meze and the HD650. The Meze a perfectly priced  and the HD650 are priced below their performance level. Two different headphones for two different purposes. I will say your intial impression may be that there is too much bass but they need time. 

12. oyster
    Where are you from in India?
    I think headphonezone has an office in mumbai and b'lore. You may request a demo.

13. PinkyPowers

The Meze has more bass, but not by much. Some of that could just be the effects of closed-back.

Bansaku likes this.
  14. shurealltheway

Ok thank you!

15. Music freak
    Thanks for your help, everyone. I pulled the trigger on them. I usually don't spend much on portable headphones. I hope they don't disappoint me.

First

Back
92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101
103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112
Next

Last